- Assaults on staff at psychiatric hospital costing millions Updated: Nov-27-15 1:19 pm
LAKEWOOD, Washington - A psychiatric patient "head-butted" a nurse so hard she fell back and slammed her head on a door, causing injures that kept her home for three months. An agitated patient knocked a nurse onto the cement floor and forced him out of work for seven months. A nurse who tried to stop a patient attack was injured so seriously that her recovery took more than two years.
- OSHA investigates death at Carthage building site Updated: Nov-26-15 5:30 pm
CARTHAGE, Missouri - Federal officials are investigating the death of a Texas construction worker in southwest Missouri.
- OSHA to investigate Utah industrial worker's death Updated: Nov-25-15 11:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City police say federal officials will take over the investigation of a death at an industrial yard.
- Wyoming officials concerned about new safety laws Updated: Nov-21-15 5:20 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A new provision in the recently passed federal budget that provides for stiffer penalties on companies that break safety laws is causing concern among industry representatives and state officials who don't know how to enforce it.
- Vermont moving social workers from where colleague killed Updated: Nov-06-15 4:54 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - About 30 social workers will be moved out of the Barre office where a colleague was shot to death last summer to a nearby courthouse with better security, a top Vermont official said Friday.
- Court-ordered psychiatric hospital expansion nixed Updated: Nov-03-15 8:51 pm
SEATTLE - The head of the Washington state health services agency said Tuesday concerns about safety at Western State Hospital, the state's largest psychiatric facility, have led him to end all expansion until they can hire more staff.
- Nevada investigates whether cryotherapy is safe for public Updated: Nov-02-15 6:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada is looking into whether cryotherapy is safe for the general public after the death of a Las Vegas spa worker found inside a phone booth-sized chamber chilled with liquid nitrogen, regulators said Monday.
- ND roofing contractor cited following workers safety probe Updated: Nov-02-15 3:05 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Federal labor officials say a North Dakota roofing contractor has been cited as a result of a workers safety investigation.