- Wildfire prompts evacuation of camp area in Riverside County Updated: Jul-02-15 1:22 am
MORENO VALLEY, California - A wildfire burning in Riverside County has prompted the evacuation of a campground but no homes are threatened.
- Wimbledon's Centre Court evacuated after small fire Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
LONDON - A small electrical fire broke out inside Wimbledon's Centre Court building on Wednesday, causing an evacuation after play had ended for the day.
- The Latest: Electrical fire at Wimbledon sets off alarm Updated: Jul-01-15 5:53 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Western wildfires: Flames plague hot, dry Washington region Updated: Jul-01-15 4:53 pm
New flames ignited in drought-stricken Washington state, not far from where a destructive wildfire reduced homes to rubble. Crews also are battling blazes in California and Nevada.
- Wildfire forces evacuations near Quincy in Grant County Updated: Jul-01-15 6:22 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Officials say a wildfire has forced some rural residents near Quincy, Washington, to flee their homes.
- Grenade-shaped perfume bottle leads to courthouse evacuation Updated: Jun-30-15 6:50 pm
CINCINNATI - A suspicious item that prompted a Cincinnati courthouse evacuation turned out to be a perfume bottle shaped like a World War II grenade.
- Most evacuations lifted as wildfire near old mission slows Updated: Jun-30-15 12:59 am
LOMPOC, California - Most evacuations were lifted near a wildfire that broke out Monday in a rural area of Lompoc, not far from one of California's historic Spanish missions.
- Weekend rains bring relief for Alaska wildfire crews Updated: Jun-29-15 9:11 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Rains brought relief to crews battling many Alaska wildfires over the weekend. But heading into the holiday weekend, conditions are expected to heat up, capping a record fire month.
- Children evacuated from school bus after tire catches fire Updated: Jun-29-15 1:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say 40 children have been safety evacuated from a school bus that caught fire on a freeway in San Diego.
- Apartment complex fire forces evacuation of dozens of units Updated: Jun-29-15 9:47 am
PHOENIX - Authorities in Phoenix scurried to assist residents of an apartment complex where an overnight fire forced the evacuation of dozens of units.
- Rising river forces evacuation of trailer park near Hannibal Updated: Jun-29-15 8:08 am
TAYLOR, Missouri - Up to 100 residents were evacuated from a mobile home park in northeast Missouri because of rising flood waters.
- Nursing home in Ohio evacuated due to high water after rain Updated: Jun-28-15 7:01 pm
DESHLER, Ohio - Residents of a nursing home were evacuated because of concern about water in the building after heavy rainfall caused a creek in northwest Ohio to overflow.
- 3 Years Later - Remember the devastating 2012 Charlotte Fire Updated: Jun-28-15 12:54 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho - As Sharon Abreu recalls the sequence of events that occurred on June 28, 2012, she shivers and goose bumps raise on her arms as she speaks.
- Something's rotten: Stench from fridge sends 11 to hospital Updated: Jun-25-15 3:11 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Officials say a smelly refrigerator at the University of Kentucky sent nearly a dozen people to the hospital.
- Des Moines, other Polk County cities prepare for flooding Updated: Jun-25-15 1:07 pm
CLIVE, Iowa - West Des Moines, Clive and other Polk County cities prepared Thursday for more flooding as rivers and creeks rose past flood stages following heavy rains.
- Evacuations off for 1,000 near northern LA County wildfire Updated: Jun-25-15 1:19 am
SANTA CLARITA, California - Evacuations have been canceled for some 1,000 people north of Los Angeles as a brush fire that consumed some 350 acres has been reduced to smoldering hotspots.
- Wildfires blister Alaska with increased frequency, intensity Updated: Jun-24-15 9:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska residents endure the nation's harshest winters for the reward of beautiful summer days with sunshine that lingers until midnight.
- Nevada Highway Patrol's Reno office reopens after evacuation Updated: Jun-23-15 8:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - State troopers returned to work at the Nevada Highway Patrol office in Reno a day after they evacuated the building because of concerns about potentially toxic fumes.
- Topeka police search for people who fled crash Updated: Jun-23-15 5:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Topeka police say three people fled the scene of a hit-and-run accident, forcing the evacuation of a Topeka high school.
- Hundreds of firefighters join battle against fire near Tahoe Updated: Jun-22-15 10:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Air tankers and helicopters were helping hundreds of firefighters battle a wildfire south of Lake Tahoe where no structures have been damaged but the California mountain town of Markleeville remained on standby for possible evacuations.
- Wildfire moves closer to Sierra town of Markleeville Updated: Jun-21-15 10:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - A wind-whipped wildfire moved closer to the tiny Sierra Nevada town of Markleeville, California, on Sunday, and authorities were telling residents to be prepared to evacuate.
- Apartment complex evacuated due to apparent gas leak Updated: Jun-21-15 5:49 pm
LEVITTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say about 200 residents of a suburban Philadelphia apartment complex were evacuated due to an apparent gas leak.
- Storm heads northeast after flooding Oklahoma, Arkansas Updated: Jun-19-15 2:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - Tropical Depression Bill dumped up to 7 inches of rain on the Ozarks in southern Missouri overnight, causing flash floods that forced the evacuation of some towns and campgrounds and increasing the risk of major flooding along several rivers.
- Philly's 2nd water main break in week turns lot into lake Updated: Jun-18-15 4:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's second water main break this week is flooding streets and a parking lot and forcing the evacuation of several stores.
- Most evacuated by Arizona brush fire allowed to go home Updated: Jun-18-15 12:19 pm
KEARNY, Arizona - A smoky brush fire near a rural Arizona community forced hundreds of residents to evacuate as flames tore through at least two residences, but most have been allowed to go home, officials said Thursday.