- Jailed church official wins latest child-endangerment appeal Updated: Feb-10-16 3:27 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Roman Catholic church official could again seek bail after a Pennsylvania appeals court refused to review a ruling that throws out his child-endangerment conviction.
- Omaha woman sentenced after posting photo of assaulted girl Updated: Feb-10-16 3:09 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 19-year-old Omaha woman has been sentenced to probation for posting a photo of a naked girl who had been assaulted by her brother and his friend.
- Wrangell doctor sentenced in child pornography case Updated: Feb-10-16 2:33 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Wrangell doctor convicted of receiving and distributing child pornography has been sentenced to 20 years in prison and a lifetime of supervised release.
- Texas convicted child molester gets 892 years in prison Updated: Feb-10-16 12:45 pm
SEGUIN, Texas - A South Texas man convicted on more than a dozen child sexual abuse charges has been sentenced to 892 years in state prison.
- Judge rules against Chicago archdiocese in sex abuse case Updated: Feb-10-16 12:20 pm
CHICAGO - A judge has breathed new life into a priest sexual abuse case that has dogged the Archdiocese of Chicago for a decade.
- Wrongfully convicted Minnesota man to get $475K settlement Updated: Feb-10-16 12:02 pm
CALEDONIA, Minnesota - A southeastern Minnesota man who was wrongfully convicted of child sex abuse will be compensated $475,000 under a new state law.
- Youth baseball coach convicted of groping 2 boys in Lincoln Updated: Feb-10-16 8:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 34-year-old youth baseball coach has been convicted of sexually assaulting two boys in Lincoln.
- Springfield man gets 10 years on child pornography conviction Updated: Feb-10-16 7:14 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison on child pornography charges.
- Louisville coach pleads not guilty on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-10-16 7:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Louisville softball coach accused of distributing images of children engaged in sexual activities has pleaded not guilty.
- Maine man sentenced for child pornography possession Updated: Feb-10-16 6:44 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to less than a month in prison after he admitted to possessing sexually explicit materials of minors under 16.
- Ex-teacher's aide pleads not guilty to assaulting teen boys Updated: Feb-10-16 4:42 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former Connecticut teacher's aide accused of having a sexual relationship with two teenage boys has pleaded not guilty to sexual assault charges.
- Teen gets 15 years in toddler stepbrother's fire death Updated: Feb-09-16 8:15 pm
YORK, South Carolina - A South Carolina teen has been ordered to spend 15 years in prison for setting a fire that killed his 14-month-old stepbrother.
- Feb. 29 sentencing for Tucson couple in home imprisonment Updated: Feb-09-16 7:45 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The sentencing of a Tucson couple convicted of holding their three daughters captive has been pushed back.
- Police arrest man at Minot AFB on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-09-16 6:41 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A 21-year-old Minot man accused of possessing child pornography has been arrested.
- Southern Indiana man charged with 20 counts of incest Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 pm
CORYDON, Indiana - Indiana State Police say they've arrested a southern Indiana man on more than 40 counts alleging crimes including having sex with and an underage family member.
- Dad charged in young son's death pleads not guilty to murder Updated: Feb-09-16 3:53 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The father of a 3-year-old boy found dead in a New Jersey park last year has pleaded not guilty to murder and child endangerment charges.
- Appeals court vacates Nebraska man's child abuse conviction Updated: Feb-09-16 3:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Court of Appeals on Tuesday reversed a Scottsbluff man's child abuse conviction and vacated his prison sentence, adding that he cannot be tried again on the charge.
- Man, 17, gets 15 years in toddler stepbrother's fire death Updated: Feb-09-16 2:18 pm
YORK, South Carolina - A teen has been ordered to spend 15 years in prison for setting a fire that killed his 14-month-old stepbrother.
- Man sentenced to prison for death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-09-16 12:34 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to child abuse in the 2013 death of his 1-year-old son he'd left in a hot car faces more than 20 years in prison.
- Training sessions aim to combat child sexual abuse in Ky. Updated: Feb-09-16 12:10 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's attorney general and first lady are teaming up to promote a series of statewide training sessions aimed at combating child sexual abuse.
- Man accused of trying to kill wife by leaving her in car Updated: Feb-09-16 11:59 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - A Glenwood Springs man has been accused of trying to kill his wife by keeping her in a running car in their closed garage.
- Panel OKs bill to allow DCS to ignore some neglect reports Updated: Feb-09-16 11:17 am
PHOENIX - A House panel has approved a bill that would allow the Department of Child Safety to disregard some reports of child neglect.
- Kentucky Co. Day School coach arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-09-16 10:27 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The head varsity softball coach at Kentucky County Day School has been arrested after police say he distributed child pornography.
- Corpus Christi mother pleads guilty over death of son, 6 Updated: Feb-09-16 9:55 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A South Texas woman has been sentenced to 35 years in prison over the fatal beating of her 6-year-old son allegedly by her boyfriend.
- School bus driver in Galveston gets nearly 42 years for porn Updated: Feb-09-16 8:10 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A Southeast Texas school bus driver who went by "Mr. Happy" on an adult website must serve nearly 42 years in prison in a child pornography case.