- Architecture students study Martian landscapes Updated: Nov-26-15 12:09 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - In their first semester of graduate school, five first-year landscape architecture graduate students are working with a landscape where no human has been - Mars.
- Newest Pluto pics show day in life of dwarf planet Updated: Nov-20-15 3:20 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA's newest Pluto pictures depict an entire day on the dwarf planet.
- Hopkins telescope to examine origins of the universe Updated: Nov-07-15 9:01 am
BALTIMORE - A journey to the beginning of the universe lurched forward Monday with a trek over just a few hundred feet.
- Copycat logos in Myanmar's election: fair or foul? Updated: Nov-07-15 1:43 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Voters in Myanmar's landmark election will be stumbling into a virtual aviary Sunday when they see their ballot papers. And the confusion is ruffling political feathers.
- NASA: Sun stripping away Martian atmosphere, left dry planet Updated: Nov-05-15 9:30 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA's Mars-orbiting Maven spacecraft has discovered that the sun likely robbed the red planet of its once-thick atmosphere and water.
- Solar storm knocks out flight control systems in Sweden Updated: Nov-04-15 1:36 pm
STOCKHOLM - Aviation officials say a solar storm knocked out the air traffic control systems in Sweden on Wednesday, prompting them to close the country's airspace for more than an hour.
- Saturn's geyser-spouting moon glows in close-up pictures Updated: Oct-30-15 12:52 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Saturn's geyser-spouting moon Enceladus has a new portfolio, thanks to the Cassini spacecraft.
- Report: NASA needs better handle on health hazards for Mars Updated: Oct-29-15 3:34 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA needs to get cracking if it wants to keep its astronauts alive and well on missions to Mars, according to an in-house report issued Thursday.
- Oxygen found in comet challenges solar-system theories Updated: Oct-28-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - Scientists say they have detected significant amounts of molecular oxygen coming out of a comet, an unexpected find that may have implications for the search for alien life and understanding how the solar system formed.