- Pasco frozen food company lays off 61 in wake of recall Updated: May-28-16 3:30 pm
PASCO, Washington - A Pasco frozen food company has laid off 61 more workers amid an ongoing shutdown in connection to listeria contamination in some of its products.
- GE Transportation plans to transfer up to 190 Erie jobs Updated: May-27-16 7:18 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - GE Transportation says the company plans to transfer up to 190 jobs from northwestern Pennsylvania to other locations.
- Air France workers on trial for assaulting executives Updated: May-27-16 7:03 am
BOBIGNY, France - A French judge postponed a trial Friday against Air France workers accused of tearing the shirts off airline executives in a violent protest, apparently fearing it could enflame tensions amid nationwide strikes over France's labor system.
- University of Kentucky to lay off up to 75 people Updated: May-26-16 5:36 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The University of Kentucky says it will lay off up to 75 people as part of a reorganization plan to cut $6 million in spending.
- Strapped Muncie Schools plans to cut 37 teaching jobs Updated: May-26-16 12:51 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - The financially troubled Muncie Community Schools is planning to eliminate 37 teaching positions, including some through layoffs, because of falling enrollment.
- Shipbuilding company recalling hundreds of employees Updated: May-26-16 9:03 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A Newport News shipbuilding company is bringing back hundreds of workers it laid off.
- Applications for US unemployment benefits fell last week Updated: May-26-16 8:39 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer people sought unemployment aid last week for the second week in a row, the latest evidence that hiring is likely solid.
- 13 more state employees receive layoff notices Updated: May-25-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Thirteen more Connecticut state employees in the executive branch have received layoff notices since last week.
- Microsoft cuts more jobs in troubled mobile unit Updated: May-25-16 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - Microsoft said Wednesday it will cut up to 1,850 jobs and take a $950 million hit to its books as it attempts to salvage its rocky entrance into the smartphone market.
- Shell to cut at least another 2,200 jobs globally Updated: May-25-16 6:08 am
LONDON - Anglo-Dutch oil company Royal Dutch Shell says it will trim at least 2,200 jobs globally amid challenging times in the oil industry.
- TreeHouse Foods to close 2 plants it bought from ConAgra Updated: May-24-16 5:48 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - TreeHouse Foods plans to close two of the manufacturing plants it acquired earlier this year when it bought ConAgra Foods' private label business.
- The Latest: Gov: 'Modest' tax measures would have big impact Updated: May-23-16 9:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on the Alaska Legislature's special session (all times local):
- Diversified Machine plant to cut 500 jobs in Bristol Updated: May-20-16 2:54 pm
BRISTOL, Indiana - A Michigan-based auto parts company plans to cut about 500 jobs at its northern Indiana manufacturing plant.
- Morgan City business says layoffs on horizon Updated: May-19-16 5:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - About 80 workers face layoffs in July at the Danos and Curole Marine Contractors' fabrication division facility in Morgan City.
- Argentine lawmakers OK bill to stop layoffs; Macri to veto Updated: May-19-16 5:22 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The House of Deputies gave final congressional approval on Thursday to a bill that would ban layoffs in the public and private sectors. The president has said he would veto it because it might scare off badly needed investment.
- KCTCS cuts more than 500 jobs to close budget gap Updated: May-19-16 9:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Community and Technical College System has eliminated more than 500 positions and suspended some college programs, all in an effort to close a $26 million gap in its budget.
- Connecticut judicial branch identifies laid-off employees Updated: May-17-16 4:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut judicial branch is revealing details about which types of employees are receiving layoff notices.
- Bristol Compressors to lay off about 120 employees Updated: May-17-16 11:59 am
BRISTOL, Virginia - Bristol Compressors says it plans to lay off about 120 employees as part of a restructuring plan.
- Menasha paper converting plant to close Updated: May-17-16 2:26 am
MENASHA, Wisconsin - A paper converting plant in Menasha will close by the end of this year, with about 230 employees getting laid off.
- Railroad car manufacturer lays off 60 in Wilmington Updated: May-14-16 1:52 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A company that makes railroad cars in Wilmington is laying off about 60 workers as it switches over from making hopper cars that carry sand to making freight cars.
- Recent Intrepid Potash mine layoffs hurt Carlsbad economy Updated: May-13-16 1:53 pm
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - The recent layoffs at a potash mining facility in southeastern New Mexico are expected to slow the economy in surrounding areas.
- UW trustees reduce internal spending Updated: May-13-16 1:15 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Facing budget cuts that will likely mean cutting jobs, University of Wyoming trustees approved reductions in their own expenses although some trustees said they could do more.
- Illinois rape crisis center to end all services but hotline Updated: May-13-16 11:24 am
URBANA, Illinois - An Illinois rape crisis center is suspending nearly all of its services and will lay off five employees after operating for nearly a year without state money.
- Wyoming Machinery Co. lays off about 6 percent of workforce Updated: May-13-16 10:17 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Machinery Company is laying off a number of employees due to the downturn in the state's energy sector.
- Camden schools to lay off dozens of teachers, staff Updated: May-13-16 3:44 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A New Jersey school district is laying off dozens of teachers and staff amid a projected $39 million budget gap for the coming school year.