- European Space Agency puts 2 navigation satellites in orbit Updated: May-24-16 10:13 am
BERLIN - A rocket fired from French Guiana has lifted two satellites into orbit that will form part of Europe's rival to the U.S.-made Global Positioning System, or GPS.
- Missing Kansas baby's father admits to removing GPS tracker Updated: May-24-16 9:34 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The father of a Wichita baby not seen since last summer has pleaded guilty to cutting off a GPS tracking device.
- Prep school grad convicted of sex assault free during appeal Updated: May-16-16 5:40 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old freshman girl as part of a game of sexual conquest called Senior Salute will again be free pending appeal.
- Yankton school buses getting cameras, student tracking Updated: May-15-16 9:03 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - School buses in Yankton are getting security cameras and a GPS student tracking system.
- Lawmakers look to ban GPS tracking of cars without consent Updated: May-11-16 6:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has passed a bill that would make it a crime to electronically track a vehicle without the owner's consent.
- Washington recycling company investigated for TV exports Updated: May-07-16 8:27 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - One of the largest electronic recycling companies in Washington state is facing multiple state investigations after it was allegedly caught exporting televisions with hazardous materials to unregulated facilities in Hong Kong.
- Officer failed to report incident prior to murder-suicide Updated: May-05-16 5:54 pm
SANFORD, Florida - Authorities say a central Florida man who killed his wife, his two young children and then himself last month would have likely been wearing a GPS monitor had an officer properly reported the violation of a protective order nine days before the murder-suicide.
- Lake County escaped inmate tracked to Texas via cellphone Updated: May-04-16 7:51 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - Authorities tracked an escaped northwestern Indiana inmate and his girlfriend to Texas using GPS coordinates obtained through a cellphone the couple purchased following the getaway, a sheriff said Wednesday.