- Iran seeks revival of caviar industry in post-sanctions era Updated: Nov-24-15 12:43 pm
GOLDASHT, Iran - On the shores of the Caspian Sea, an ambitious project is underway to produce a pricey delicacy that could boost Iran's economy as sanctions ease: caviar.
- Excerpts from recent editorials by newspapers in Illinois Updated: Nov-24-15 10:33 am
November 23, 2015
- Plastic products maker investing $115M in Knox Co. facility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A leader in blow-molded plastic products will locate its new manufacturing and distribution operations in Knox County, a move expected to create 500 jobs.
- Wisconsin's embattled jobs agency hires 6th CFO in 4 years Updated: Nov-23-15 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's embattled economic development agency has hired its sixth chief financial officer in just over four years.
- United Auto Workers stung by tough contract talks Updated: Nov-23-15 1:04 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - The United Auto Workers union started the year with a roar. It's ending with a grumble.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:01 am
Omaha World-Herald. Nov. 20, 2015
- Wisconsin-built combat ship commissioned in Milwaukee Updated: Nov-21-15 8:22 pm
MILWAUKEE - The USS Milwaukee littoral combat ship, a warship built in Wisconsin, was commissioned Saturday and is now ready to report for duty in the South China Sea.
- Danish company to expand with new plant in Marshall County Updated: Nov-21-15 2:24 pm
BYHALIA, Mississippi - The Rockfon unit of Danish firm Rockwool International AS will build a $42 million factory in Marshall County to make acoustic ceiling tiles.
- New facility opens, to build hulls for new nuclear subs Updated: Nov-21-15 1:05 pm
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island facility is about to begin building new nuclear ballistic missile submarines.
- Unemployment rates fall in two-thirds of US states Updated: Nov-20-15 11:53 am
WASHINGTON - Unemployment rates fell in 32 U.S. states last month as employers nationwide added the most jobs of any month this year.
- Florida jobless rate continues to dip slightly Updated: Nov-20-15 10:35 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's unemployment rate is still continuing to dip slightly.
- National Office Furniture expanding Danville operation Updated: Nov-20-15 4:03 am
DANVILLE, Kentucky - National Office Furniture Inc. is expanding its Danville facility, creating 40 jobs and investing $530,000.
- $2.4 million in community grants awarded Updated: Nov-20-15 4:01 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - More than $2.4 million in community develop grants are going to nine projects around Vermont - ranging from the construction of affordable housing to enlarging culverts.
- Massachusetts' jobless rate holds steady, 11K jobs added Updated: Nov-19-15 3:19 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts unemployment rate held steady at 4.6 percent in October, but preliminary numbers show the state added about 11,000 new jobs last month.
- Lake Erie Biofuels buys Alabama biodiesel refinery Updated: Nov-19-15 10:03 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania biodiesel producer is expanding into Alabama.
- 51 farm workers files lawsuit over illegal recruitment fees Updated: Nov-19-15 8:20 am
TAMPA, Florida - Dozens of Hondurans hired to pick strawberries in the Tampa Bay-area say they were forced to pay illegal recruitment fees.
- Company opening call center in Columbia Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 am
COLUMBIA, Tennessee - A Tennessee company plans to open a call center in Columbia, creating 137 new jobs with a $3.6 million investment.
- Company that makes generator enclosures creating 50 jobs Updated: Nov-18-15 2:45 pm
ABBEVILLE, South Carolina - A Florida company that makes enclosures for generators that are designed to withstand hurricanes is expanding in South Carolina, investing $2.3 million and creating almost 50 jobs.
- Auto parts supplier breaks ground on factory in Anderson Updated: Nov-18-15 11:58 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - An auto parts supplier has broken ground on a new manufacturing plant in Anderson that would create as many as 510 jobs.
- Hospitality company holding job fair for Baltimore-area jobs Updated: Nov-10-15 10:01 am
BALTIMORE - Hospitality company HMSHost is planning to hire more than 80 people for full- and part-time restaurant jobs at Hanover's Arundel Mills mall and at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport during a job fair.
- Lawsuit: Women told trash collecting job for 'males only' Updated: Nov-10-15 6:00 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed a lawsuit, saying an employment agency discriminated against at least 34 women.
- China says 2-child policy to add 30 million workers by 2050 Updated: Nov-10-15 5:49 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities expect that easing the country's one-child policy will add more than 30 million people to the country's labor force by 2050, a senior official said Tuesday.
- Company expanding Lawrenceburg operation, adding 61 jobs Updated: Nov-10-15 4:00 am
LAWRENCEBURG, Kentucky - Several dozen jobs are being added in Lawrenceburg where a porcelain tile manufacturer is expanding its operation.
- Keystone off the table, but back East, pipeline fight builds Updated: Nov-09-15 2:50 pm
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - Carolyn and Ian Reilly and their four children left Florida's sprawl in 2010 to farm 58 acres in rural Virginia, raising beef cattle, chicken and hogs. Then a year ago, they learned a natural gas pipeline would slice through part of their farm and their lives took another dramatic turn.
- Firm that builds custom horse trailers adding 50 Iowa jobs Updated: Nov-08-15 2:32 pm
CRESCO, Iowa - Workers at the Featherlite Trailers plant in northeast Iowa will soon begin customizing their horse trailers to add living quarters, and as a result, 50 jobs will be added.