- Verizon workers to stay on job without new contract Updated: Aug-02-15 1:20 am
NEW YORK - Verizon and unions representing workers in nine states said employees will work without a contract as more negotiations are scheduled.
- Verizon workers plan rallies with contract set to expire Updated: Aug-01-15 1:49 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Verizon workers in Delaware are planning rallies as their labor contract with the telecommunications giant is set to expire.
- Stillwater Mining Co. reports $27M loss for 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-31-15 12:20 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The nation's only platinum and palladium mine is reporting a $27.5 million loss for the second quarter of 2015.
- Milwaukee County, bus drivers report contract talks progress Updated: Jul-30-15 8:17 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee County and the bus drivers union report progress in talks on a new four-year contract.
- Wayne County officials negotiate benefits savings with union Updated: Jul-30-15 5:03 pm
DETROIT - Wayne County says a deal on benefits reductions has been reached with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 324.
- Rauner vetoes strike and lockout ban as union OKs extension Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Even as Illinois and the union that represents most of its employees agreed to a short-term deal Wednesday to keep workers on the job through contract negotiations, Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed union-backed legislation that would have blocked strikes and lockouts.
- UAW, state of Michigan kicking off contract talks Updated: Jul-24-15 2:24 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Officials representing the state of Michigan and United Auto Workers are kicking off contract talks.
- Walkout at 2 NYC airports called off after deal reached Updated: Jul-22-15 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - A walkout among some baggage handlers, security guards and other workers at New York's two major airports was averted after the subcontractor they work for and the union that seeks to represent them reached a deal Wednesday.
- Walkout at 2 NYC airports called off after deal reached Updated: Jul-22-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - A walkout among some baggage handlers, security guards and other workers at New York's two major airports has been averted after the subcontractor they work for reached a deal with the union that seeks to represent them.
- San Jose, public safety unions reach tentative pension deal Updated: Jul-16-15 10:35 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose has reached a tentative deal with its public safety unions over pension cuts approved by city voters in 2012.
- Obama orders emergency board for NJ Transit labor talks Updated: Jul-15-15 12:13 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has signed an executive order to create an emergency board to investigate the dispute between New Jersey Transit and its labor unions.
- Rauner pension plan would end union negotiations, freeze pay Updated: Jul-12-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner says Illinois could save billions of dollars each year through an ambitious new plan to address hugely underfunded pension systems, a proposal he describes as "fair and reasonable" for both government workers and taxpayers.
- Delta pilots reject tentative labor contract nearly 2-to-1 Updated: Jul-10-15 5:29 pm
ATLANTA - Pilots at Delta Air Lines have rejected a tentative contract approved by union negotiators.
- Preserving jobs, pay raises on table as US auto talks open Updated: Jul-08-15 4:37 pm
LORDSTOWN, Ohio - The day before hundreds of United Auto Workers delegates gathered to set strategy for contract talks with the Detroit Three, General Motors sent them a not-so-subtle message.