- Kentucky schools to pay $1.75M after child's legs broken Updated: May-27-16 3:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The family of an autistic teenager whose legs were broken when a teaching assistant physically restrained him will be paid $1.75 million by a Kentucky school district.
- Louisiana man dies after 1,000 bee stings in Arizona park Updated: May-26-16 8:57 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities say a man visiting from Louisiana has died after being stung by bees more than 1,000 times while hiking in a Phoenix-area.
- Goodell reaffirms NFL's concussion research role Updated: May-26-16 5:54 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reaffirmed the league's commitment to concussion research in a letter Thursday to the 32 team owners.
- Fourth missionary injured in Brussels attack out of hospital Updated: May-26-16 5:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A 66-year-old Mormon missionary who suffered severe burns on more than one-third of his body in the Brussels airport bombing has been released from the hospital.
- Bianchi's family taking legal action following his death Updated: May-26-16 6:42 am
MONACO - The family of Jules Bianchi is taking legal action against motorsport's governing body, the Marussia team and Formula One Management following the French driver's death from head injuries.
- Judge says dismissal of beekeeper's lawsuit won't fly Updated: May-26-16 4:34 am
DOVER, Delaware - A judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a beekeeper who became allergic to bee venom after being stung hundreds of times while responding to a tractor-trailer accident.
- Woman hospitalized after being kicked by horse Updated: May-25-16 5:53 am
SCOTTSMOOR, Florida - Officials say a woman has been airlifted to a hospital after being kicked in the head by a horse in Brevard County.
- NFL doctor sends strong response to House report Updated: May-24-16 11:10 pm
SEATTLE - The co-chairman of the NFL's head, neck and spine committee has sent a letter to Congress stressing that he was not contacted by a committee handling a report during a government study on the link between football and brain disease.
- Concussion group says ex-NFL player Bubba Smith had CTE Updated: May-24-16 5:17 pm
BOSTON - Former NFL defensive end Bubba Smith was diagnosed with the brain disease CTE by researchers after his death, the Concussion Legacy Foundation said Monday.
- Minnesota woman survives 100-foot fall during Arizona hike Updated: May-24-16 2:50 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A hiker from Minnesota has been rescued after falling 100 feet from a cliff in northwestern Arizona and spending 24 hours stranded with serious injuries.
- Report: NFL sought to influence study on brain injuries Updated: May-23-16 5:38 pm
WASHINGTON - National Football League officials improperly sought to influence a government study on the link between football and brain disease, according to a senior House Democrat in a report issued Monday.
- Atkinson man injured by fire that destroys house, camper Updated: May-23-16 12:12 pm
ATKINSON, Maine - Police say an Atkinson man suffered severe burns when his house caught fire.
- The Latest: Officer, woman hit by car at NC BBQ festival Updated: May-22-16 5:46 pm
AYDEN, North Carolina - The Latest on injuries suffered after a car hit pedestrians at a North Carolina town's barbecue festival (all times local):
- Glendale man stung more than 200 times in bee attack Updated: May-21-16 2:26 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A Glendale man is recovering after being stung by bees more than 200 times.
- Judge limits helmet evidence in college football death suit Updated: May-20-16 6:45 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - A Maryland judge on Friday limited the evidence a jury will hear about football helmets in a wrongful-death lawsuit stemming from the head-injury death of a Frostburg State University football player in 2011.
- Haus the hero dog goes home after snake bite treatment Updated: May-20-16 1:11 am
TAMPA, Florida - Haus the hero dog has gone home.
- Penn State player had symptoms for years before filing suit Updated: May-19-16 6:06 pm
NEW YORK - The former Penn State football player who is suing the school and the NCAA over their handling of concussions says he has been dealing with dizziness, headaches, memory loss and other symptoms for 26 years.
- Injured ballerina works her way back to the stage Updated: May-19-16 6:01 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Ballerina Lucila Munaretto refused to accept what her doctors told her after a rollerblading accident left her with serious brain and spine injuries - that she might never dance again.
- Last of 3 victims of fiery car crash identified Updated: May-18-16 11:18 am
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Authorities have identified the last of the three victims of a fiery eastern Pennsylvania crash earlier this month.
- UK university bans mortarboard throwing over injury risk Updated: May-18-16 11:15 am
LONDON - A British university has been accused of overreacting for banning graduating students from tossing mortarboards into the air on health and safety grounds.
- Former college wrestler suing after series of concussions Updated: May-18-16 8:55 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Old Dominion University wrestler has filed a lawsuit against the school, saying that despite being knocked out three times over a six-week period and exhibiting symptoms of concussions, coaches failed to refer him for medical treatment.
- 1st US penis transplant could bring hope to maimed soldiers Updated: May-16-16 8:04 pm
BOSTON - A 64-year-old cancer patient has received the nation's first penis transplant, a groundbreaking operation that may also help accident victims and some of the many U.S. veterans maimed by roadside bombs.
- Woman struck, injured trying to cross Coastal Highway Updated: May-16-16 4:01 pm
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Ocean City Police say a woman trying to cross Coastal highway against a pedestrian signal is in critical condition at Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
- Loneliness hurts: Senior health about more than disease Updated: May-16-16 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Grandma's cholesterol is OK, but maybe the doctor should be asking about her social life, too.
- Reno officials rescue 4 people from Truckee River Updated: May-16-16 11:40 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials say they have rescued four people from the Truckee River after they fell off a flotation device.