- All those questions about Zika's threat even touch baseball Updated: May-06-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Scientists know the Zika virus causes devastating birth defects but they can't yet tell how big a threat it is or what to do about it. It's not just pregnant women who are worried - now it's touched baseball.
- Baltimore infant dies from burns, parents investigated Updated: May-06-16 7:56 am
BALTIMORE - A one-month-old girl has died in Baltimore and her parents are being investigated after the infant sustained burns over 80 percent of her body.
- 3 teens recovering after being shot on Rochester streeet Updated: May-05-16 6:49 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Police in Rochester say three teenagers are being treated for minor injuries they suffered after being hit by gunfire on a city street.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit Updated: May-04-16 11:25 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in Ohio will pay $712,000 to a former football player who said the team's coaches and medical staff didn't pull him from practice right away after he suffered multiple concussions that led to a permanent brain injury.
- Man in wheelchair, left in sun at Florida nursing home, dies Updated: May-03-16 2:28 pm
PINELLAS PARK, Florida - A Florida nursing home is under investigation after the death of a man in a wheelchair who was left in the sun, where he suffered second-degree burns, blistering and symptoms of dehydration.
- North Carolina man bitten by cobra Updated: May-03-16 12:55 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - An Orange County man is being treated in a Chapel Hill hospital after he was bitten by a cobra snake.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- Illinois construction worker dies weeks after explosion Updated: May-02-16 2:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - A construction worker from southwest Illinois has died several weeks after suffering severe burns in a gas explosion while on the job.
- Monkey bars alert: Playground concussions are on the rise Updated: May-02-16 8:22 am
CHICAGO - Playground concussions are on the rise, according to a new government study, and monkey bars and swings are most often involved.
- Phoenix-area man injured, horse killed by lightning strike Updated: May-01-16 4:10 pm
BUCKEYE, Arizona - Authorities say a man remains hospitalized at a Phoenix burn unit after being struck by lightning while horseback riding.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- Report: Woman found at Riverton church died of hypothermia Updated: Apr-28-16 10:04 am
RIVERTON, Wyoming - According to an autopsy report, an Ethete woman found unconscious at a Riverton church last month died of hypothermia.
- Forsyth County woman's spilled soup lawsuit reported settled Updated: Apr-28-16 4:44 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A settlement has been reached in a federal lawsuit in which a Forsyth County woman claimed that an instant noodle soup cup caused second-degree burns on her daughter.
- Manager says Chyna's death may be accidental overdose Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
REDONDO BEACH, California - Former wrestling star Chyna died of an accidental overdose of a prescription sleeping pill and a tranquilizer, her manager said Wednesday.
- Instructor, 2 international students survive plane crash Updated: Apr-27-16 9:27 am
POMPANO BEACH, Florida - Authorities have identified the people injured when a small plane crashed as a South Florida flight instructor and his two international students.
- Report finds flaws in U of Chicago Medicine's expansion Updated: Apr-26-16 5:16 pm
CHICAGO - A new report says University of Chicago Medicine is asking for too much in its $269 million expansion proposal.
- Girl, 8, dies after being severely burned in house fire Updated: Apr-26-16 5:51 am
BUFFALO, New York - Officials say an 8-year-old girl who was severely injured in a Buffalo house fire that killed two people in February has died at a pediatric burn unit in Ohio.
- Victims rescued from flaming car in Milton, driver injured Updated: Apr-26-16 4:50 am
MILTON, New Hampshire - A motorist suffered serious burns after he and a passenger were pulled from a crashed pickup truck in Milton after it burst into flames.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- Man treated for rabid bat bite Updated: Apr-24-16 3:40 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - A man is undergoing treatment after being bitten by a bat carrying the state's first confirmed case of rabies this year.
- Prince's death raises numerous questions about prior health Updated: Apr-22-16 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince talked dirty in song but had a reputation for clean living. He also had an ability to put on shows that were electrifying in their athleticism.
- Alligator bites retired police dog - who probably bit back Updated: Apr-21-16 4:41 pm
PALMETTO, Florida - A retired K-9 in Florida is recovering after being bitten by an alligator that so far is eluding capture.
- Alligator bites retired police dog - who probably bit back Updated: Apr-21-16 12:53 pm
PALMETTO, Florida - A retired police dog in Florida is recovering after being bitten by an alligator that so far is eluding capture.
- Girl battling bone condition showered with birthday cards Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Paige Mason now has every state and 23 countries in the palm of her fragile hands.