- 'Carol,' 'Beasts of No Nation' lead Independent Spirit nods Updated: Nov-24-15 4:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - The 1950s-set romance "Carol" starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara collected the most nominations Tuesday for the 31st Film Independent Spirit Awards.
- Tony Awards telecast finds a home for 2016 further uptown Updated: Nov-24-15 10:15 am
NEW YORK - The next Tony Awards have found a home - a familiar one but one far from Broadway.
- France enjoys big night at International Emmys, with 3 wins Updated: Nov-23-15 10:19 pm
NEW YORK - France had a big night Monday at the International Emmys with a leading three awards, led by the hit crime thriller "Engrenages" ("Spiral") which won for best drama series. Brazil received two Emmys, with "Doce de Mae" ("Sweet Mother") chosen the best comedy.
- 1D wins big at AMAs; Dion pays tribute to Paris victims Updated: Nov-23-15 10:12 am
One Direction may have debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard charts behind Justin Bieber, but they won the top award - artist of the year - at Sunday's American Music Awards.
- Justin Bieber, One Direction, Paris get spotlight at AMAs Updated: Nov-23-15 3:33 am
The 2015 American Music Awards, hosted by Jennifer Lopez at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, featured memorable performances from the Weeknd and Carrie Underwood, a sneak peak at the upcoming "Star Wars" film and a moving tribute to Paris. Here is a look at the top moments from Sunday night.
- Stars at American Music Awards have Paris on their minds Updated: Nov-23-15 3:21 am
LOS ANGELES - It's the American Music Awards, but guests had Paris on their minds.
- Winner of the 2015 American Music Awards Updated: Nov-22-15 11:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - Complete list of winners of the 2015 American Music Awards, presented Sunday at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles:
- Celine Dion to pay tribute to Paris at American Music Awards Updated: Nov-20-15 9:10 am
LOS ANGELES - Celine Dion will honor the victims of the attacks in Paris at Sunday's American Music Awards.
- Lafourcade wins 4 Latin Grammys, Guerra takes 3 Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 am
LAS VEGAS - Natalia Lafourcade was the big winner Thursday at the Latin Grammy Awards, making good on four of her five nominations for her album "Hasta la Raiz." But the Mexican singer-songwriter lost out on the top prize, album of the year, which went to Dominican bachata artist Juan Luis Guerra for "Todo Tiene su Hora."
- Winners of 16th annual Latin Grammy Awards Updated: Nov-19-15 11:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - Winners of the 16th annual Latin Grammy Awards, presented Thursday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas:
- Spike Lee shares worst film experience, top career moments Updated: Nov-10-15 8:35 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Spike Lee gets so excited when talking about movies, he can barely sit down. Reflecting on his career as he prepares to accept an honorary Oscar, the 58-year-old suddenly stands up and bounds around as he considers various ideas, at times bellowing so exuberantly, it echoes. Lee laughs as easily as he gets serious, and says he's profoundly touched by the film academy honor he'll receive Saturday at the seventh annual Governors Awards.
- After CMAs performance, Chris Stapleton tops Billboard chart Updated: Nov-09-15 2:27 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Stapleton's debut album shot straight to the top of the Billboard charts following his critically acclaimed performance at last week's Country Music Association Awards.
- Irving Azoff to be honored at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy gala Updated: Nov-09-15 1:30 pm
NEW YORK - Entertainment industry powerhouse Irving Azoff will be honored at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy gala next year.
- Rock your body: Justin Timberlake has top moment at CMAs Updated: Nov-05-15 8:45 am
Taylor Swift may have left country for pop, but after his top notch night at the CMA Awards, Justin Timberlake could easily trade pop for country.
- New screenwriters see Smits, Pinto, Baker perform their work Updated: Nov-05-15 4:15 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Until a screenplay is produced, it's essentially a silent document: only the writer or a reader can hear its voices.
- Little Big Town, Chris Stapleton shine at CMA Awards Updated: Nov-05-15 1:15 am
Though the room was full of A-listers like Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert and Luke Bryan, Little Big Town, with their massive hit "Girl Crush," and Chris Stapleton, who has written songs for most of Nashville, owned the 2015 Country Music Association Awards.
- Winners at the 49th annual CMA Awards Updated: Nov-04-15 10:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Winners of the 49th annual Country Music Association Awards presented Wednesday night in Nashville:
- Eric Church drops surprise album on day of CMA Awards Updated: Nov-04-15 9:45 pm
NEW YORK - Singer Eric Church dropped a surprise album on the day of the Country Music Association Awards.
- Fun facts about the 49th Country Music Association Awards Updated: Nov-04-15 10:54 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Coffee, guitars and buses will keep the cast and crew running behind the scenes at the 49th annual Country Music Association Awards, airing live Wednesday on ABC Television (8 p.m. Eastern) from the Bridgestone Arena.
- Elvis songwriter Mac Davis honored by BMI Updated: Nov-04-15 12:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Songwriter Mac Davis, who wrote the Elvis Presley classic "In the Ghetto," was honored at the BMI Country Awards in Nashville, Tennessee, on Tuesday with tributes from Luke Bryan and Little Big Town.
- 'Age of Ultron,' The Weeknd top People's Choice nominations Updated: Nov-03-15 1:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - "Avengers: Age of Ultron," Dwayne Johnson, The Weeknd, and "Grey's Anatomy" picked up multiple People's Choice Awards nominations, announced on Tuesday.
- Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett are more alike than you think Updated: Nov-03-15 11:42 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Chris Stapleton and Thomas Rhett are both nominated for new artist of the year at the Country Music Association Awards, which should be read with a wink since neither is really new to country music.
- Free music becomes top-selling album for singer Sam Hunt Updated: Nov-03-15 10:40 am
NEW YORK - Sam Hunt may be celebrating the one-year anniversary of his debut album, but most of the songs from "Montevallo" have been living online since 2013.
- 'Chariots of Fire' screenwriter Colin Welland dies at 81 Updated: Nov-03-15 10:16 am
LONDON - Actor and writer Colin Welland, who famously told Hollywood "the British are coming" when he won an Academy Award for "Chariots of Fire," has died. He was 81.
- No. 1 with a bullet: Kelsea Ballerini has a big debut year Updated: Nov-02-15 5:42 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - For Kelsea Ballerini, one is the luckiest number. Her auspicious debut on the country music scene has earned her a lot of firsts this year, from hit singles to award nominations and big performances.