- Phoenix bus operators to vote on contract next week Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
PHOENIX - City of Phoenix officials say the union that represents area bus operators will vote on a final contract offer next week.
- US auto sales show big gains, except at Volkswagen Updated: Oct-01-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - September was a blockbuster sales month for the U.S. auto industry - except at Volkswagen, where an emissions scandal forced the company to halt sales of most of its diesel-powered vehicles.
- Nearly two-thirds of UAW members reject Fiat Chrysler deal Updated: Oct-01-15 5:21 pm
DETROIT - Nearly two thirds of United Auto Workers at Fiat Chrysler voted to reject a proposed contract agreement with the company.
- Deere has tentative labor agreement with UAW workers Updated: Oct-01-15 12:20 pm
MOLINE, Illinois - Farm equipment manufacturer Deere & Co. said Thursday it has reached a tentative agreement with the United Auto Workers union, averting a possible strike by 10,000 employees at 12 factories in three states.
- Newark teachers union not in love with breakthrough contract Updated: Oct-01-15 9:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - It was hailed as a breakthrough when the bargain was struck: Top-performing teachers in Newark could get bigger paychecks.
- United Auto Workers threaten strike at Missouri Ford factory Updated: Sep-29-15 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The United Auto Workers union is threatening to strike next week at a key Ford assembly plant in a dispute over local contract negotiations.
- Republic Airways soars after airline announces labor deal Updated: Sep-29-15 10:46 am
Shares of Republic Airways extended a rally into a second day Tuesday after the regional airline operator said it had reached a tentative agreement on a new contract with a pilots' union.
- Kelso teachers union, district reach deal; school to resume Updated: Sep-28-15 5:23 am
KELSO, Washington - Classes in the Kelso School District are set to resume with a two-hour late start Monday after the teachers union and the district reached a tentative contract agreement.
- Mediators call timeout on labor talks in Pantex Plant strike Updated: Sep-27-15 1:09 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - Federal mediators have ordered a brief break in labor talks as a strike at the Pantex nuclear weapons plant near Amarillo reached the one-month mark.
- UAW-Fiat Chrysler pact raises pay, profit-sharing Updated: Sep-18-15 11:04 pm
DETROIT - Hourly pay, profit sharing and performance bonuses will rise, but car production will move to lower-cost Mexico and be replaced by trucks and SUVs under a new contract between Fiat Chrysler and the United Auto Workers.
- Nurse union rejects Rhode Island Hospital contract proposal Updated: Sep-18-15 12:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The union that represents Rhode Island Hospital nurses has rejected the latest contract proposal from management.
- Southwest Airlines pilots to vote on contract proposal Updated: Sep-17-15 7:22 pm
DALLAS - Southwest Airlines' 8,000 pilots will vote on a proposed contract that includes pay raises and higher retirement contributions.
- Sides reach deal to end 42-day bus strike in Tucson, Arizona Updated: Sep-16-15 10:37 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The transit bus system in Tucson and a union representing hundreds of workers reached a new contract agreement Wednesday to end a 42-day strike.
- The Latest: Seattle teachers union panel votes to end strike Updated: Sep-15-15 9:15 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on the strike by public-school teachers in Seattle (all times local):
- Maryland prisons, union reach deal on restructuring Updated: Sep-14-15 5:58 pm
BALTIMORE - In a move that avoids layoffs, Maryland's corrections department and the union representing state workers have reached an agreement on a restructuring of the agency's human resources division, officials said Monday.
- Police union, city of Little Rock to negotiate fitness tests Updated: Sep-14-15 3:59 pm
LITLLE ROCK, Arkansas - The city of Little Rock and its police union are expected to begin negotiations next month to determine whether officers will have to pass a fitness test.
- NetJets pilots plan protests in 7 cities over contract talks Updated: Sep-10-15 3:00 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Several hundred NetJets pilots are staging protests in seven cities over the lack of progress in contract talks.
- NLRB cites Hartford Symphony in pact dispute with musicians Updated: Sep-08-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The National Labor Relations Board in Hartford says the Hartford Symphony Orchestra has failed to bargain in good faith in negotiations with the musicians' union.
- Excerpts from editorials by Illinois newspapers Updated: Sep-08-15 4:31 pm
September 6, 2015
- New Jersey lawmakers taking time off, problems staying put Updated: Sep-05-15 8:46 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - With the full Legislature not meeting again until after this November's election and Gov. Chris Christie often out of state in his White House bid, New Jersey's problems are piling up.
- UMass, 7 unions reach deal to pay $10.9M in back pay Updated: Sep-04-15 7:13 am
BOSTON - The University of Massachusetts and seven labor unions have reached an agreement to pay $10.9 million in retroactive pay to faculty and staff.