- Column: Things we're NOT thankful for in the world of sports Updated: Nov-27-15 1:07 pm
Another Thanksgiving in the books.
- Viking 'ship' will be erected outside new stadium Updated: Nov-19-15 11:30 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings expect an addition to the plaza outside the new stadium in Minneapolis will be a showstopper.
- Worcester nonprofit to discuss building PawSox stadium Updated: Nov-06-15 12:12 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts group is moving forward with plans to discuss building a ballpark to house the Pawtucket Red Sox.
- Officials break ground on renovations for Nassau Coliseum Updated: Nov-05-15 6:41 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Using a large sledgehammer, Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano and developer Bruce Ratner smashed a hole in the wall of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Thursday, officially starting the renovation of the former home of the New York Islanders.
- US Steel decides against new HQ in Penguins development Updated: Nov-05-15 4:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - United States Steel Corp. has pulled out of a deal to build its new world headquarters as part of an ongoing $440 million redevelopment of the former Civic Arena site by the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Penn State AD Barbour prefers Beaver Stadium renovation Updated: Nov-05-15 12:53 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's athletic director says she would prefer to renovate the university's aging icon, Beaver Stadium, rather than build a new one on campus.
- Atlanta, Santa Clara, New Orleans to host college title game Updated: Nov-04-15 5:31 pm
Atlanta, New Orleans and Santa Clara, California, were selected to host College Football Playoff national championship games from a group of nine cities and regions.
- Hard Rock Hotel planned near Atlanta Falcons' new stadium Updated: Nov-03-15 6:10 am
ATLANTA - The company behind Hard Rock Hotels says it's planning to open one in the downtown Atlanta area, near the Atlanta Falcons' new stadium.
- Oakland city leaders to ponder new plan for Raiders stadium Updated: Nov-02-15 7:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland city officials are taking yet another run at financing a new stadium to keep the Oakland Raiders in town.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis attends Oakland town hall meeting Updated: Oct-29-15 11:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - Raiders owner Mark Davis made a surprise appearance at an NFL-sponsored town hall meeting Thursday night and said he is still committed to keeping his team in Oakland.
- Update planned for Los Angeles Coliseum that could bring NFL Updated: Oct-29-15 9:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California announced preliminary plans Thursday for extensive renovations for the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum that could make it a stage for the 2024 Olympic Games and a temporary site for an NFL team next year.
- Consultant: Chargers stadium point man has misled city Updated: Oct-29-15 5:30 pm
SAN DIEGO - The top political consultant for Mayor Kevin Faulconer said Thursday that if the Chargers resume negotiations for a new stadium, they need to come without lawyer Mark Fabiani because he has no credibility with elected officials.