- Prosecutor says California man forced abducted teen to wed Updated: Feb-11-16 6:26 pm
FULLERTON, California - A prosecutor is urging Southern California jurors to look beyond the appearance of a happy marriage in the case of a man charged with abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl who stayed with him for a decade.
- Some charges dropped against man in teen's abduction, rape Updated: Feb-11-16 3:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire prosecutor dropped some charges against the man accused of kidnapping and raping a teenage girl over the course of nine months.
- Cops: 3rd man arrested in robbery, carjacking of taxi driver Updated: Feb-11-16 6:23 am
RIDGEWOOD, New Jersey - Police say a third man has been arrested on charges stemming from the kidnapping and robbery of a taxi driver last year in northern New Jersey.
- Man sought on kidnapping charges arrested in Morgan County Updated: Feb-11-16 5:58 am
GRAVOIS MILLS, Missouri - A man sought on kidnapping and domestic violence assault charges in Independence has been arrested in Morgan County.
- President: Czechs paid $6.2M ransom to Pakistan kidnappers Updated: Feb-10-16 1:33 pm
PRAGUE - The Czech Republic paid a ransom for the release of two Czech women who were kidnapped in Pakistan in 2013, President Milos Zeman said Wednesday.
- 2 Virginia teens charged in Eden shooting death Updated: Feb-10-16 12:10 pm
EDEN, North Carolina - Two Virginia teens have been arrested in the shooting death of an Eden man last month.
- Man arrested on suspicion of kidnapping estranged wife Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
HAMILTON, Montana - A 49-year-old Corvallis man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his estranged wife and assaulting her.
- 3rd man charged in Hartford sex trafficking case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A third man has been charged in connection with a sex trafficking investigation involving an 18-year-old woman who was held against her will, physically abused and forced into prostitution in Connecticut.
- UGA student kidnapped, shot while delivering pizza Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 am
ATHENS, Georgia - A University of Georgia student is recovering after he was kidnapped, robbed and shot four times while trying to deliver pizza last week.
- Journalist kidnapped in southern Mexico found dead Updated: Feb-09-16 10:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - A reporter who was kidnapped by armed assailants in the Gulf Coast state of Veracruz this week has been found dead, Mexican authorities said Tuesday.
- Feb. 29 sentencing for Tucson couple in home imprisonment Updated: Feb-09-16 7:45 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The sentencing of a Tucson couple convicted of holding their three daughters captive has been pushed back.
- Authorities' pursuit of Amber Alert suspect ends with crash Updated: Feb-09-16 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who police say took his 2-year-old daughter from her mother at gunpoint fled north to Colorado on Tuesday before his vehicle hit troopers' spike strips, rolled over and ejected both him and the toddler, authorities said.
- South Africa to prosecute 4 apartheid-era cops for murder Updated: Feb-09-16 3:46 pm
JOHANNESBURG - The body of a young anti-apartheid activist who was kidnapped and tortured in 1983 by South African police has never been found, her family never able to mourn at a grave, her killers not sent to prison.
- The Latest: Colorado troopers chased Amber Alert suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Shelton man accused of kidnapping, raping stranger Updated: Feb-09-16 1:13 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A 35-year-old Shelton man has been accused of kidnapping and raping a woman.
- Man gets 50 years to life for slaying of elderly Ohio couple Updated: Feb-09-16 3:31 am
COSHOCTON, Ohio - A man who authorities say participated in the kidnapping and slaying of an elderly northeast Ohio couple has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Prosecutors say gunmen kidnapped reporter in southern Mexico Updated: Feb-08-16 8:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - A reporter was dragged from her home by armed assailants before dawn Monday in southern Mexico and had not been seen since, authorities said.
- Jury finds Michigan man guilty in 14-year-old girl's death Updated: Feb-08-16 6:43 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A jury has found a man guilty of killing a 14-year-old girl along a popular suburban Detroit nature trail.
- Australian released by jihadists arrives in Burkina Faso Updated: Feb-08-16 6:29 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - An Australian woman who was freed by her al-Qaida captors after several weeks said Monday that she hopes her husband who remains a hostage will soon be released as well so they can continue their charity work in the West African country.
- Mandatory life for man who led 2-state, 3-week manhunt Updated: Feb-07-16 9:03 pm
FRANKLINTON, Louisiana - A judge has sentenced a man whose violent crimes started a three-week manhunt in Louisiana and Mississippi, the Washington Parish district attorney said.
- 2 La kids found in Ariz after month; mom, man arrested Updated: Feb-07-16 5:30 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say two kidnapped boys, aged 2 and 7, have been found in Casa Grande, Arizona, after a monthlong search.
- Militants free Australian woman kidnapped in Burkina Faso Updated: Feb-06-16 5:50 pm
NIAMEY, Niger - A spokesman for Niger's president says an Australian woman kidnapped last month in northern Burkina Faso has been freed.
- 'Bonnie and Clyde' suspect booked into Florida jail Updated: Feb-06-16 4:24 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - The surviving suspect in a multistate crime spree has been booked into a Florida jail.
- 3 held in alleged fake kidnapping scheme in Chicago suburb Updated: Feb-06-16 3:15 pm
BRIDGEVIEW, Illinois - Suburban Chicago police say three people face felony disorderly conduct charges for allegedly faking a kidnapping in hopes of getting money to pay gambling debts.
- Man convicted in jewelry store worker kidnap gets 30 years Updated: Feb-05-16 3:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - One of three men convicted of kidnapping and torturing a Philadelphia jewelry store worker before dumping her in a cemetery in an attempt to get the shop's security codes has been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.