- Raiders agree to extension to remain at Oakland Coliseum Updated: Feb-11-16 8:49 pm
OAKLAND, California - Four weeks after being stymied in their effort to move to Los Angeles, the Raiders agreed to a one-year extension lease extension on Thursday to remain at the Oakland Coliseum through the 2016 season - and possibly beyond.
- Falcons early PSL sales blow projections 'out of the water' Updated: Feb-11-16 3:25 pm
ATLANTA - Personal seat license sales for the Atlanta Falcons' new stadium have surpassed expectations set by the firm handling the process for the team.
- Red Wings make plans to mark final season at Joe Louis Arena Updated: Feb-11-16 12:20 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings are making plans for the team's final season at Joe Louis Arena.
- Chargers hire businessman to lead stadium initiative effort Updated: Feb-08-16 10:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers chairman Dean Spanos hired businessman and former developer Fred Maas on Monday to head the team's citizens' initiative process to get a measure for a new stadium on the November ballot.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Chairman says Chargers to stay in San Diego in 2016 Updated: Jan-30-16 2:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos said Friday that the team will play in San Diego in 2016, and he'll work with politicians and the business community to try to resolve a long, bitter fight over a new stadium.
- Las Vegas Sands wants stadium for UNLV, possibly Raiders Updated: Jan-28-16 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - The billionaire owner of the Las Vegas Sands casino company wants to help build a professional-grade stadium at the UNLV campus and is meeting with the owner of the Oakland Raiders.
- Judge denies Vikings' injunction request in sign dispute Updated: Jan-28-16 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge has denied the Minnesota Vikings' request for a preliminary injunction that would have forced Wells Fargo to remove or cover two rooftop signs near the new stadium.
- Levi's Stadium set to show off innovations at Super Bowl Updated: Jan-28-16 5:25 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - When architects set out to design a new stadium for the San Francisco 49ers, they wanted a building that fit the Silicon Valley region where it is located.
- Panel to consider 2 temporary NFL teams in LA Coliseum Updated: Jan-28-16 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The government body that oversees Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will consider a proposal to allow two NFL teams to temporarily share the historic stadium with the USC Trojans.
- University of Arkansas moves forward with stadium renovation Updated: Jan-28-16 6:03 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas Board of Trustees has approved preliminary steps for an estimated $160 million renovation to the campus' football stadium.
- Mammoth bones unearthed on Oregon State football field Updated: Jan-27-16 4:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Construction workers have unearthed the bones of a mammoth and other ice age mammals on the Oregon State University football field.
- UConn to raise ticket prices to pay for new athletic fields Updated: Jan-27-16 9:42 am
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn is planning to charge fans more for basketball and football tickets to fund the construction of new soccer, baseball and softball stadiums.
- Blues seek St. Louis arena upgrades after departure of Rams Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues want local governments to renovate their city-owned downtown arena as part of a project that will also upgrade the city's convention center and former home of its recently departed NFL team.
- Arkansas seeks preliminary OK for $160M stadium upgrade Updated: Jan-26-16 8:37 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas' athletic department will ask the university system's board of trustees this week for preliminary approval of a $160 million renovation of Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Rams, Chargers hold first meeting on sharing LA-area stadium Updated: Jan-18-16 8:23 pm
- Public gets $16.2 million bill for Rams retention effort Updated: Jan-16-16 3:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - An effort to persuade the owner of the St. Louis Rams to keep his team in Missouri by building a new riverfront football stadium not only failed but also left the public on the hook for $16.2 million in expenses.
- Kroenke heralds Rams' return after "long road" back to LA Updated: Jan-15-16 8:34 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Stan Kroenke stepped to the microphones at the Forum with football fans chanting "We love Stan!"
- Rays receive permission to expand search for ballpark sites Updated: Jan-14-16 11:07 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The St. Petersburg City Council has voted to give major league baseball's Rays permission to search for new ballpark sites on both sides of Tampa Bay.