- Milwaukee council approves detailed design for Bucks arena Updated: May-25-16 1:41 am
MILWAUKEE - The detailed design of the new downtown Milwaukee Bucks arena has received the approval of the Common Council in Milwaukee.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- City Council approves stadium deal with Texas Rangers Updated: May-24-16 11:36 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Arlington City Council has approved a master agreement setting forth the public-private setup to build a retractable-roof ballpark for the Texas Rangers.
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host Super Bowls Updated: May-24-16 5:12 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - If you spend billions of dollars to build it, they will come.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: May-18-16 5:19 pm
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- Syracuse University replacing Carrier Dome's inflatable roof Updated: May-17-16 8:06 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse University will replace the Carrier Dome's inflatable roof with a permanent structure as part of a plan to renovate the 36-year-old stadium and another campus athletic facility.
- Blank says work on Falcons' new stadium is on schedule Updated: May-16-16 2:44 pm
ATLANTA - As he awaits word on Atlanta's bid for to host a Super Bowl, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Monday construction of the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium is back on schedule to open in June, 2017.
- Seattle councilwomen speak out against arena vote backlash Updated: May-11-16 7:41 pm
SEATTLE - Writing in an op-ed in the Seattle Times Wednesday, the five women on Seattle's mostly female City Council responded to sexist attacks against them after a recent council vote sidetracked an arena proposal aimed at bringing the NBA back to the city.
- 2018 Super Bowl set for Feb. 4 in Minneapolis Updated: May-11-16 12:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The date has been set for the 2018 NFL Super Bowl to be played in Minneapolis.
- Browns owners pick up tab to refurbish high school fields Updated: May-10-16 10:16 am
CLEVELAND - Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam wouldn't trade the way the club's new front office handled its first NFL draft.
- Artificial turf set to be installed at Vikings' new home Updated: May-10-16 1:19 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The artificial turf at the new home of the Minnesota Vikings is set to be installed.
- Column: Braves go from model franchise to laughingstock Updated: May-07-16 12:54 am
ATLANTA - A slew of pennants line the left-field facade at Turner Field, a sobering reminder of the team that used to play here.
- City Council approves plans for new Los Angeles soccer venue Updated: May-06-16 3:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The City Council on Friday approved plans to build a $250 million stadium for Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club.
- Seattle mayor decries sexist attacks to sports arena vote Updated: May-05-16 5:31 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's mayor and an investor have condemned sports fans' sexist attacks against the mostly female City Council after its vote sidetracked a proposed arena project aimed at luring the NBA back to the city.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.
- WVU Coliseum reopens 3 days after asbestos found Updated: May-02-16 5:45 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's basketball arena has reopened three days after asbestos was detected in materials that were exposed during construction activities.
- Raiders in Las Vegas? It's still several hurdles away Updated: Apr-29-16 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Raiders owner Mark Davis pledged this week to relocate his NFL team from Oakland to Las Vegas if a proposed $1.4 billion, 65,000-seat domed stadium is built. Here are some hurdles the proposal would have to clear before becoming reality.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Downtown stadium proposed as part of Detroit MLS bid Updated: Apr-27-16 9:09 pm
DETROIT - Major League Soccer is eyeing the site of a suspended jail project as a possible home for a new soccer team in Detroit, part of a massive downtown development that would be built in the same area where the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings play.