- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
COFFEYVILLE, Kansas - Football fans still pack Veterans Memorial Stadium here on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the fall. The Verdigris River still flows sluggishly by.
- Alcoa notifies state of layoffs in Ferndale, Wenatchee Updated: Nov-21-15 11:31 am
FERNDALE, Washington - Alcoa has given the state notice that it plans to lay off workers at two aluminum smelters in Ferndale and Wenatchee.
- Tulsa aviation company's new strategy leads to 150 job cuts Updated: Nov-19-15 11:26 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa-based aviation company has announced that it will focus on its engine service business and place its VIP business unit in a dormant mode, leading to 150 jobs cuts.
- Applications for US jobless aid fall to low level of 271,000 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:21 am
WASHINGTON - The Labor Department reported Thursday that fewer Americans sought unemployment aid last week, fresh evidence that companies are confident enough in the economy to hold onto their workers.
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI to lay off 80 employees Updated: Nov-19-15 6:13 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island has announced that it plans to lay off 80 employees.
- Company warns of lengthy layoff at Bovey taconite plant Updated: Nov-18-15 8:08 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - More worrisome taconite production news came to Minnesota's Iron Range on Wednesday, with another company warning of mass layoffs in a region already ailing from the downturn of the domestic steel industry.
- Esco Corp. to close Portland factory, cut 247 jobs Updated: Nov-18-15 12:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Esco Corp. is closing its main production plant in Portland, cutting 247 jobs.
- Disney's Planet Hollywood to lay off 468 workers next year Updated: Nov-09-15 12:57 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs is making plans to lay off more than 450 workers.
- CVS Health lays off 150 people, including 70 in Woonsocket Updated: Nov-06-15 1:48 pm
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - Drugstore chain and pharmacy benefits manager CVS Health is laying off 150 people, a spokesman said Friday.
- West Virginia machinery company to lay off 77 employees Updated: Nov-06-15 8:08 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Walker Machinery Company has announced that 77 of its employees will be laid off.
- Lord Corp. cutting 92 jobs at 3 NW Pennsylvania facilities Updated: Nov-05-15 9:55 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Lord Corp. is cutting 92 jobs at three northwestern Pennsylvania plants as part of a restructuring plan that will trim 270 jobs worldwide.
- Kraft Heinz to close 7 plants in US, Canada, cut 2,600 jobs Updated: Nov-04-15 6:53 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Kraft Heinz will close seven plants in the U.S. and Canada as part of a downsizing that will eliminate 2,600 jobs, or roughly 14 percent of its North American factory workforce, the newly merged food company announced Wednesday.
- Global commodities glut hits home in New York, Washington Updated: Nov-04-15 10:17 am
Evidence that economic trouble overseas is having an adverse effect at home surfaced again this week with an announcement that Alcoa would scale back operations in two states.
- National Geographic to lay off 9 percent of staff Updated: Nov-03-15 9:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Geographic Society says it will lay off about 9 percent of its staff of 2,000 as a deal to sell the magazine and other media properties to 21st Century Fox nears completion.
- Damage from flooding causes 17 layoffs at Cypress Gardens Updated: Nov-03-15 7:50 am
MONCKS CORNER, South Carolina - The impact of last month's historic rains in South Carolina is still being felt as 17 workers at Cypress Gardens in Berkeley County are out of work.
- Standard Chartered to cut 15,000 jobs worldwide Updated: Nov-03-15 6:34 am
LONDON - Banking group Standard Chartered is slashing 15,000 jobs worldwide and plans to raise $5.1 billion from shareholders through a rights issue as part of a major restructuring to shore up its financial position.
- Caterpillar laying off 80 workers at NC plant Updated: Nov-02-15 12:35 pm
FRANKLIN, North Carolina - Caterpillar plans to close its plant in Franklin after the first of the year, putting 80 people out of work.
- US factories grow at slowest pace in 2½ years; hiring falls Updated: Nov-02-15 11:08 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory activity grew last month at its slowest pace since May 2013 as manufacturers pared their stockpiles and cut jobs.
- Chevron cutting up to 7,000 jobs as oil profits shrink Updated: Oct-30-15 2:48 pm
DALLAS - Chevron is cutting up to 7,000 jobs, or 11 percent of its workforce, the latest indication of the toll that low oil prices are taking on the industry.
- Manufacturer to lay off 75 workers at Muskogee facility Updated: Oct-30-15 10:58 am
MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - A company that produces equipment for the oil and gas industry says it will lay off about 75 people at its facility in Muskogee.
- Chevron cutting up to 7,000 jobs; profit falls to $2 billion Updated: Oct-30-15 10:26 am
SAN RAMON, California - Chevron Corp. is cutting up to 7,000 jobs, or 11 percent of its workforce, as it deals with lower oil prices that are cutting deeply into profit.
- Rider University cutting 20 jobs, 13 majors over deficit Updated: Oct-30-15 9:28 am
LAWRENCE, New Jersey - A private liberal arts college is cutting 20 jobs and eliminating more than a dozen academic majors to help close a budget gap.
- Huntingburg-based coal mining company to cut 138 jobs Updated: Oct-29-15 2:46 pm
HUNTINGBURG, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana-based mining company says it will eliminate as many as 138 jobs as it reduces its workforce at all of its facilities.
- Bank of America cutting about 100 jobs in Charlotte Updated: Oct-29-15 9:30 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Bank of America is cutting about 100 jobs in Charlotte.
- Deutsche Bank to shed 35,000 jobs after $6.6 billion loss Updated: Oct-29-15 8:08 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Deutsche Bank says it is shedding 35,000 jobs through redundancies and the sale of businesses as new CEO John Cryan seeks to make Germany's biggest lender more manageable and profitable.