- Bus overturns: 1 serious injury, dozens of minor injuries Updated: Nov-29-15 11:44 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A charter bus carrying college students to three Virginia campuses near the close of the holiday weekend overturned Sunday evening, leaving one person seriously injured and 35 others aboard with minor injuries, police said.
- Concussions and the long, dangerous road to recovery Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - Jackie Adams' descent into despair began in 2007 with an elbow to the head when she was an Ocean City High School sophomore during a girls soccer game.
- Texas starting QB Heard knocked out of game with head injury Updated: Nov-26-15 9:06 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas starting quarterback Jerrod Heard was knocked out of the Longhorns' game against Texas Tech in the second quarter Thursday night with a head injury and will not return.
- Frank Gifford's family says CTE found in his brain Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - The family of Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death.
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- Officials issue hypothermia alert in DC, freeze expected Updated: Nov-22-15 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Department of Homeland Security will activate a hypothermia alert for the District of Columbia.
- Investigators probe death of a man found with body trauma Updated: Nov-20-15 12:39 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities in Newark are probing the death of a man who was found with apparent body trauma.
- Autopsy: 11-month-old boy died of blunt impact head trauma Updated: Nov-20-15 8:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Attorney General's office says an 11-month-old boy from Alexandria died of blunt impact head trauma and is calling the death a homicide.
- 3 men file lawsuits after e-cigarette batteries explode Updated: Nov-20-15 7:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Three California men have filed lawsuits against manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers of electronic cigarettes, claiming the products' batteries exploded, causing severe injuries.
- Red Wings put Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve Updated: Nov-19-15 5:13 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have put forward Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve because of concussion-like symptoms.
- Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury Updated: Nov-19-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football.
- Autopsy: Police dog bites led to Florida inmate's death Updated: Nov-18-15 3:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Authorities have concluded that a 22-year-old central Florida jail inmate died because of infections resulting from police dog bites received during an August arrest.
- Lost hiker spent 2 cold nights in Angeles National Forest Updated: Nov-10-15 8:56 am
ALTADENA, California - A 23-year-old woman was rescued after spending two cold nights lost in Angeles National Forest.
- Vikings QB Bridgewater leaves game with head injury Updated: Nov-08-15 6:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was knocked out of the game by a hit to the head in the fourth quarter against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday that caused a concussion.
- 65-year-old woman found dead with head trauma in NYC Updated: Nov-07-15 9:12 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 65-year-old woman was found dead in her Manhattan apartment after suffering head trauma.
- Laramie native Tristan Eickbush gives up football for health Updated: Nov-06-15 1:59 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Two hits in a span of 24 hours changed Tristan Eickbush's life.
- 'Concussion' doctor aiding marijuana-based research company Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
The doctor portrayed in the upcoming football movie "Concussion" is on the board of a company looking for a marijuana-based treatment for head injuries.
- Man dies after multiple hornet stings Updated: Nov-02-15 8:18 pm
CLE ELUM, Washington - Officials say a 60-year-old from North Bend man has died after being stung multiple times by hornets.
- Man suffers shrapnel wound at firing range Updated: Nov-02-15 12:29 pm
EDEN, Vermont - A Vermont man has suffered a non-life-threatening shrapnel wound at a firing range in Eden.