- Man gets prison for molesting women during massage therapy Updated: May-27-16 9:27 am
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - A massage therapist will spend 6½ to 13 years in prison for molesting women during massage sessions at an eastern Pennsylvania spa that's being sued as a result.
- Former Atlanta money manager pleads guilty to $35M scheme Updated: May-27-16 4:38 am
ATLANTA - The former head of an Atlanta money management firm has pleaded guilty to conspiring with a former business partner to defraud investors of more than $35 million through a fraud scheme.
- Fate of automatic tobacco tax hike in Dayton's hands Updated: May-26-16 6:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Cigarette smokers in Minnesota would catch a break if Gov. Mark Dayton signs into law a tax package that includes a provision rolling back automatic hikes in the state's tobacco tax.
- Assistance approved for 5 Oklahoma counties hit by storms Updated: May-26-16 5:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Federal disaster assistance has been approved for five Oklahoma counties hit by severe storms, tornadoes and flooding earlier this month.
- Many opt to take Social Security before full retirement age Updated: May-26-16 4:11 pm
CHICAGO - Taking Social Security benefits early comes with a price, yet more than 4 in 10 Americans who are 50 and over say they'll dip into the program before reaching full retirement age.
- Cheapskates, you're doing it right. At least in investing. Updated: May-26-16 3:28 pm
NEW YORK - Stay cheap.
- Depp asks court to rule he should not pay spousal support Updated: May-26-16 3:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp has asked a court to determine that he should not pay spousal support to his estranged wife Amber Heard, who filed for divorce after 15 months of marriage.
- Takata taps financial adviser as recall costs mount Updated: May-26-16 12:29 pm
TOKYO - Faced with mounting costs from a global recall of air bags, Japanese supplier Takata Corp. has hired the advisory firm Lazard to engineer a restructuring of its finances, likely with the help of some of its biggest customers.
- Bill would end free skiing for New Hampshire seniors Updated: May-26-16 12:17 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire seniors may have to start paying to ski during the week after more than 40 years of free time on the slopes at the state-owned Cannon Mountain Ski Area.
- Rate filings for individual Alaska health plans due in July Updated: May-25-16 7:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The lone insurance company expected to offer individual health policies to Alaskans next year will have until mid-July to make its requests for rate changes.
- CEO pay in 2015: When a $468,449 raise is typical Updated: May-25-16 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - CEOs at the biggest companies got a 4.5 percent pay raise last year. That's almost double the typical American worker's, and a lot more than investors earned from owning their stocks - a big fat zero.
- Most American households doing better financially Updated: May-25-16 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Most American households say their finances have strengthened slightly, but nearly half report that they would struggle to meet $400 in expenses from an unexpected emergency, according to the Federal Reserve's annual survey on economic well-being.
- 13 more state employees receive layoff notices Updated: May-25-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Thirteen more Connecticut state employees in the executive branch have received layoff notices since last week.
- To love, honor and share a credit card statement Updated: May-25-16 1:08 pm
It's wedding season and as many couples get ready to say their vows, they may want to have a talk about fidelity - financial fidelity.
- 6 road-trip apps to make the miles fly by Updated: May-25-16 12:36 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Hitting the road this summer? Forget Yelp and those hotel booking apps - they're useful, but boring. Instead, pack along these apps to liven things up along the way. You might even learn something.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Democrats aim at Trump's tax returns Updated: May-25-16 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - Hmmm, wonder who he has in mind?
- Illinois Supreme Court to review hospital taxation issue Updated: May-25-16 10:49 am
CHICAGO - The Illinois Supreme Court has agreed to review a case regarding the constitutionality of hospital tax exemptions.
- State continuing its review of proposed Allstate rate hike Updated: May-25-16 7:04 am
ATLANTA - State regulators say they're continuing to review a plan by Allstate to raise auto insurance rates for Georgia drivers.
- Audit: Nevada health exchange may be overpaying for outreach Updated: May-24-16 9:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - A state audit released Tuesday raised questions about whether Nevada's health insurance exchange is using its money wisely, citing outreach organizations that are being paid tens of thousands of dollars but haven't provided proof that they were promoting the exchange for much of that time.
- Feds: 5 arrested, accused of scam posing as IRS agents Updated: May-24-16 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department has arrested five people in Miami accused of posing as IRS agents in telephone calls and demanding immediate payment of overdue taxes, a scheme that netted them an estimated $2 million, a top official said Tuesday.
- Florida cost for opposing gay marriage? $213,000 and rising Updated: May-24-16 6:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida is going to pay at least $213,000 for its losing battle to keep intact a voter-approved ban on gay marriage.
- Fares are cheap; airlines don't want them to stay that way Updated: May-24-16 3:46 pm
DALLAS - Enjoy lower airfares while you can. Airlines are taking steps to push prices higher by next year.
- Refugees and scholars: Colleges offer war-torn a route to US Updated: May-24-16 2:48 pm
BOSTON - Colleges in the U.S. are opening their doors - and their financial aid - to Syrian refugees.
- State Senate wants quick standard deduction increase Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The state Senate has agreed to increase the amount of individual income not subject to North Carolina taxes even more.
- Americans have disparate access to retirement plans Updated: May-24-16 11:02 am
Americans who want to retire may face very unequal paths to get there depending on where they live.