- The Latest: East Texas struck by tornadoes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Latest on severe weather in the central U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Bus catches fire on Illinois highway, delaying field trip Updated: Apr-29-16 12:19 am
GILMAN, Illinois - Students from a Champaign high school on their way to a field trip had to evacuate the bus that was shuttling them to Chicago after it started smoking and eventually caught fire.
- Memories painful on Chernobyl's 30th anniversary Updated: Apr-26-16 2:08 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - As Ukraine and Belarus on Tuesday marked the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident with solemn words and an angry protest, some of the men who were sent to the site in the first chaotic and frightening days were gripped by painful memories.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.
- Gas leak in 15-story Dallas building sends 3 to hospital Updated: Apr-26-16 9:21 am
DALLAS - Experts are trying to pinpoint a gas leak in a 15-story residential building in downtown Dallas that sent three people to a hospital.
- Oil tank fire near New Town prompts evacuation of 2 families Updated: Apr-25-16 7:04 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Two families were evacuated from their homes in the Van Hook area near New Town after a group of oil storage tanks exploded and burned.
- Cause sought in Arizona fire that injured 2 firefighters Updated: Apr-24-16 2:48 pm
GILBERT, Arizona - Fire officials are trying to determine what caused a major fire at a construction site in a Phoenix suburb that led to dozens of evacuations.
- Hotel evacuated in western Iowa after an overnight fire Updated: Apr-24-16 12:24 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A hotel in western Iowa had to be evacuated after a fire early Sunday morning.
- Firefighter injured in five-alarm fire in Arizona Updated: Apr-24-16 4:18 am
GILBERT, Arizona - Some residents who had been evacuated near a major fire in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert returned home early Sunday.
- The Latest: Some return home after major fire in Arizona Updated: Apr-24-16 3:35 am
GILBERT, Arizona - The Latest on a five-alarm fire in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert (all times local):
- Goodwill store evacuated after suspicious device found Updated: Apr-22-16 8:39 pm
BONNEY LAKE, Washington - Authorities say they've removed and detonated a suspicious device found in a Goodwill store in Bonney Lake.
- Officials: Stoddard firefighter charged with arson Updated: Apr-22-16 6:15 pm
STODDARD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a Stoddard firefighter has been charged with arson in connection with a brush fire in that town that burned 190 acres and prompted the voluntary evacuation of 17 homes.
- Damage estimates for Houston-area flooding on the rise Updated: Apr-22-16 4:49 pm
HOUSTON - Widespread flooding that's claimed eight lives and displaced thousands of people in the Houston area has caused more than $14 million in damage and inundated more than 1,700 homes - figures that authorities said Friday will increase significantly as floodwaters recede and inspectors get a closer look at ravaged neighborhoods.
- All-clear after threats prompt Michigan casino evacuation Updated: Apr-22-16 8:40 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - The all-clear has been given after officials say threatening calls prompted the evacuation of about 2,500 people from a mid-Michigan casino and hotel.
- Aid reaches besieged Syria town amid concerns for truce Updated: Apr-22-16 2:18 am
BEIRUT - The U.N. special envoy for Syria said there was "real but modest" progress in the country's humanitarian situation despite a stumbling cease-fire, as one of the largest international aid convoys made it into a government-besieged opposition stronghold.
- Latest: Corps of Engineers releases water from control dams Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on Houston-area flooding (all times local):
- Argentina floods cause soy crop losses, force evacuations Updated: Apr-21-16 6:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Floods have swamped much of Argentina's soy crop, causing heavy losses to one of the world's top grains suppliers.
- Sioux Falls apartment fire blamed on unattended cooking Updated: Apr-19-16 6:22 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Fire prompted the evacuation of a three-story apartment building in Sioux Falls.
- Old Orchard Beach fire extinguished after evacuations Updated: Apr-15-16 7:24 pm
OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine - Maine fire officials say they have extinguished a fire that prompted precautionary evacuations in Old Orchard Beach.
- Police: Powder that prompted Billings evacuation was cocaine Updated: Apr-15-16 10:53 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Police say the suspicious powder found in an envelope at a downtown Billings office building was cocaine.
- Homes evacuated, no injuries in Louisiana train derailment Updated: Apr-14-16 8:25 am
SCOTT, Louisiana - Officials say more than 100 homes were evacuated after a train derailment in Louisiana, but no injuries were reported.
- Weekend grass fire prompts home evacuations near New Town Updated: Apr-11-16 7:03 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - A weekend grass fire near New Town prompted the evacuation of some homes.