- 2 dead, 5 missing after heavy rains in Texas, Kansas Updated: May-28-16 5:52 pm
HOUSTON - At least two people are dead and five others are missing after this week's torrential rains in Texas and Kansas, officials said Saturday, noting that though the threat of severe weather had lessened in Texas over the long holiday weekend, the focus is now on swollen rivers and waterways that are slowly rising and could flood homes.
- The Latest: Tropical storm forms off South Carolina's coast Updated: May-28-16 5:34 pm
The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Tropical Storm Bonnie forms near the Carolinas Updated: May-28-16 4:49 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a tropical disturbance off the coast of South Carolina (all times local):
- Emergency officials prepare for hurricane season Updated: May-28-16 11:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Emergency managers along the Louisiana-Mississippi Gulf Coast say they have their plans in place for the 2016 hurricane season which begins Wednesday.
- 153 homes in Bryan damaged by tornado Updated: May-27-16 10:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on severe weather in the Plains and flooding in Texas following heavy rains (all times local):
- Residents evacuated after fire at Gulfport apartment complex Updated: May-27-16 4:37 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Residents at an apartment complex in Gulfport have been evacuated after a fire took place.
- West Bank outpost's impending evacuation a test for Israel Updated: May-27-16 4:29 am
AMONA OUTPOST, West Bank - The fate of 50 white caravans perched atop a West Bank hill in the Amona settler outpost is emerging as a key test for Benjamin Netanyahu's newly-expanded hard-line government.
- Korean Air jet has engine fire in Tokyo, people evacuated Updated: May-27-16 2:27 am
TOKYO - An engine fire broke out on a Korean Air jet about to take off from a Tokyo airport Friday, and seven people may have been injured, an official said.
- Officials: Cause of strange, sickening school odor unknown Updated: May-26-16 3:38 am
AVON, Ohio - Fire officials say they'll likely never know what caused a strange odor that sickened four students and forced a northeast Ohio high school to evacuate.
- Classes resume after fire at Pennsylvania high school Updated: May-25-16 1:27 pm
LANSDALE, Pennsylvania - Students have returned to class one day after a fire forced the evacuation of a suburban Philadelphia high school.
- BWI control tower evacuated briefly after fire alarm Updated: May-24-16 8:42 pm
LINTHICUM, Maryland - An official says the air traffic control tower at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport was evacuated briefly after the fire alarm went off.
- Beyonce fans evacuate stadium due to storm threat Updated: May-24-16 7:03 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The threat of severe weather temporarily forced Beyonce fans to evacuate an outdoor stadium in Minneapolis just before the concert was scheduled to start.
- Police: 22 students evacuated after bus bursts into flames Updated: May-24-16 6:09 am
PARAMUS, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey school bus driver safely evacuated 22 high school students minutes before the bus became engulfed in flames.
- Utah school among several in US evacuated after bomb threat Updated: May-23-16 7:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials at a Utah high school evacuated after a bomb threat amid a wave of similar threats around the country say they've found no evidence of explosives.
- Florida Planned Parenthood clinic evacuated; 7 treated Updated: May-23-16 6:10 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - Florida authorities say cleaning supplies with improperly secured caps were the culprit behind an evacuation at a Florida Planned Parenthood clinic Monday.
- Authorities investigate bomb threats at Minnesota schools Updated: May-23-16 4:58 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Authorities are investigating bomb threats phoned in to schools in Minnesota on the same that schools across the country reported evacuations due to threats.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood clinic evacuated; 7 treated Updated: May-23-16 4:55 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - The Latest on the evacuation of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Sarasota, Florida (all times local):
- Police: Bomb left at scene of bank robbery a fake Updated: May-23-16 3:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say they've lifted an evacuation order on a dozen businesses after determining that a bomb left by a suspected bank robber was a fake.
- Police: At least 3 schools evacuated after receiving threats Updated: May-23-16 12:38 pm
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Police say at least three schools were evacuated in New Hampshire after receiving threats.
- 4 food distributor workers hospitalized due to chemical odor Updated: May-23-16 6:00 am
VAN BUREN, New York - Fire officials say nearly two dozen workers had to be evacuated after employees began smelling a heavy chemical odor at a central New York food distribution center.
- Bangladesh avoids high death toll with cyclone evacuation Updated: May-23-16 3:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Tens of thousands of Bangladeshis returned Monday to wind-battered villages and rain-soaked fields after a strong storm pummeled the coast and killed at least 26 people over the weekend.
- Home evacuations lifted near northwestern Arizona wildfire Updated: May-21-16 5:38 pm
MOHAVE VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities have lifted evacuations for 60 homes in the vicinity of a wildfire in northwestern Arizona.
- Keesler getting aeromedical evacuation squadron Updated: May-21-16 10:35 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The U.S. Air Force will move an aeromedical evacuation squadron to Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, bringing 122 people.
- Wind-driven grass fire burns 2 homes in Fairfield Updated: May-20-16 11:08 pm
FAIRFIELD, California - Authorities say a wind-driven grass fire has burned two homes and prompted authorities to evacuate the residents of another 10 homes in a north Fairfield neighborhood.
- Bomb threat evacuates Spartanburg County courthouse Updated: May-20-16 2:06 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Authorities evacuated the Spartanburg County Courthouse after a bomb threat, but say no bomb was found inside.