- Police: Drunken driver flees crash, leaves hurt teen in car Updated: May-30-16 11:28 am
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say an alleged drunken driver ran away from the scene of a two-car crash, leaving an injured 13-year-old in his vehicle.
- Child caseworker shortage a concern in Larimer County Updated: May-29-16 5:25 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Larimer County is trying to find caseworkers for the Department of Human Services who deal with child neglect and abuse amid concerns that a shortage of workers will hurt clients because of heavier workloads.
- Farmington Hills police officer faces child pornography charges Updated: May-29-16 4:46 pm
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - A police officer in suburban Detroit is accused of using computer to access child pornography.
- Police: DC man charged with sexually abusing teen at mall Updated: May-29-16 1:05 pm
WASHINGTON - A District of Columbia man has been charged with sexual abuse after police say he forced a 17-year-old male to leave a Metro station and then assaulted him in a mall bathroom.
- Teen girls charged with throwing bunny against a wall Updated: May-29-16 12:17 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Three teenage girls are facing animal cruelty charges after video appeared online of them allegedly throwing a bunny against a wall several times.
- Central Ohio man faces life for raping children Updated: May-29-16 9:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 55-year-old central Ohio man is facing a possible life prison sentence after being convicted of raping two girls as his girlfriend stood by and participated in some of the assaults.
- Corvallis man sentenced to 25 years for child sex abuse Updated: May-28-16 4:02 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A Corvallis man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping a 9-year-old girl.
- Md. teacher charged with illegal sexual contact with student Updated: May-28-16 12:30 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - Prince George's County police say a 45-year-old high school teacher has been charged with having illegal sexual contact with a student.
- Portland man, woman indicted on nearly 100 pornography charges Updated: May-28-16 11:31 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland man and woman are facing nearly 100 child pornography charges between them.
- Former principal sentenced in child molestation case Updated: May-28-16 11:01 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A former assistant high school principal in Spokane has been sentenced to 15 months in prison for child molestation.
- Man pleads no contest to sexually, physically abusing minors Updated: May-28-16 10:56 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Woonsocket man has pleaded no contest to sexually and physically assaulting multiple children.
- Marriage embraced husband's transgender transformation Updated: May-28-16 3:01 am
NICEVILLE, Florida - Carol Boughton sits on the sofa in the house she shared with her late spouse, sorting through photos and wiping away tears.
- Phoenix man indicted for soliciting underage girl online Updated: May-28-16 2:58 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man has been indicted for allegedly soliciting an underage girl over social media for sexually exploitative images.
- Ex-'Glee' star Mark Salling indicted on child-porn charges Updated: May-28-16 12:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Mark Salling, who played bad-boy Noah "Puck" Puckerman on the Fox musical dramedy "Glee," was charged Friday with receiving and possessing child pornography.
- Brazil police identify 4 of 30-plus men wanted in gang rape Updated: May-27-16 8:00 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Police said Friday that they have identified and are searching for four of the more than 30 men suspected in the gang rape of a 16-year-old girl, a case that has rocked Latin America's largest nation and highlighted its endemic problem of violence against women.
- Former wrestling coach pleads guilty to videotaping boys Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A former northern Indiana teacher and wrestling coach has pleaded guilty to charges alleging he videotaped naked boys in a locker room.
- Man facing 149 years in prison for Arizona sex trafficking Updated: May-27-16 6:43 pm
PHOENIX - A man is facing nearly 150 years in prison after being convicted in an Arizona sex trafficking case.
- 16-year-old arrested in Florida school bathroom sex incident Updated: May-27-16 5:46 pm
A Florida sheriff's office arrested a 16-year-old high school football player Friday in connection with a 15-year-old girl having sex with multiple boys in a public school bathroom.
- Couple in Alabama arrested after physically abusing child Updated: May-27-16 4:58 pm
COLUMBIANA, Alabama - A couple in central Alabama accused of child abuse and forcing him to do yardwork to the point of injury has been arrested.
- Braves outfielder Hector Olivera suspended through Aug. 1 Updated: May-27-16 4:57 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves' dismal season took another turn for the worse Thursday when outfielder Hector Olivera agreed to accept a suspension through Aug. 1 for his arrest on domestic violence charges.
- Conviction stripped in drug use case where newborn baby died Updated: May-27-16 4:17 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court is overturning the child neglect death conviction of a woman whose newborn died after she abused drugs while pregnant.
- Court: Molester father's parental rights not wrongly ended Updated: May-27-16 3:05 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The parental rights of a man serving prison time for molesting his 6-year-old daughter will not be restored as a result of a ruling on Friday by the Nebraska Supreme Court.
- Former taekwondo instructor sentenced in sexual assault case Updated: May-27-16 2:11 pm
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - A former taekwondo instructor in New Hampshire has been sentenced to a year in jail for sexually assaulting a girl.
- Court upholds sex offender civil commitment Updated: May-27-16 2:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday declined to rule on the constitutionality of a state program that keeps sex offenders in custody after they have completed their prison sentences, rejecting an appeal by a repeat sex offender seeking his release from the program.
- Police: Mom trapped with kids had set fire to frame husband Updated: May-27-16 1:32 pm
NEWARK, Ohio - A woman repeatedly set fire to her home and tried to frame her estranged husband, including for one blaze that trapped her and her children before they were rescued by police, authorities said.