- UN agency says Mexican soldiers tortured 4 crime suspects Updated: Oct-09-15 5:38 pm
MEXICO CITY - The United Nations Committee Against Torture has found that Mexican soldiers tortured four men they detained as crime suspects in a northern state in 2009.
- Ex-CIA agent convicted in Italy fights to stay in Portugal Updated: Oct-09-15 9:18 am
LISBON, Portugal - A former CIA operative convicted of kidnapping an Egyptian cleric in Milan as part of the U.S. extraordinary renditions program is fighting against being sent to Italy to serve the six-year sentence she received in absentia there, a Portuguese court official said Friday.
- Final defendant admits role in 2010 accidental kidnapping Updated: Oct-08-15 5:22 pm
NEWTON, New Jersey - The fifth defendant in a case of mistaken identity that led to an accidental kidnapping spanning from New Jersey to Missouri has admitted his role in the incident.
- Italian prosecutor: convicted US diplomat held in Portugal Updated: Oct-08-15 11:13 am
MILAN - A former CIA operative convicted of the kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric as part of the extraordinary renditions program has been detained in Portugal and is awaiting a decision on whether she will be turned over to Italy to serve her six-year sentence, a top Italian prosecutor said Thursday.
- Searchers find no sign of kidnapped Italian in Philippines Updated: Oct-08-15 6:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine forces searched on land and sea Thursday but were unable to find any sign of a former Italian Roman Catholic missionary who was abducted by gunmen in the south, where he has lived for years despite a history of violent attacks on fellow Italian priests, officials said.
- Wind advisory helps save kidnapped Powellville woman Updated: Oct-07-15 7:31 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A woman who says her ex-boyfriend abducted her has been rescued after Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel employees helped the suspect move his surfboards across the bridge.
- Defendant in kidnapping first deemed hoax pleads not guilty Updated: Oct-05-15 6:56 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A disbarred attorney charged with kidnapping in a California case that police initially dismissed as a hoax has pleaded not guilty.
- Kindergarten kidnapper tells girl, 'I'm not a monster' Updated: Oct-05-15 5:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A girl abducted from her kindergarten classroom and sexually tortured during a bizarre overnight ordeal faced her kidnapper in court Monday and asked a judge to stop her from harming others.
- Fugitive accused of torturing prostitutes found in Mexico Updated: Oct-02-15 12:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two prostitutes nearly a quarter century ago is back in an Oregon jail after being arrested in Mexico.
- Former principal sentenced for kidnapping, assaults Updated: Oct-02-15 5:48 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - A judge has sentenced a former educator to 60 years in prison for sexually assaulting a woman in his Biloxi home and cutting her with a knife many times from head to toe.
- Utah Supreme Court: No new trial for man convicted of murder Updated: Oct-02-15 5:08 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Supreme Court has ruled that a man convicted of killing a retired Brigham Young University professor in 2009 will not get a new trial.
- Escaped inmate with homicide conviction captured in Oregon Updated: Oct-01-15 2:05 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who walked away from a Billings pre-release center last week has been arrested, along with his wife, in Portland, Oregon.
- Woman relieved by fugitive's arrest in Mexico decades later Updated: Sep-30-15 7:26 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An Idaho woman expressed relief Wednesday that a fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two women in suburban Portland, Oregon, nearly a quarter century ago has been arrested at a hotel in Mexico.
- Omaha couple convicted of savagely assaulting woman Updated: Sep-30-15 1:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two Omaha people are scheduled to be sentenced in November for kidnapping and savagely attacking a woman over her boyfriend's debt.
- A grandmother's ordeal in the hands of Mexican kidnappers Updated: Sep-30-15 12:27 pm
AHUEHUEPAN, Mexico - The kidnappers promised Yolanda Alvarez Antunez they would free her husband after she paid the ransom. The mother of five, grandmother of 13 saw no other option.
- 16 Turkish workers kidnapped in Iraq are released Updated: Sep-30-15 10:02 am
BAGHDAD - Sixteen Turkish workers kidnapped from a construction site in Baghdad and held for nearly a month were released on Wednesday, Turkey's prime minister and Iraqi officials said.
- Man charged after boy says he shocked him with jumper cables Updated: Sep-30-15 9:15 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man has been charged with abducting a 15-year-old boy and shocking him with jumper cables to get information about a robbery.
- Henderson clerk credited with foiling kidnapping Updated: Sep-30-15 5:26 am
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - A Henderson County convenience store clerk is being credited with halting the kidnapping of a 14-year-old girl.
- The Latest: Fugitive back in US after 24 years on the run Updated: Sep-29-15 1:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The latest on the capture of an Oregon fugitive who fled kidnapping and torture charges 25 years ago (all times local):
- Teen says man hooked jumper cables to ears, shocked him Updated: Sep-29-15 5:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 58-year-old man was arrested after a Wichita teenager told police he was abducted at gunpoint and tortured.
- Trial to begin for former Mississippi assistant principal Updated: Sep-29-15 4:10 am
GAUTIER, Mississippi - A former Gautier High School assistant principal in set to go on trial on charges that he kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman while holding her against her will for more than 12 hours.
- Mexican singer, TV star arrested at California airport Updated: Sep-28-15 11:10 pm
ONTARIO, California - A Mexican singer who stars in a Spanish-language TV show has been arrested at a Southern California airport on kidnapping and other charges.
- Ex-Michigan man to return to Illinois in kidnapping case Updated: Sep-26-15 2:30 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A man charged in the kidnapping of a 53-year-old suburban Chicago woman was being returned to Illinois following a federal court hearing in Grand Rapids.
- 2 men arrested for kidnapping, drugging and raping 2 teens Updated: Sep-25-15 8:31 pm
REDMOND, Oregon - Oregon State Police say two men have been arrested on charges of kidnapping and raping two teen girls who couldn't get their car started at a store.
- Police investigate abductions of 2 Springfield co-workers Updated: Sep-25-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating reports that a masked man abducted two co-workers, roughed them up and returned them in separate incidents.