- Taylor Swift leads iHeartRadio Award nominations Updated: Feb-09-16 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - Taylor Swift leads the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Awards with eight nominations, followed by The Weeknd with seven.
- Sam Hunt: Hard to wrap head around 2 Grammy nominations Updated: Feb-09-16 11:52 am
SANTA CLARA, California - It's hard for rising singer Sam Hunt to wrap his head around earning two Grammy nominations - mainly because music started as a hobby for the 31-year-old.
- Russian town in Siberia makes DiCaprio an ersatz Oscar Updated: Feb-09-16 9:29 am
MOSCOW - Residents of a town in Russia's Far East have been donating their gold and silver for something near and dear to their hearts: Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Academy luncheon is time for reflection in high stakes year Updated: Feb-08-16 7:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The annual Oscar nominees luncheon is generally a time of low-stakes celebration, but this year amid discussions of Oscar diversity and a boycott, as well as dramatic changes to academy membership, the Monday gathering was also one for reflection.
- Producer Dave Cobb goes from outsiders to influencers Updated: Feb-08-16 2:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Producer Dave Cobb sits on a couch in the cavernous RCA Studio A, a 50-year-old studio on Music Row that was due to be razed to the ground less than two years ago to make room for luxury condos.
- Sam Hunt: Playing Super Bowl blends love for music, sports Updated: Feb-07-16 8:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As a kid, Sam Hunt dreamt of playing in the Super Bowl. And he was on the right path as a quarterback for both Middle Tennessee State University and the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Inarritu wins top DGA prize, further obscuring awards season Updated: Feb-07-16 4:05 am
LOS ANGELES - An unclear cinematic season got a little foggier on Saturday with Alejandro Inarritu's Directors Guild win for his harrowing frontier epic "The Revenant." With only weeks to go before the Academy Awards on Feb. 28, the race is still as wide open as ever.
- Michael B. Jordan wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-06-16 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - It was a total knockout for Michael B. Jordan at the NAACP Image Awards in a ceremony that took several jabs at Hollywood for the lack of racial diversity.
- Soul diva Rihanna to perform at Grammy Awards Updated: Feb-05-16 4:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rihanna is joining the list of performers at the Grammy Awards later this month.
- John Scofield goes back to the future on Grammy-nominated CD Updated: Feb-05-16 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Jazz guitarist John Scofield went back to the future on his Grammy-nominated CD "Past Present," reuniting members of his acclaimed quartet from the early 1990s to play his new compositions.
- Japan deports star of Oscar-winning dolphin documentary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:55 am
TOKYO - The star of an Oscar-winning documentary that shows how dolphins are hunted in a Japanese village was deported to the U.S. on Friday after Tokyo airport officials barred his entry and he was held in detention for more than two weeks.
- Band Perry on Denver Broncos, Lady Gaga and Grammys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Returning to perform ahead of the Super Bowl is good and (sort of) bad for country trio The Band Perry, who last performed around the 2014 game.
- Illustrators win gold medals for book, editorial art Updated: Feb-05-16 12:33 am
NEW YORK - The annual gold medals awarded by the Society of Illustrators in New York are considered the Oscars of the profession.
- 5 places in L.A. to soak up Oscars vibes Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's Oscar season in Los Angeles. With the 88th annual Academy Awards scheduled for Feb. 28, here are five places in L.A. to soak up those glitzy Oscars vibes and maybe even run into one of the nominees.
- Singer Andra Day rises as soul songstress Updated: Feb-04-16 12:54 pm
ATLANTA - A phone call from Stevie Wonder changed Andra Day's life. He called Day and asked if he could work with her.
- Chris Stapleton to lead B.B. King tribute at Grammys Updated: Feb-04-16 10:20 am
NEW YORK - Country singer Chris Stapleton will join Gary Clark Jr. and Bonnie Raitt at the Grammy Awards later this month for a tribute to the late blues master B.B. King.
- Cast of Broadway's 'Hamilton' to perform at Grammy show Updated: Feb-03-16 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Grammy Awards this year will have a little Broadway sparkle: The cast of "Hamilton" will perform live via satellite from the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
- The 10-time Grammy winner you don't know about but should Updated: Feb-03-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - His role is at the finish line of an album - helping it sound as perfect as possible before it's available to the masses. He's won 10 Grammys, including three consecutive wins for album of the year from 2013-2015. And he's collaborated with contemporary leaders like Pharrell and Daft Punk to iconic acts like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen.
- 20 years later, metal band Sevendust relishes Grammy nod Updated: Feb-03-16 9:52 am
NEW YORK - If Grammys were handed out for sheer persistence, the metal band Sevendust would have a bunch by now.
- Painterly 'The Assassin' leads nominees at Asian Film Awards Updated: Feb-03-16 9:40 am
HONG KONG - Hou Hsiao-hsien's cinematic kung fu masterpiece "The Assassin" may have missed out on an Oscar nod, but it tops nominees at the Asian Film Awards.
- 'Star Wars,' 'Jurassic World' among Kids Choice nominees Updated: Feb-02-16 4:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Stormtroopers, superheroes, dinosaurs and Cinderella are among the nominees at this year's Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- Lady Gaga to perform tribute to Bowie at Grammys Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Gaga will pay tribute to the late David Bowie during the Grammy Awards later this month.
- Talk show host James Corden will host the Tony Awards Updated: Feb-02-16 11:10 am
NEW YORK - James Corden will be staying up late for real to host the Tony Awards.
- Eric Church, Chris Stapleton lead ACM nominations Updated: Feb-01-16 9:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Eric Church and Chris Stapleton lead the nominees for the 51st annual Academy of Country Music Awards with five nominations each, including male vocalist and album of the year.
- Cam's dreamy 'Burning House' ignites her career Updated: Feb-01-16 9:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Northern California-born country singer Cam turned a bad dream about an ex-boyfriend into a song that made her musical dream come true.