- Mexican police mount big hunt for kidnapped soccer player Updated: May-29-16 7:27 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - Federal and state forces mounted a big search operation Sunday for Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido, who was abducted in the crime-plagued northern border state of Tamaulipas.
- Authorities ask for tips in missing teen case Updated: May-29-16 3:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities in Northern California on Sunday asked those who may have seen a teenage girl abducted by an armed acquaintance to call them after finding no trace of her during their two-day search along the Russian River in Sonoma County.
- The Latest: Authorities ask for tips in missing teen case Updated: May-29-16 3:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the search for a Northern California girl abducted at gunpoint (all times local):
- Suspects arrested in casino robbery, carjacking Updated: May-28-16 2:54 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities have arrested two suspects in the robbery of a casino near Missoula International Airport and the carjacking of a family.
- Prosecutors drop charges in teen kidnapping case Updated: May-28-16 2:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Prosecutors in St. Paul have decided to drop kidnapping and sexual assault charges against an ex-convict accused of chaining up a teen in his basement after the alleged victim became reluctant to continue the case.
- Jury: Man forced girl to smoke crack before sexual assault Updated: May-28-16 2:16 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A man convicted of forcing an 11-year-old girl to smoke crack cocaine and then perform sex acts on camera will spend at least 67 years in prison.
- Police officer accused of sexually abusing woman in custody Updated: May-27-16 7:56 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A Salt River Police Department officer is accused of sexually abusing a woman in his custody.
- N. Idaho man wanted on kidnapping charge captured Updated: May-27-16 11:43 am
BLANCHARD, Idaho - A northern Idaho man authorities say opened fire on a sheriff's deputy during a vehicle pursuit and then escaped on foot has been captured.
- Review condemns Aussie TV show over botched kidnap attempt Updated: May-27-16 2:21 am
SYDNEY - The producer behind an Australian television program's involvement in a mother's botched child-snatching operation in Lebanon has lost his job, as the show's founder on Friday dubbed the debacle "the gravest misadventure in the program's history."
- The Latest: Authorities hope to find abducted girl alive Updated: May-27-16 12:26 am
SOLVANG, California - The Latest on an abduction of a teen girl seen dragged on a Northern California overpass (all times local):
- The Latest: Teen girl's kidnapper gets 45-90 years in prison Updated: May-26-16 8:23 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - The Latest on a New Hampshire man who kidnapped a teenage girl and repeatedly raped her during nine months of captivity (all times local):
- Man admits kidnapping, raping teenage girl; gets 45-90 years Updated: May-26-16 8:21 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A man who kidnapped a 14-year-old girl when she accepted his offer of a ride home from school because her feet were sore, held her captive for nine months and raped her repeatedly at his trailer acknowledged his crimes on Thursday and apologized. The girl, who was in court to hear his admission, thanked him for eventually letting her go.
- Former sheriff surrenders on extortion, kidnapping charges Updated: May-26-16 4:03 pm
DENVER - A former Colorado sheriff has surrendered after he was indicted on charges including extortion, false imprisonment, second-degree kidnapping and official misconduct.
- Kansas man admits to chase-related shooting death of girl Updated: May-26-16 3:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A northeast Kansas man faces life in prison after admitting in federal court Thursday that he kidnapped his girlfriend's 5-year-old daughter and shot the child to death during a 2014 police chase.
- Federal grand jury indicts suspect in Navajo girl's slaying Updated: May-26-16 3:44 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal grand jury has returned a six-count indictment against a man accused of killing an 11-year-old Navajo girl who was abducted as she and her younger brother played on the way home from school.
- Mexico: Townspeople kidnap lawmakers to seek mayor's ouster Updated: May-26-16 2:55 pm
SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS, Mexico - A group of indigenous Mexicans kidnapped two lawmakers in the southern state of Chiapas, held them overnight and finally freed them unharmed Thursday after the state congress agreed to replace the mayor of their town.
- Man gets 24 years in prison for setting victim on fire Updated: May-26-16 7:10 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - A man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for trying to kill a man by cutting his throat, stabbing him and setting him on fire two years ago.
- Sri Lanka's Cabinet approves office to learn fate of missing Updated: May-26-16 6:56 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka's Cabinet has approved setting up an office to learn the fate of several thousands of people who went missing during the civil war that ended seven years ago, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
- Jury indicts former El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa Updated: May-25-16 10:59 pm
DENVER - A grand jury on Wednesday indicted former El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa on several charges, including extortion, false imprisonment, kidnapping and official misconduct.
- FBI seek tips on kidnapping suspects amid inquiry into death Updated: May-25-16 6:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The FBI asked the public for tips Wednesday as it investigates whether a father and son accused of tying up a woman and her four teenage daughters in a basement are linked to the death of a Utah rail worker.
- Michigan kidnapping suspect charged in unrelated killing Updated: May-25-16 5:39 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan man was charged Wednesday with killing a female jogger in 2014, after authorities investigating him in the recent abduction of a 16-year-old girl say they matched a gun in his van to the fatal shooting.
- Rights group: 2 aid workers kidnapped in eastern Congo Updated: May-25-16 4:51 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - A Congo-based organization says two humanitarian workers have been kidnapped in Congo's eastern North Kivu province.
- The Latest: Michigan man faces murder charge in 2014 death Updated: May-25-16 4:23 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The Latest on charges filed against a Michigan man in the 2014 fatal shooting of a 36-year-old woman (all times local):
- $1,000 reward offered in Sparks attempted kidnap, robbery Updated: May-25-16 3:13 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Secret Witness is offering a $1,000 reward as Sparks police investigate an attempted robbery and kidnapping at a strip mall on Sparks Boulevard.
- Cameroon teen escapes Boko Haram after raid Updated: May-25-16 1:44 pm
TOUROU, Cameroon - A 16-year-old girl was kidnapped with her 1-month-old baby by Boko Haram from her home in northern Cameroon 18 months ago, taken to Nigeria, married off to an extremist fighter and then trained to be a suicide bomber.