- Dear Mama: Afeni Shakur, mother of rapper Tupac Shakur, dies Updated: May-03-16 2:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Afeni Shakur, the former Black Panther who inspired the work of her son, rap icon Tupac Shakur, and then fostered his legacy for decades after he was slain, has died, authorities said Tuesday. She was 69.
- The Latest: Amtrak also affected Tuesday by CSX derailment Updated: May-02-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the CSX train derailment in Washington, D.C. (all times local):
- Labor contractor must pay $7.6M for mistreating farmworkers Updated: May-02-16 1:38 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A federal judge has ordered a farm labor contractor to pay $7.6 million in damages for a pattern of subjecting Thai farmworkers in the state of Washington to a hostile work environment, harassment and discrimination.
- Priceline CEO resigns after probe into employee relationship Updated: Apr-28-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Online travel booking company Priceline said Thursday that its CEO resigned after he had a personal relationship with an employee.
- EXCHANGE: Companies look for ways to keep Millennials Updated: Apr-28-16 6:34 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - When searching for a job after college, Kyle Swenson didn't want location to determine where he would begin his career, a decision he admits not many of his friends would make.
- Ford, UAW renew relationship with state job safety agency Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. and the United Auto Workers say they have renewed a relationship with a state workplace safety agency that's helped cut on-the-job injuries and absences.
- Indians take to Buddhist chanting to alleviate urban stress Updated: Apr-26-16 4:43 am
NEW DELHI - The bank executive, the book publisher and the social worker had one thing in common: Their hectic lives in the crowded Indian capital had become so chaotic and stressful, they've turned to chanting Buddhist mantras in search of calm.
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson ahead of schedule in injury recovery Updated: Apr-18-16 5:51 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - When the Green Bay Packers went back to work Monday for the official start of the team's offseason workout program, they saw more of wide receiver Jordy Nelson and less of running back Eddie Lacy.
- Kentucky jury awards $5.3M in UPS discrimination lawsuit Updated: Apr-14-16 5:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Eight black men won a $5.3 million jury award Thursday in a lawsuit over claims that they endured a hostile work environment at UPS in Lexington, Kentucky, and that an effigy of a black UPS driver was hung from a ceiling.
- US Attorney General Lynch commends Indianapolis police Updated: Apr-13-16 5:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - U. S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch has commended the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department's officer safety and wellness program.
- Portugal's head of culture quits after uncultured threats Updated: Apr-08-16 9:47 am
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government's head of culture quit Friday after causing an outcry by threatening on social media to slap two newspaper critics.