- Federal offices open despite wintry mix, option for telework Updated: Feb-09-16 6:39 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government is open as a wintry mix falls in the Washington region, but federal workers can take leave or telework.
- Winter storm warning downgraded across New Jersey Updated: Feb-09-16 5:47 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Very little snow, if any, has fallen across New Jersey and the National Weather Service has downgraded a winter storm warning.
- House OKs bill seeking accommodations for pregnant workers Updated: Feb-04-16 3:28 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Pregnant workers would be guaranteed accommodations for bathroom, food and water breaks under a measure passed by the House.
- Duggan's office announces date of State of City Address Updated: Feb-04-16 1:54 pm
DETROIT - Mayor Mike Duggan's office has announced the date for Detroit's annual State of the City Address.
- Breastfeeding bill brings talk of 'milking', babies in mines Updated: Feb-02-16 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal to require businesses to accommodate breastfeeding mothers at work has passed the Utah Senate despite concerns from one lawmaker who wondered if it would lead to babies in coal mines.
- US education official apologizes for poor judgment, behavior Updated: Feb-01-16 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A senior Education Department official apologized ahead of a congressional oversight hearing for what he acknowledged was poor judgment and "unacceptable" behavior related to working on his side businesses with subordinates, failing to pay taxes on his profits and awarding a government contract to a friend's company.
- Many New Jersey schools closed in wake of major snowstorm Updated: Jan-25-16 6:20 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Commuters heading to work in New Jersey are finding major highways clear following the major storm that clobbered the state.
- The Latest: Tennessee Powerball winners plan to keep working Updated: Jan-15-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The latest on a Tennessee couple that says they won the Powerball (all times local):