- Mali extremist traded for French hostage killed in attack Updated: Jul-06-15 4:16 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - French special forces have killed an Islamic extremist in northern Mali who had been released last year in exchange for the freedom of a French hostage, a Malian official said Monday.
- Amber Alert canceled for 9-month-old New Jersey boy Updated: Jul-06-15 12:47 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - State police say a 9-month-old New Jersey boy allegedly abducted by his father at knifepoint has been found unharmed.
- Police seek suspect in attempted kidnapping of boy Updated: Jul-06-15 4:50 am
DENNIS, Massachusetts - Police say they're looking for a Massachusetts man who allegedly tried to abduct a 9-year-old boy.
- Police say man kidnapped 16-year-old girl in western Md. Updated: Jul-02-15 11:50 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Cumberland police say they've issued an arrest warrant for a 36-year-old man suspected of kidnapping a 16-year-old girl.
- Suspect in slaying of Texas store clerk pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-01-15 3:09 pm
BRYAN, Texas - A man charged in the March abduction and eventual death of a Central Texas store clerk has pleaded not guilty to all counts.
- Topeka man sentenced to 44 years in prison for raping girl Updated: Jul-01-15 6:04 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka man accused of kidnapping and raping a 5-year-old girl has been sentenced to nearly 44 years in prison.
- Wilhoit man gets 14-year prison term in sexual assault case Updated: Jun-30-15 6:20 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A Prescott-area man has been sentenced to prison after being convicted of sexually assaulting and kidnapping an underage girl.
- Suspect in fatal Arkansas-to-NC kidnapping pleads guilty Updated: Jun-29-15 7:17 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - A southwest Arkansas man charged with kidnapping and killing a Gurdon woman and driving her body across multiple states has pleaded guilty to a charge of kidnapping resulting in death.
- Driver arrested after woman calls 911 to report kidnapping Updated: Jun-29-15 6:01 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A woman kidnapped and raped by a man who broke into her car in eastern Oregon was able to call 911 after the vehicle got a flat tire, the authorities said Monday.
- Bail $200K for ex-cop held in Vegas in teen abduction case Updated: Jun-29-15 2:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Bail was set Monday at $200,000 for a former small-town Oklahoma police officer accused of taking a 15-year-old girl from her grandmother's home in Northern California to a Las Vegas Strip hotel, where they were found last week.
- Witness: Court gunman's son feared for children's safety Updated: Jun-29-15 1:14 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A prosecution witness says a man whose ex-wife was killed by his father at a Delaware courthouse expressed concerns about the safety of his three daughters before kidnapping them and taking them to Central America.
- Phoenix police officer accused of sexual assault, kidnapping Updated: Jun-27-15 1:56 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer is being accused of sexual misconduct involving a woman in his custody.
- Man charged with holding wife granted bail Updated: Jun-27-15 9:23 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Rutland man charged with holding his wife captive in their bedroom has been granted bail.
- Man convicted of robbing Mesa cellphone stores gets prison Updated: Jun-26-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - A man convicted of robbing three Mesa cellphone stores and assaulting several employees has been sentenced to 38 years in prison.
- Rogers man sentenced to 8 years for kidnapping Texas woman Updated: Jun-26-15 4:58 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - An Arkansas man has been sentenced to over eight years in federal prison for his role in kidnapping a Texas woman and taking her to his Bentonville home.
- Family of journalist held in Syria heralds new ransom policy Updated: Jun-25-15 8:19 am
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The parents of a Houston journalist taken hostage in Syria in 2012 have applauded President Barack Obama's decision to not prosecute families for paying ransoms to kidnappers.
- Man sentenced in gas station manager's death Updated: Jun-25-15 6:28 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - A jury in Anderson has convicted a man in the kidnapping and killing of gas station manager.
- Obama: US government has let down hostages' families Updated: Jun-24-15 10:32 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama conceded Wednesday that the U.S. government had let down the families of Americans held hostage by terrorists and promised they would not face criminal prosecution for paying ransoms to their loved ones' captors.
- Police: Missing woman's body found in woods, 2 arrested Updated: Jun-24-15 6:43 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two people have been charged with killing a 19-year-old woman whose body was found in a wooded ravine in Bullitt County.
- Boy sentenced to more than 1 year for Washington kidnap try Updated: Jun-24-15 6:03 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A 15-year-old boy accused of grabbing a toddler from a park in a small eastern Washington town pleaded guilty Wednesday to second-degree kidnapping and was sentenced to more than a year in juvenile detention.
- Rapper Rick Ross arrested on kidnapping, assault charges Updated: Jun-24-15 4:26 pm
ATLANTA - Rapper Rick Ross is accused of forcing a man into a guesthouse at his suburban-Atlanta mansion and beating him in the head with a handgun, chipping his teeth and mangling his jaw so badly that he's unable to chew food, authorities say in court records.
- Lockwood man gets 20 years for trying to kidnap girl Updated: Jun-24-15 5:06 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Lockwood man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for breaking into a house and trying to kidnap a 13-year-old girl.
- Man accused in killing, kidnapping arrested in Minnesota Updated: Jun-24-15 4:47 am
HERMANTOWN, Minnesota - Police in northern Minnesota say they've arrested an Indiana man accused of killing another man at his estranged wife's house and then forcing her and three children to flee with him.
- Rookie DPS officer credited with stopping kidnapping suspect Updated: Jun-23-15 4:56 pm
PHOENIX - A rookie police officer says he was "just doing his job" when he saved a 12-year-old California girl Monday after she was allegedly abducted by her stepbrother.
- Las Vegas bus driver pleads not guilty to child sex charges Updated: Jun-23-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas school bus driver accused of sexually assaulting children on his route has pleaded not guilty.