- Petting zoo employee arrested for sexually abusing children Updated: May-01-16 1:06 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Police say a man accused of abusing two children at a traveling petting zoo has been arrested in northwest Alabama.
- Youth services agency facing reform following child deaths Updated: May-01-16 11:42 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The beating death of 3-year-old Brielle Gage in late 2014 shocked New Hampshire and shone a spotlight on the state's child protective services agency - one that's only grown more intense.
- Attorney general plugs campaign to uncover child sex abusers Updated: May-01-16 10:27 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens is promoting a new statewide campaign to "unmask" those who seek children for sex.
- Dad accused of leaving baby in car with engine on for 1 hour Updated: May-01-16 12:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Police say a father left his 8-month-old daughter in an unlocked car with the engine running for about an hour while he went inside a Los Angeles gym.
- Prosecutors: man with HIV used dirty needle to tattoo girl Updated: Apr-30-16 2:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Prosecutors in Ohio have charged an HIV positive man who they say used the same needle to give himself and his stepdaughter tattoos.
- Man sentenced for luring, sexually assaulting young girl Updated: Apr-30-16 11:30 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - An Atlantic City man who lured and sexually assaulted a 7-year-old girl is now headed to state prison.
- Mother copes after her son died while she pushed his swing Updated: Apr-30-16 9:01 am
WALDORF, Maryland - Wrapped in a black coat, Romechia Simms walks through a cemetery in Southern Maryland on a cold March day, tiptoeing around headstones, making her way to the grave of her 3-year-old son.
- Abuse survivor begins new life after prison Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - The hard part about meeting Deidre Cox is reconciling the present day version of this gracious woman with the description of the person who was sentenced to prison in 2008 after escaping from a work release program.
- Little Rock dentist found not guilty of sexual assault Updated: Apr-30-16 2:54 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Little Rock dentist charged with second-degree sexual assault involving a female teenage patient has been found not guilty.
- Wichita woman convicted in death of woman struck by car Updated: Apr-30-16 1:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A woman has been found guilty in the death of another woman who was hit by an SUV in Wichita following an argument at a party.
- Wife, children accused of murder in man's malnutrition death Updated: Apr-29-16 6:58 pm
CLEVELAND - The wife and three adult children of an Ohio man who died of organ failure caused by malnutrition and bed sores have been charged with murder.
- Ex-sergeant jailed over locked computer in child-porn probe Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police sergeant has spent seven months in solitary confinement after being held in contempt for failing to unlock his computers in a child-porn investigation.
- Dismissal of charges against ex-Penn St. officials to stand Updated: Apr-29-16 4:19 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors said Friday they will not appeal a ruling that threw out some of the most serious criminal charges against three former Penn State administrators related to their handling of the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.
- Defendant in kidnapping/rape case wants related case purged Updated: Apr-29-16 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire man charged with kidnapping and raping a teenage girl over the course of nine months wants his record erased of already-dropped charges alleging that he threatened a prosecutor, saying they caused "irreparable harm" to his reputation.
- Murder charge for mom after 1 boy found beaten at motel dies Updated: Apr-29-16 2:06 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio - The mother of two boys found so badly beaten at a motel that emergency responders were left in tears was charged Friday with murder after one of them died.
- Woman charged with child endangerment in baby's death Updated: Apr-29-16 11:58 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A Great Falls woman faces a felony criminal endangerment charge in the death of her 10-month-old daughter, who prosecutors say had been exposed to methamphetamine and whose body was found in a "freezing cold" room in January.
- Uber driver denies sexually assaulting teen in Honolulu Updated: Apr-29-16 10:25 am
HONOLULU - A man who worked as an Uber driver has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl he picked up in Honolulu.
- Lawmaker accused of harassment is all alone with his M&Ms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Amid the frenzied negotiations, flaring tempers and occasional frivolity marking the end of another Tennessee legislative session, one lawmaker stayed conspicuously alone and quiet.
- New York police: Man offers boy up for sex in Central Park Updated: Apr-29-16 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Authorities in New York City are looking for a man who they say offered a boy up for sex to a passer-by in Central Park.
- Baton Rouge police search for man in child abuse case Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police say a 22-year-old Baton Rouge man is wanted for allegedly burning his 2-year-old son while taking care of the boy last week.
- Fort Mill day care employee accused of touching boys Updated: Apr-29-16 5:06 am
FORT MILL, South Carolina - A Fort Mill day care employee has been arrested after sheriff's investigators say he inappropriately touched two 8-year-old boys in his care.
- Girl testifies in Hawaii high school rape trial Updated: Apr-28-16 11:51 pm
HONOLULU - Lawyers defending Hawaii's public school system in a lawsuit alleging a special education student raped his female classmate called the girl to testify in the trial Thursday, but didn't ask her any questions about the 2013 incident.
- Nampa man sent to prison for sexually abusing 6 children Updated: Apr-28-16 11:41 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - A Nampa man convicted of sexually abusing children in his home for several years has been sentenced to serve 15 years to life in prison.
- Las Cruces couple is accused of 15 counts of child abuse Updated: Apr-28-16 6:55 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a Las Cruces couple has been arrested and accused of 15 counts of child abuse.
- Next for Hastert: prison, polygraph, sex-offender treatment Updated: Apr-28-16 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Now that a judge branded him "a serial child molester," Dennis Hastert must prepare to serve his 15-month prison sentence. Once he's out, the former House speaker must participate in a sex-offender program that could include lie-detector and other tests to determine how many children he's molested in his lifetime.