- Propane leak, evacuations reported in Auburn Updated: Oct-09-15 12:28 pm
AUBURN, New Hampshire - The fire department in Auburn says a propane leak has led to evacuations.
- Central Pennsylvania Wal-Mart evacuated for 4th bomb threat Updated: Oct-09-15 9:43 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Police are investigating the fourth bomb threat at a central Pennsylvania Wal-Mart since Sept. 24.
- Rain-swollen South Carolina rivers prompt new evacuations Updated: Oct-09-15 8:31 am
PLEASANT HILL, South Carolina - A number of South Carolina residents near the coast are evacuating and others are piling up sandbags anew outside homes and businesses, bracing for more possible flooding even as the nation's Homeland Security chief is set later Friday to tour areas hit hard by recent heavy rains.
- Authorities: Mall evacuated, 4 with possible carbon monoxide Updated: Oct-09-15 7:47 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Authorities say a shopping mall in North Carolina had to be evacuated and four people were taken to hospitals because of possible monoxide poisoning.
- Charlotte mall evacuated for possible carbon monoxide Updated: Oct-09-15 7:07 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A shopping mall in Charlotte was evacuated and four people were taken to hospitals because of possible monoxide poisoning.
- Fire forces evacuation of Delaware's Legislative Hall Updated: Oct-07-15 5:53 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A smoky fire forced the evacuation of Legislative Hall, Delaware's capitol, Wednesday afternoon, and two first responders were injured.
- General Mills evacuates Kansas City plant due to CO2 leak Updated: Oct-07-15 1:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - More than 100 employees have been evacuated from a General Mills plant in Kansas City after an alarm sounded indicating a carbon dioxide leak.
- Cops: Comment mistaken for bomb threat, school evacuated Updated: Oct-06-15 3:30 am
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a comment made during school was misinterpreted as a bomb threat and circulated through a Connecticut high school through text messages and social media.
- Oregon community college evacuated because of bomb threat Updated: Oct-05-15 5:33 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Officials evacuated Rogue Community College in southern Oregon because of a bomb threat.
- The Latest: Roads, bridges washed out in SC storm Updated: Oct-03-15 3:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rain storm affecting South Carolina this weekend (all times local):
- Some evacuees return to homes looted in California wildfire Updated: Oct-02-15 10:32 pm
MIDDLETOWN, California - More than a dozen homeowners who evacuated during a devastating California wildfire returned to find their homes had been burglarized, authorities said.
- Northern California schools reopen after deadly wildfire Updated: Sep-28-15 10:27 am
MIDDLETOWN, California - Students in the Middletown Unified School District are heading back to classes following one of the most destructive wildland fires in California history.
- Coastal Louisiana community struggling 10 years after Rita Updated: Sep-23-15 11:44 am
CAMERON, Louisiana - Vacant slabs, weed-choked lots and solitary stairs to nowhere permeate this tiny town in southwest Louisiana. All that remains of the Klean-N-Kruise car wash is a rusted white sign overlooking an empty, overgrown lot. Residents travel 30 miles away for anything they can't get at the local gas station because there is no grocery store.
- City says neighborhood remains evacuation after blast Updated: Sep-22-15 4:54 pm
WAXAHACHIE, Texas - Officials say an evacuation order remains in place for a North Texas neighborhood a day after an explosion destroyed a house and left a sister and brother hospitalized.
- Man robs Delaware bank, leaves behind backpack Updated: Sep-22-15 3:06 pm
BEAR, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a bank in Bear was evacuated after a robber left behind a backpack.
- 2 arrested in Reno after commission meeting evacuated Updated: Sep-21-15 9:56 pm
RENO, Nevada - A man set off a panic and evacuation of the county commission chambers in Reno on Monday when he spilled an unknown green liquid on the public speaking lectern while making a statement about pollution in the city's drinking water supply.
- Oklahoma state Capitol workers evacuate in false fire alarm Updated: Sep-21-15 5:33 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Many workers at the Oklahoma Capitol have evacuated the building after a fire alarm sounded.
- Chile confronts major quake with fortified buildings, alerts Updated: Sep-17-15 10:02 pm
COQUIMBO, Chile - Parts of this port city were a disaster zone Thursday after an 8.3-magnitude quake hit off the coast, killing at least 12 people and likely causing billions in damage. Overturned cars and splintered boats sat in mud next to furniture, toppled adobe homes and fishing nets tangled in trees.
- Bear spray prompts evacuation at hotel Updated: Sep-17-15 4:13 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Police are investigating after authorities say bear spray was leaked in a South Florida hotel.
- More than 1,000 pilgrims evacuated during Saudi hotel fire Updated: Sep-17-15 2:04 pm
MECCA, Saudi Arabia - More than 1,000 pilgrims in Saudi Arabia were safely evacuated from a hotel in Mecca after a fire broke out on Thursday ahead of the hajj, emergency officials said.
- In papal planning, contingencies for severe weather Updated: Sep-17-15 9:22 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's mayor jokes that Pope Francis has personally guaranteed perfect weather for his visit next week, yet emergency planners still have to be prepared in case Mother Nature has other ideas.
- Police: Package that prompted alarm in Superior full of meat Updated: Sep-16-15 10:46 pm
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - Police say a suspicious package that prompted the evacuation of a high school and two dorms at the University of Wisconsin-Superior turned out to be full of spoiled meat.
- Sheriff lowers evacuation level for Eastern Oregon wildfire Updated: Sep-15-15 11:38 am
RICHLAND, Oregon - The Baker County sheriff has reduced the evacuation level for those living in homes threatened by a wildfire northwest of Richland, Oregon.
- Restaurant fire leads to evacuation of employees, customers Updated: Sep-14-15 10:23 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Officials say a fire caused employees and customers to be evacuated from a restaurant in Bowling Green.
- Twin brothers, Katrina evacuees, pursuing success in Utah Updated: Sep-12-15 10:09 am
DRAPER, Utah - It's not that Desmond and Deshawn Sanders don't miss New Orleans, its culture, food and people.