- Massachusetts could ban talking on cellphones while driving Updated: Oct-06-15 7:49 pm
BOSTON - Families of those killed in distracted driving accidents are asking state lawmakers to back legislation that would require drivers to use hand-free phones in Massachusetts.
- LG unveils smartphone with dual display, improved camera Updated: Oct-01-15 1:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean smartphone maker LG Electronics Inc. unveiled a new smartphone Thursday with an additional screen and a camera that can capture a wider scene when taking a selfie, hoping to arrest a slide in its market share.
- Repent! Undercover New Hampshire cops nab cell ban violators Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Michelle Tetreault's daughter didn't know what "repent" meant when she spotted a man with a sign around his neck warning "Repent! The end is near!" But she's plenty sorry now that her mom is facing a $124 traffic ticket for using her cellphone to snap a picture of the man.
- Google unveils Nexus phones with 'Marshmallow' flavor Updated: Sep-29-15 3:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is countering the release of Apple's latest iPhones with two devices running on a new version of Android software designed to steer and document even more of its users' lives.
- Why phones break: Screens get stronger, yet we demand more Updated: Sep-29-15 12:10 pm
NEW YORK - Ask a roomful of people to take out their phones, and you're bound to see several with cracked screens.
- Apple sells 13 million new iPhones in 3 days Updated: Sep-28-15 11:00 am
NEW YORK - Apple says it sold more than 13 million iPhone 6s and 6s Plus phones in the three days since its iPhone launch, topping last year's early sales mark.
- BlackBerry to release smartphone to run on Android OS Updated: Sep-25-15 4:55 pm
TORONTO - BlackBerry has revealed plans to release the BlackBerry Priv as its first smartphone to run on the Android operating system.
- Got the new iPhone? Here's how to use Live Photos feature Updated: Sep-25-15 1:03 pm
NEW YORK - If you're getting one of the new iPhones, you'll be able to turn still images into video.
- Sprint offering to lease new iPhone 6s for as little as $1 Updated: Sep-25-15 11:38 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A new iPhone for $1 a month?
- Judge largely upholds Berkeley cellphone ordinance Updated: Sep-22-15 3:19 pm
BERKELEY, California - A federal judge has mostly upheld a new Berkeley ordinance that requires cellphone sellers to warn customers about keeping their cellphones too close to their bodies.
- Review: Better photos, animated shots in new iPhones Updated: Sep-22-15 8:54 am
NEW YORK - Photography gets even better with Apple's new iPhones.
- Lawyer: US needs to present better data in encryption debate Updated: Sep-21-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The federal government needs to be clearer about the importance of accessing encrypted smartphone evidence in order to prosecute criminals, a Justice Department lawyer acknowledged Monday.
- Review: Apple Watch improves with new software Updated: Sep-21-15 1:34 pm
NEW YORK - Apple Watch's new software brings useful enhancements, though it's not the same as getting a new watch.
- South Korea-backed app puts children at risk Updated: Sep-20-15 3:21 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Security researchers say they found critical weaknesses in a South Korean government-mandated child surveillance app - vulnerabilities that left the private lives of the country's youngest citizens open to hackers.
- With smartphones watching, on-field mistakes go viral fast Updated: Sep-18-15 3:56 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - When players hear all week about the importance of playing with passion, sometimes they end up showing too much at the wrong time.
- Court blocks US sales of old Samsung phones in Apple battle Updated: Sep-17-15 5:35 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court is blocking Samsung Electronics from selling some of its older smartphones in the U.S. in the latest twist to a long-running legal battle over how much of the devices' technology was copied from Apple's iPhone.
- Amazon dangles $50 tablet computer to hook more consumers Updated: Sep-17-15 11:55 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon is dangling a $50 tablet computer in its latest attempt to lure consumers who can't afford or don't want the more expensive Internet-connected devices made by Apple and other rivals.
- Lafayette trying new smartphone app to track offenders Updated: Sep-17-15 7:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new smartphone-based app will make cumbersome ankle bracelets a relic for some Lafayette Parish offenders sentenced to a GPS tracking program.
- Smarter Siri, better battery life in Apple software update Updated: Sep-16-15 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - Apple's iPhones and iPads are getting free software updates Wednesday, including battery improvements and a smarter virtual assistant.
- Apple touts environmental upgrade in latest iPhones Updated: Sep-16-15 3:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has given its latest iPhones an environmental upgrade to go along with a better camera and a few new features.
- Apple says sales for latest iPhones may surpass other models Updated: Sep-14-15 11:21 am
NEW YORK - Preorders for its latest iPhone have been so strong that Apple expects to surpass last year's record, when it sold 10 million phones during the first weekend.
- Out with the old...iPhones? 4 ways to reuse, resell, recycle Updated: Sep-11-15 4:08 am
NEW YORK - Each year, Apple dazzles its devoted fans with faster, sleeker, more powerful iPhones with better cameras and a bevy of bells and whistles. So, what's to become of last year's model?
- Google debuts mobile-pay service in 2nd try Updated: Sep-10-15 12:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's answer to the Apple Pay mobile-payment service is debuting in the U.S., marking a do-over by the company behind the world's most-used operating system for smartphones.
- Nintendo, Google spinoff Niantic in smartphone Pokemon game Updated: Sep-10-15 10:09 am
TOKYO - Imagine coming out of your office, home, or school and getting an alert: A Pikachu is lurking behind a nearby tree, and the chase is on.
- First Look: What's inside matters in new iPhones Updated: Sep-10-15 4:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Don't let looks deceive you.