- IG: IRS failed to upgrade security ahead of cyberattack Updated: Jun-02-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The IRS failed to implement dozens of security upgrades to its computer systems, some of which could have made it more difficult for hackers to use an IRS website to steal tax information from 104,000 taxpayers, a government investigator told Congress Tuesday.
- Google tries to demystify privacy controls with new approach Updated: Jun-01-15 8:53 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is making its privacy controls easier to find and understand in an attempt to make the more than 1 billion users of its digital services more comfortable about the personal information that they give the Internet's most powerful company.
- NY lawmakers look at cybersecurity laws, penalties Updated: May-26-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - State lawmakers in New York are set to examine current laws relating to privacy violations and data breaches and whether current penalties fit the crime.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall: Smart mirrors boost sales Updated: May-11-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine a fitting room with a "smart" mirror that suggests jeans to go with the red shirt you brought in. It snaps a video so you can compare the image side-by-side with other colorful shirts you try on. It might even show you how the shirt will fit without you having to undress.
- EU moves to help tech companies compete with US giants Updated: May-06-15 10:32 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has unveiled a long-term strategy to help its technology companies compete with U.S. giants like Google and Amazon by unifying the continent's digital sector and taking a hard line on abuses by dominant firms.
- New Louisiana public school student ID system developed Updated: May-05-15 4:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public school students will soon be assigned new student identification numbers.