- S. Korea to shut down joint industrial park with N. Korea Updated: Feb-10-16 6:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Wednesday that it will shut down a joint industrial park with North Korea in response to the North's recent rocket launch, accusing the North of using hard currency from the park to develop its nuclear and missile programs.
- Key developments following North Korea's rocket launch Updated: Feb-10-16 5:06 am
North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket has drawn sharp condemnations and threats of new sanctions. World leaders say Sunday's launch violated a U.N. ban on Pyongyang's use of ballistic missile technology. North Korea says the launch of a new Earth observation satellite, the Kwangmyongsong 4, or Shining Star 4, is part of a peaceful space program.
- Arizona grants permit to company generating power from wood Updated: Feb-10-16 5:01 am
EAGAR, Arizona - A company that plans to generate electricity from wood has received a key permit from the state.
- Gov. Bullock takes aim at filling health care jobs Updated: Feb-09-16 6:51 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, hoping to promote his record on producing high-wage jobs, convened a round-table discussion at Montana Tech on Tuesday to address the state's growing need for more health care workers.
- Electrolux gives up tax breaks to expand North American HQ Updated: Feb-09-16 4:10 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Appliance-maker Electrolux is backtracking from plans announced two years ago to expand its North American headquarters in Charlotte and add more than 800 jobs.
- Guest-worker program helps Louisiana seafood facilities Updated: Feb-08-16 12:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Congress' decision to quadruple the size of a guest-worker program might be described as a gift to Louisiana's seafood processing industry, which struggles to fill the seasonal jobs each year.
- Company commits to creating 100 new jobs at Ada location Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - A Florida-based technical support business says it's committed to creating 100 new jobs and preserving more than 150 positions held by employees at the company's Ada location.
- House committee set to take up retirement system changes Updated: Feb-06-16 2:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A legislative committee is set to take up a measure to create a new retirement plan for future public employees that includes a two-year increase in the normal retirement age to 67 for many new workers.
- Automotive supplier creating jobs in southern Kentucky Updated: Feb-05-16 4:45 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky officials say an automotive supplier plans to create several dozen jobs with new operations in Simpson County.
- Birmingham mayor issues 'ban the box' order for city jobs Updated: Feb-04-16 7:25 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham Mayor William Bell has issued an executive order to protect applicants for city jobs from automatic disqualification over their criminal records.
- Correction: Las Vegas-Pay To Park story Updated: Feb-04-16 2:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - In a story Feb. 2 about MGM Resorts International outsourcing its Las Vegas Strip parking operations to a Chicago-based firm, The Associated Press erroneously reported the title of MGM Resorts executive Corey Sanders. He is chief operating officer, not chief financial officer. Also, one reference to the casino company used its former name, MGM Mirage. It is MGM Resorts International. A corrected version of the story is below:
- The Latest: Mississippi approves industrial incentives Updated: Feb-04-16 2:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Mississippi's efforts to recruit a tire plant to western Hinds County and a shipyard to Gulfport (all times local):
- Tesla gigafactory job creation slower than first projected Updated: Feb-04-16 12:53 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Electric carmaker Tesla's northern Nevada battery plant is creating jobs more slowly than first projected, although state officials say it's still making satisfactory progress.
- 125-room hotel planned for near Las Vegas Motor Speedway Updated: Feb-04-16 12:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas company is planning a 125-room hotel by the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- $4.2B in industrial investment recruited in SC in 2015 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - More than $4.2 billion in business investment was recruited in South Carolina during 2015 - investment expected to create more than 17,000 jobs.
- Home Depot to hire more than 80,000 workers for busy spring Updated: Feb-03-16 9:50 am
NEW YORK - Home Depot is on a hiring spree.
- MGM Resorts outsourcing Strip parking to Chicago-based firm Updated: Feb-03-16 9:12 am
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Strip casino company that announced last month it'll begin charging for parking said Tuesday it's handing the keys to the program to a Chicago-based firm.
- Lowe's makes another run for Canada's Rona in $2.3B deal Updated: Feb-03-16 7:46 am
NEW YORK - Lowe's is expanding its footprint in Canada with a $2.3 billion acquisition of the home improvement retailer Rona.
- Donors face record request of $9 billion to aid Syrians Updated: Feb-03-16 7:05 am
AMMAN, Jordan - International aid to the victims of Syria's five-year war, including millions forced to flee their homes, has persistently fallen short, but organizers of Thursday's annual Syria pledging conference hope for greater generosity this time around, despite a record request of close to $9 billion for 2016.
- MPI Research plans $5 million headquarters upgrade, new jobs Updated: Feb-03-16 6:35 am
MATTAWAN, Michigan - A company that conducts preclinical medical studies plans to spend $5 million to upgrade facilities at its headquarters in southwestern Michigan.
- Generals say women should have to register for draft Updated: Feb-02-16 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The top Army and Marine Corps generals told senators Tuesday that it will take up to three years to fully integrate women into all combat jobs, adding that women also should have to register for the draft.
- 37 public directors receiving combined raises of $215K Updated: Feb-02-16 5:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The leaders of 37 public agencies and colleges in South Carolina are getting combined raises of $215,000.
- Most workers retained in Michoud, Stennis Updated: Feb-02-16 7:46 am
NEW ORLEANS - A new vendor handling work for NASA at its Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans East and its John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi has retained nearly all of the workers whose jobs were thrown into flux ahead of the contract changeover.
- Indiana RV manufacturer to expand, create 65 jobs Updated: Feb-02-16 4:02 am
SHIPSHEWANA, Indiana - Indiana economic development officials say a recreational vehicle manufacturer is spending $5.68 million to expand its operation in Shipshewana.
- Full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget address Updated: Feb-01-16 7:21 pm
The full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual State of the State address as prepared for delivery to lawmakers on Monday: