- State, Teamsters agree on new contract Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Rauner administration says it has reached tentative or final agreements on new labor contracts with several Teamsters Union units representing about 4,600 workers.
- Steelworkers union to continue talks after contracts expire Updated: Aug-31-15 5:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The United Steelworkers union says it plans to continue negotiating with U.S. Steel and ArcelorMittal past Tuesday's expiration of contracts for 30,000 steelworkers.
- Union, Mitsubishi negotiate in hopes of plant being bought Updated: Aug-27-15 10:12 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Union officials say they're pursuing contract negotiations with Mitsubishi even though the automaker plans to shut down its central Illinois plant.
- The Latest on Springfield: Senate OKs college grant funding Updated: Aug-19-15 8:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Gov. Bruce Rauner spends Governor's Day at the Illinois State Fair and action by the Senate on legislation, including overriding several Rauner vetoes:
- Hanford union recommends approving contract Updated: Aug-19-15 10:13 am
RICHLAND, Washington - The union representing some workers at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is reluctantly recommending they approve a new contract.
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Nurses, St. Charles Bend bring mediator into contract talks Updated: Aug-18-15 12:28 pm
BEND, Oregon - A mediator is joining the stalled contract negotiations that have been going on for months between St. Charles Bend and a nurses' union.
- NBA, referees' union reach deal on 7-year CBA Updated: Aug-13-15 8:29 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA and the National Basketball Referees Association agreed to a seven-year collective bargaining agreement Thursday, brokering the deal a year before the previous contract was set to expire.
- NYC mayor, firefighters' union reach contract resolving feud Updated: Aug-06-15 5:55 pm
NEW YORK - The union representing New York City firefighters reached a contract deal with Mayor Bill de Blasio, officials announced Thursday, resolving a feud over disability benefits, adding 20 five-member engine companies and providing 11 percent raises over seven years.
- Tucson bus system: Union strikes after rejecting contract Updated: Aug-06-15 4:13 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Unionized drivers and mechanics at Tucson's bus system went on strike early Thursday after rejecting a labor contract, a company official said.
- Labor grievance filed over work hours at Nebraska prison Updated: Aug-05-15 2:29 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nearly three months after a deadly Nebraska prison riot, corrections officers and caseworkers are still working 12-hour emergency shifts at the facility, a state union official said Wednesday.
- Rail workers union demands more from NJ transit Updated: Aug-05-15 6:16 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The union representing New Jersey Transit's rail workers calls the agency's latest contract offer "utterly unacceptable."
- U. Iowa graduate student union praises student fee ruling Updated: Aug-04-15 2:43 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A union representing University of Iowa graduate student employees on Tuesday praised a judge's decision that will require the university to bargain over student fee reimbursements.