- Kids on ski outing evacuate burning bus, avoid injury Updated: Feb-13-16 5:07 pm
GLACIER, Washington - About 35 middle school kids avoided injury Saturday morning by evacuating a charter bus that caught fire heading to Mt. Baker Ski Area in northwest Washington state.
- The Latest: Official: Half of Calais camp to be evacuated Updated: Feb-12-16 12:26 pm
SID, Serbia - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- 3 floors evacuated for hazmat incident at Vegas Strip hotel Updated: Feb-10-16 7:25 pm
LAS VEGAS - Guests were ordered to leave three floors of a Las Vegas Strip hotel for about four hours Wednesday while hazardous materials teams investigated a liquid found in an unoccupied room, authorities said.
- The Latest: No threat found in Las Vegas hotel hazmat case Updated: Feb-10-16 7:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Latest on a hazardous materials incident at the Luxor resort on the Las Vegas Strip (all times local):
- School evacuated after note on van threatens explosion Updated: Feb-10-16 1:41 am
CORONA, California - Police in Southern California evacuated about 1,000 people from homes and an elementary school for much of the day after finding a parked van with a man unconscious inside and a note on the windshield saying the vehicle would explode if it was moved.
- Spain: Jet evacuated in Madrid after hoax threat Updated: Feb-04-16 3:55 pm
MADRID - Passengers on a jet set to leave Madrid for Saudi Arabia were evacuated Thursday after the pilot reported an unspecified threat that authorities later determined was a hoax.
- Torrential rains cause flooding in northwest Georgia Updated: Feb-03-16 7:30 am
ATLANTA - An emergency manager in northwest Georgia says storms have prompted the evacuation of an apartment complex as several roads are under water.
- Coast Guard flies sick cruise passenger to hospital Updated: Feb-02-16 7:51 am
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - The Coast Guard has taken a sick woman off a cruise ship about 230 miles east of Cape Hatteras.
- Man charged in federal building evacuation released Updated: Feb-02-16 3:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Provo man accused of trying to bring an explosive device into the federal building in Salt Lake City is set to be released from jail as he awaits trial.
- Saudi Arabia Mission evacuated; requests bomb squad Updated: Jan-26-16 3:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Permanent Mission of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations has been evacuated after a report of a suspicious package received in the mail.
- 4 Kenai families lose homes in earthquake Updated: Jan-25-16 5:43 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Vincent Calderon and Carrie Gaethle had just gotten their two children back to bed after being shaken awake by a 7.1 magnitude tremor that rocked the Kenai Peninsula Sunday morning when their house exploded into a mass of blue flames.
- Firefighters evacuate tenants of 24 units after collapse Updated: Jan-24-16 10:40 am
MANASSAS, Virginia - Firefighters evacuated tenants from 24 apartments in two northern Virginia apartment buildings after one partially collapsed and the other showed signs of weakening.
- Massive snowstorm brings flooding to East Coast Updated: Jan-23-16 9:01 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A massive winter storm that dumped as much as 3 feet of snow on the eastern United States raised flood waters in communities up and down the Atlantic Coast Saturday, closing roads and prompting evacuations.
- Chesapeake jet fuel leak prompts evacuations Updated: Jan-22-16 1:14 pm
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - A tank that was leaking jet fuel prompted the evacuation of 70 homes in a Chesapeake neighborhood.
- AP FACT CHECK: Benghazi movie misstates some facts Updated: Jan-20-16 3:53 am
WASHINGTON - Michael Bay's new film, "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi," tells the story of the deadly Sept. 11, 2012, attacks in Libya through the heroics of the private security contractors assigned to protect Americans.
- Several Phoenix metro area schools reportedly threatened Updated: Jan-19-16 7:22 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a series of school threats across the Phoenix metropolitan area prompted evacuations and lockdowns.
- Bomb threats reported at 2 schools, 1 evacuated Updated: Jan-19-16 3:33 pm
FARMINGTON, New Hampshire - Police have reported two bomb threats to New Hampshire high schools, one scrawled on a boys' bathroom wall and the other in the form of an automated phone call.
- Records: No evacuation ordered in Chicago area tent collapse Updated: Jan-18-16 1:01 pm
WOOD DALE, Illinois - Police communications show law enforcement authorities were aware of a powerful August storm heading toward a suburban Chicago festival, but didn't order an evacuation ahead of a fatal tent collapse, according to a Monday newspaper report.
- Small dryer fire prompts evacuation of hotel in Fargo Updated: Jan-18-16 10:10 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A dryer fire prompted the evacuation of a Fargo hotel.
- Capitol office building partially cleared over lead fears Updated: Jan-15-16 1:22 pm
WASHINGTON - A building in the U.S. Capitol complex has been cleared after several workers reported feeling ill.
- Ice jam in Rock River causes minor flooding in Rock Township Updated: Jan-15-16 10:14 am
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Authorities are monitoring an ice jam in the Rock River that has led to minor flooding in Rock Township.
- No one hurt in small fire in Sioux Falls apartment building Updated: Jan-15-16 9:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - No one was hurt in a small fire that prompted the evacuation of a three-story apartment building in Sioux Falls.