- 5 kidnapped Poles are 'safe and sound,' contacted families Updated: Nov-29-15 2:57 pm
WARSAW, Poland - The captain and four other Polish seamen abducted from a ship off Nigeria's coast last week are fine and called their families at home, Poland's Foreign Ministry said Sunday.
- Nigerian security agencies searching for kidnapped Poles Updated: Nov-28-15 2:02 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian security agencies are conducting a "spirited search" for the Polish captain and four crew members abducted from a cargo ship, an official said Saturday.
- Police search for teen accused of raping, kidnapping woman Updated: Nov-28-15 11:49 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Police are searching for a 17-year-old male accused of raping and robbing a woman after kidnapping her from a mall parking lot in Tuscaloosa.
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish girls Updated: Nov-27-15 10:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Federal prosecutors are seeking a maximum 580-year prison sentence for a man who sexually abused six children, including two Amish girls he kidnapped in northern New York.
- Polish cargo ship attacked off Nigeria; 5 abducted Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 am
WARSAW, Poland - Armed attackers abducted five Polish seamen from a cargo ship in Nigerian waters, Poland's government said Friday.
- Charges: Man abducted, assaulted, shackled 19-year-old Updated: Nov-26-15 2:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A 55-year-old man was being held on $1 million bail Thursday after authorities said he grabbed a 19-year-old man from a Minneapolis street, took him to his St. Paul home, then kept him chained up in a basement and sexually assaulted him over four days before the younger man could escape.
- Not guilty plea entered in Alaska abduction, rape case Updated: Nov-25-15 5:16 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A not guilty plea was entered in the case of a man accused of repeatedly raping a woman and holding her captive for five weeks in a cabin in Alaska.
- Sister of slain boy testifies in capital murder retrial Updated: Nov-24-15 7:56 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - The retrial of a man accused in the December 2006 death of a 5-year-old Etowah County boy continued Tuesday with testimony from the boy's teenage sister and other witnesses.
- Bond hearing set for man accused of shooting medical student Updated: Nov-24-15 6:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A man accused of shooting a medical student will remain in custody until a bond hearing is held next week.
- Woman admits killing cousin, reporting fake abduction to 911 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:30 pm
ALBANY, New York - A 20-year-old upstate New York woman admitted Tuesday that she strangled a 5-year-old cousin who had been in her parents' care and discarded his body along a road before calling in a false report that two masked intruders took him from their home.
- Omaha woman gets 51-65 years for kidnapping, brutal assault Updated: Nov-24-15 12:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha woman has been given 51 to 65 years in prison for kidnapping and savagely attacking a woman over her boyfriend's debt.
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police Updated: Nov-24-15 12:05 am
TELOLOAPAN, Mexico - Carlos Sanchez lay in the backseat of a Honda sedan with his head in his wife's lap, an oxygen tube in his nose, IV in his arm and three bullets in his body. The 36-year-old taco vendor cried out in pain at every bump on the pitch-dark highway to the city of Iguala.
- Psychologist: Woman accused of nabbing tot is hallucinating Updated: Nov-23-15 11:17 pm
NEWBURYPORT, Massachusetts - A court psychologist says a Massachusetts woman charged with kidnapping a 2-year-old girl found naked and with her head shaved is hallucinating.
- Attorneys argue evidence in real estate agent's slaying Updated: Nov-23-15 7:42 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Attorneys for a man charged with capital murder and kidnapping in the death of a central Arkansas real estate agent submitted written arguments Monday to keep his statements and other evidence from being presented at trial.
- Iowa judge: Man in abduction case is not competent for trial Updated: Nov-23-15 5:17 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A judge says a man accused of trying to abduct a girl in Dubuque this year is not competent to stand trial.
- Man arrested on weapons, kidnapping charges on LI Updated: Nov-23-15 11:02 am
FARMINGDALE, New York - Police say a 911 call of a man with a gun at a Long Island dollar store led to his arrest on weapons and kidnapping charges.
- Philippines welcomes convictions of 3 abductors of Americans Updated: Nov-23-15 8:46 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine police and military officials said Monday they were pressing on with a manhunt for about 30 kidnapping suspects after three Muslim militants were convicted of the 2011 abductions of an American woman, her teenage son and a Filipino relative vacationing in the country's south.
- Contra Costa authorities say girl's kidnapping was faked Updated: Nov-23-15 8:35 am
MARTINEZ, California - Officials in a California town say they have arrested two men after the kidnapping of a 17-year-old girl appeared to be a hoax.
- Man pleads not guilty to beating, kidnapping ex-girlfriend Updated: Nov-20-15 6:47 am
GOSHEN, New York - An upstate New York man has pleaded not guilty to charges he beat his ex-girlfriend over the head with a meat tenderizer last month.
- 2 charged with kidnapping at missing man's home Updated: Nov-20-15 6:37 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Two people have been charged with kidnapping at the home of a man who has been missing since last month.
- Girl says she couldn't leave bed or room while imprisoned Updated: Nov-19-15 8:27 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The oldest of three sisters who police say were imprisoned by their parents in an Arizona home testified Thursday that she was confined to a bed in her room for months until the younger girls escaped and alerted police.
- Parole denied again for convict in 1976 school bus hijacking Updated: Nov-19-15 7:39 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The last of three men convicted of hijacking a school bus full of California children nearly four decades ago was denied parole for the 16th time on Thursday.
- Men who tried to push Jewish man into divorce are sentenced Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three New York men who tried to coerce a Jewish man into giving his wife a religious divorce were sentenced on Thursday.
- A glance at disputed passages in 'Three Cups of Tea' Updated: Nov-19-15 6:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - Greg Mortenson's best-selling book "Three Cups of Tea" came under intense scrutiny after "60 Minutes," author Jon Krakauer and some people in the book said some of the stories were fabricated.
- Man charged with teen's rape accused of recording assault Updated: Nov-19-15 12:16 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A Hamilton man charged with kidnapping, drugging and repeatedly raping a 17-year-old girl over several days in February is now charged with capturing some of the assaults on video.