- GOP conservatives scuttle spending bill over gay rights Updated: May-26-16 3:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Angry House conservatives voted down a routine spending bill Thursday in a fight over gay rights, underscoring the passions surrounding a social issue that is dividing the Republican Party and the nation in this election year.
- Brannon, US Reps. Holding and Ellmers debate for GOP primary Updated: May-19-16 8:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two U.S. House members with their political futures on the line debated Thursday one of the core issues in their upcoming Republican primary - who deserves to be called a true conservative.
- Facebook's CEO meets with conservatives on reported bias Updated: May-18-16 9:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday held a wide-ranging discussion with a group of conservative commentators who said afterward the Facebook CEO acknowledged the giant social network has a problem reaching conservatives.
- Infrastructure looms as defining issue in legislative races Updated: May-16-16 6:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - At the end of the last legislative session, Montana Rep. Scott Staffanson pleaded for the House to reconsider a contentious infrastructure bill that failed by a single vote.
- Register for draft: It's what a man's got to do, and women? Updated: May-13-16 12:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is on the verge of ordering young women to register for a military draft for the first time in history, touching off outrage among social conservatives who fear the move is another step toward blurring gender lines.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg seeks meeting with conservatives Updated: May-13-16 10:51 am
NEW YORK - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he wants to invite "leading conservatives and people from across the political spectrum" to discuss recent reports that its "Trending Topics" feature is biased against conservatives.