- Larimer County wildfire that forced evacuations contained Updated: Sep-04-15 9:49 am
LIVERMORE, Colorado - A wildfire that forced the evacuation of more than 100 people in Larimer County is fully contained.
- St. Louis-area pet store evacuated after illness complaints Updated: Sep-04-15 8:32 am
BRENTWOOD, Missouri - Seven people and several animals were removed from a suburban St. Louis pet store over health concerns that were apparently caused by a refrigerant gas leak.
- Evacuation notifications lifted for Larimer County wildfire Updated: Sep-03-15 11:02 am
LIVERMORE, Colorado - Evacuation notifications have been lifted after more than 100 people were told to get out of the Crystal Lakes area in northern Colorado because of a 20-ccre wildfire.
- Space & Rocket Center to reopen after fire forces evacuation Updated: Sep-03-15 8:49 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Authorities at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center say they plan to have the facility open for business Thursday after the main museum was evacuated due to a fire.
- Fire at Moscow airport delays flights, passengers evacuated Updated: Sep-03-15 3:52 am
MOSCOW - A fire at Moscow's largest airport prompted an evacuation of all passengers and delayed at least 50 flights.
- Natural gas leak evacuates about 40 people in St. Albans Updated: Sep-03-15 3:35 am
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - Authorities say a natural gas leak in a Vermont town forced evacuations from four buildings.
- Evacuations lifted around destructive Oregon wildfire Updated: Sep-02-15 3:33 pm
JOHN DAY, Oregon - Firefighters battling a destructive wildfire near John Day are allowing people who have been evacuated for weeks to return to their homes.
- Princeton University chemistry lab evacuated after spill Updated: Sep-02-15 3:11 am
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Officials say a chemistry building at Princeton University was evacuated after a small amount of hazardous materials spilled inside a laboratory on the school's central New Jersey campus.
- Evacuation lifted for homes near Salt Lake City suburb fire Updated: Sep-01-15 6:17 pm
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah - Authorities lifted an evacuation notice Tuesday afternoon for 30 homes bordering a brush fire that was burning near the mouth of a Salt Lake City-area canyon.
- SW Idaho middle school evacuated after smoke enters building Updated: Aug-31-15 1:04 pm
MERIDIAN, Idaho - A malfunctioning air conditioner that caused smoke to pour into a southwest Idaho middle school led to the evacuation of more than 1,100 students Monday morning.
- Dominica declares disaster status after storm leaves 20 dead Updated: Aug-30-15 11:23 pm
ROSEAU, Dominica - Rescue teams worked Sunday to reopen roads to remote communities in Dominica after Tropical Storm Erika caused flooding and mudslides that killed at least 20 people and left more than 50 missing on the Caribbean island.
- Woman delivers hand grenade to police, prompts evacuation Updated: Aug-30-15 12:43 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A hand grenade a woman found in her grandfather's belongings prompted police in Vermont to evacuate their department and surrounding homes after she brought it into the station.
- New central Oregon wildfire destroys 2 homes Updated: Aug-29-15 8:43 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A human-caused fire broke out at a state park campground in central Oregon and quickly grew to 200 acres Saturday, destroying two homes and several outbuildings.
- Uninhabited areas most affected by Kodiak area fire Updated: Aug-28-15 5:51 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - Authorities say uninhabited areas of a small Kodiak Island community felt the brunt of a wind-whipped wildfire that prompted evacuation orders and destroyed a library and three houses.
- Several Texas A&M buildings evacuated amid natural gas leak Updated: Aug-27-15 3:36 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Several residence halls and other buildings at Texas A&M University have been evacuated due to a natural gas leak.
- Wildfire prompts some evacuations in Ferry County Updated: Aug-26-15 12:15 pm
REPUBLIC, Washington - Firefighters battling a 262-square mile wildfire near the town of Republic plan to ignite a back burn a couple of miles west of the Ferry County town to slow the advance of the flames.
- Record wildfire in Washington gets international, local help Updated: Aug-24-15 10:19 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - As Washington state's wildfires burned into the record books Monday, calls for help were answered from far and near.
- The Latest: Crews fight fire near Montana highway Updated: Aug-24-15 4:07 pm
OKANOGAN, Washington - The latest on wildfires in the West (all times local):
- Kutztown University freshman dorm evacuated for fumes Updated: Aug-24-15 7:02 am
KUTZTOWN, Pennsylvania - A freshman dormitory at Kutztown University was evacuated after 19 people became sick from fumes that rose from the building's basement.
- State, feds surveying coastal residents on evacuation needs Updated: Aug-24-15 4:05 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Local, state and federal governments are conducting a survey of coastal residents in South Carolina to determine who might need assistance if there were a large-scale evacuation before a hurricane.
- Evacuations lifted around northern Idaho wildfires Updated: Aug-23-15 5:05 pm
WEIPPE, Idaho - Officials in northern Idaho have lifted the mandatory evacuation notices for people living near a group of wildfires that has destroyed 42 homes.
- Okanogan wildfires fire grow by 100 square miles Updated: Aug-22-15 10:53 am
TWISP, Washington - A series of wildfires in north-central Washington that left three firefighters dead grew by more than 100 square miles, but officials hope easing winds forecast for Saturday will allow them to gain the upper hand.
- More fire evacuations ordered near Noxon Updated: Aug-20-15 7:10 pm
HELENA, Montana - More homes are being evacuated north of Noxon as a fire burning in the Kootenai National Forest spreads.
- Manager credited with saving dozens in massive motel blast Updated: Aug-19-15 8:43 pm
SEATTLE - A fast-acting manager who evacuated a Washington motel minutes before a massive explosion is being credited with saving dozens of lives, including some who were staying in rooms that were reduced to rubble.
- The Latest: Gas company IDs worker hurt in motel explosion Updated: Aug-19-15 7:55 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - The latest on an explosion that leveled part of motel in Washington state (all times local):