- Great Pacific Seafoods closes Kenai plant, manager says Updated: May-28-16 12:30 pm
KENAI, Alaska - A former plant manager says the seafood processor Great Pacific Seafoods has shut down its Alaska operations.
- 2 more Whirlpool plants in Ohio installing wind turbines Updated: May-28-16 9:38 am
OTTAWA, Ohio - Whirlpool Corp. says it's installing wind turbines to help power two more of its factories in Ohio.
- State approves air permits for Marathon's Detroit refinery Updated: May-27-16 12:30 pm
DETROIT - The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality has approved two new air permits for Marathon's refinery in southwest Detroit.
- Montana officials consider increasing Stillwater mine bond Updated: May-27-16 11:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana officials have proposed increasing the bond for Stillwater Mining Co.'s Nye mine to offset rising cleanup costs.
- Coast Guard opening Lake Michigan seasonal air facilities Updated: May-27-16 6:27 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard is opening seasonal air facilities in Michigan and Illinois to boost Lake Michigan search and rescue operations during the spring and summer months.
- $208M in business tax break applications stalled by governor Updated: May-26-16 8:38 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An estimated $208 million in property tax breaks for businesses was stalled Thursday at the request of Gov. John Bel Edwards.
- Nebraska pig supplier promises to investigate alleged abuses Updated: May-26-16 6:21 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A national pork supplier promised Thursday to investigate abuse allegations at one of its Nebraska facilities after an animal rights group released an undercover video showing pigs with open wounds and other health problems.
- Maquoketa hospital officials consider building new facility Updated: May-26-16 1:43 pm
MAQUOKETA, Iowa - An aging and oversized hospital in Maquoketa will likely be replaced with a new hospital.
- Work beginning on one of Minnesota's largest solar projects Updated: May-26-16 11:26 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Work starts this week on one of Minnesota's largest solar projects.
- The Latest: Le Havre citizens not worried about lack of fuel Updated: May-25-16 4:30 pm
PARIS - The Latest on France's strikes and protests against the government's labor reforms (all times local):
- County officials ask Springfield for $3M for jail facility Updated: May-25-16 4:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Greene County officials say they'll be able to receive Springfield municipal inmates at the county jail once again if the city contributes $3 million to build and lease a temporary facility.
- NY board OKs $485M for Buffalo solar plant amid questions Updated: May-25-16 4:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - A state oversight board controlled by the Legislature and Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has authorized spending $485 million to complete a solar panel production plant, the centerpiece of Cuomo's "Buffalo Billion" economic development program.
- Montana power plant needs new operator by May 2018 Updated: May-25-16 3:51 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Owners of a coal-fired power plant in Montana say the company that keeps it running wants out within two years.
- The Latest: NY board OKs solar plant $485M amid questions Updated: May-25-16 2:25 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on a New York oversight board's consideration of $485 million to complete a solar panel plant in Buffalo. (all times local):
- Google self-driving car project opening Michigan tech center Updated: May-25-16 12:47 pm
DETROIT - Google's self-driving car project is heading to the Motor City.
- Bayhealth breaks ground on 165-acre Milford campus Updated: May-25-16 12:35 pm
MILFORD, Delaware - The construction of Bayhealth's new, $300 million health campus in Milford has officially begun.
- Toyota to expand in Malaysia with $488 million plant Updated: May-25-16 3:23 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corp. said Wednesday that it will build a second factory in Malaysia as part of expansion to meet rising local demand.
- Ohio military tank plant to get $40 million for upgrades Updated: May-25-16 12:38 am
LIMA, Ohio - A military tank plant in northwestern Ohio is getting $40 million for upgrades at the facility.
- Madison paper mill has ceased production Updated: May-25-16 12:22 am
MADISON, Maine - The Madison Paper Industries mill has ceased production.
- Vallejo unveils plans for electric car plant at ex-shipyard Updated: May-24-16 10:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The city of Vallejo, which emerged from bankruptcy five years ago, is poised to get a big economic boost as plans to build a major plant for electric cars are rolling forward, officials said Tuesday.
- Sartorius to expand pharmaceutical plant in Puerto Rico Updated: May-24-16 5:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's governor says pharmaceutical supplier Sartorius is investing $50 million to expand its plant in the U.S. territory and convert it to its main logistical hub for the Americas.
- TreeHouse Foods to close 2 plants it bought from ConAgra Updated: May-24-16 5:48 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - TreeHouse Foods plans to close two of the manufacturing plants it acquired earlier this year when it bought ConAgra Foods' private label business.
- Cargill plans to keep several operations in Wichita Updated: May-24-16 4:28 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Agribusiness giant Cargill said Tuesday it will keep its protein operations in Wichita, Kansas, and search for a new facility to house them.
- Auto parts supplier plans $95 million new plant in Detroit Updated: May-24-16 11:59 am
DETROIT - Auto parts supplier Flex-N-Gate plans to invest $95 million in a new Detroit plant that's expected to create at least 650 jobs.
- Hecla Mining to acquire Mines Management Updated: May-24-16 11:54 am
HELENA, Montana - Hecla Mining Co. has reached a nearly $30 million deal to acquire Mines Management Inc., the owner of the Montanore Mine in northwestern Montana, company officials announced Tuesday.