- Ex-deputy who shot himself last year faces sex abuse charges Updated: Jul-04-15 5:16 pm
FALLS CITY, Nebraska - A former Richardson County sheriff's deputy who accidentally shot himself last year and then lied about it now faces child abuse charges.
- Springfield teacher charged with sexual abuse Updated: Jul-04-15 2:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a foster child in her care.
- Vermont police say driver going 100 mph had 3 kids in car Updated: Jul-04-15 9:22 am
FAIRLEE, Vt - Vermont state police say a Florida man is charged with reckless endangerment and cruelty to children after he was clocked driving 100 mph on Interstate 91 with three young children in the car.
- 13-year-old charged with raping girl on school bus Updated: Jul-03-15 4:22 pm
PORT TOWNSEND, Washington - Officials say a 13-year-old boy attacked a 7-year-old girl on a Chimacum school bus and has been charged with three counts of first-degree rape.
- Indiana Supreme Court hears case on custody, mental illness Updated: Jul-03-15 2:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court is weighing an emotionally charged case in which a man lost custody of his daughter after spurning child-welfare officials' suggestions that he leave his mentally ill wife based on their fears that she might harm the girl.
- First man sentenced from 2014 sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 2:41 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexual abuse of children.
- Former Scoutmaster gets 6 months in 1980s molestation case Updated: Jul-03-15 12:44 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A former Scoutmaster will spend six months in prison and have to register as a sex offender for decades after pleading guilty to molesting two boys in a Winston-Salem Boy Scout troop 30 years ago.
- Police say Mobridge woman's child fell from 3-story window Updated: Jul-03-15 12:41 pm
MOBRIDGE, South Dakota - A Mobridge woman whose 2-year-old child allegedly fell from a three-story window has been charged with felony child abuse.
- Waterbury priest suspended on child sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-03-15 9:31 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Waterbury priest who once ran the St. Francis Home for Children in New Haven has been suspended on accusations he sexually abused a minor at the school.
- Repeat Nebraska offender gets 5 years for child sex assaults Updated: Jul-03-15 7:28 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - A 66-year-old Beatrice man who served prison time for sexually assaulting a child more than 10 years ago has been given five years in a new case.
- Cab driver charged with endangerment after teen leaves camp Updated: Jul-03-15 4:07 am
WATERLOO, Illinois - A southern Illinois cab driver has been charged with misdemeanor child endangerment after a 13-year-old girl went missing after being dropped at an overnight church summer camp.
- Mesa woman arrested in June 5 death of her baby daughter Updated: Jul-02-15 9:55 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities have arrested a Mesa woman in connection with the death of her baby daughter last month.
- Northern California man pleads in 1986 rape-murder of teen Updated: Jul-02-15 9:52 pm
REDWOOD CITY, California - A Northern California man has pleaded no contest to raping and killing a 17-year-old girl whose body was dumped in a roadside ravine in 1986.
- Pope to visit prison where convicted monsignor is locked up Updated: Jul-02-15 8:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A prison that Pope Francis plans to visit during his U.S. trip houses a former church official jailed for his handling of priest sexual-abuse complaints.
- Ala. church worker indicted on child pornography charges Updated: Jul-02-15 5:05 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a church recreation worker has been indicted on child pornography charges.
- Boy critical after alleged beating for eating cake Updated: Jul-02-15 4:58 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hagerstown police say a 9-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was handcuffed and beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- No verdict after 2 days in former Army couple's abuse trial Updated: Jul-02-15 4:50 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A federal jury in Newark has finished a second day of deliberations without a verdict in the trial of a former Army couple charged with abusing their three foster children.
- Expert says "hit list" was written by Delaware court gunman Updated: Jul-02-15 4:45 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A supposed "hit list" and two homemade death certificates found after a shooting at a Delaware courthouse in 2013 were written by the gunman whose widow and children are being tried on federal conspiracy and cyberstalking charges, a defense handwriting expert testified Thursday.
- Las Vegas-area couple plead not guilty in child death case Updated: Jul-02-15 4:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A man and woman accused of leaving a pregnant 17-year-old girl to care for their sickly 3-year-old daughter months before the child was found dead in a Las Vegas-area home pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder and child abuse charges.
- Boy critical after alleged beating for eating cake unbidden Updated: Jul-02-15 3:40 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hagerstown police say a 9-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was handcuffed ant beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Charges dropped against Columbia man accused of raping girl Updated: Jul-02-15 12:46 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Prosecutors are dropping charges against a Columbia-area man accusing of raping a girl over a period of eight years.
- Texas man accused of homeless shelter assault in Colorado Updated: Jul-02-15 10:13 am
MYRTLE SPRINGS, Texas - A North Texas man faces extradition to Colorado on charges that he molested a child at a homeless shelter.
- French cartoonist acquitted over pope drawing Updated: Jul-02-15 9:01 am
PARIS - A French appeals court has acquitted France's best-known cartoonist of accusations of inciting hatred for a drawing representing former Pope Benedict XVI sexually abusing a child.
- Music teacher in Daly City convicted of child molestation Updated: Jul-02-15 8:43 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A substitute music teacher accused of molesting three students during private lessons has pleaded no contest to child molestation.
- Texas teen found in RI, man charged with sex trafficking Updated: Jul-02-15 7:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been charged with sex trafficking after police found a missing Texas teen in a city rooming house.