- TOPS payment rate restriction wins final passage from House Updated: May-02-16 6:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New cost controls are planned for TOPS as lawmakers struggle to pay for the nearly $300 million college tuition program.
- Illinois weighs college aid for students in the US illegally Updated: Apr-29-16 3:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Laura Vivaldo considers herself fortunate among her Illinois college classmates who are in the U.S. illegally and struggle to pay tuition because they don't qualify for state or federal financial aid.
- Gov't launches new website for student loan borrowers Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - The Department of Education has launched a new website to help people with student loans find a repayment option that best suits their needs.
- The Latest: Minnesota House passes education budget bill Updated: Apr-25-16 9:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Latest on Minnesota's education budget (all times local):
- Iowa program offers aid to attract dentists to rural areas Updated: Apr-24-16 6:50 pm
MAQUOKETA, Iowa - A program that offers assistance in paying off student loans is helping draw dentists to small towns in Iowa.
- Children's savings account programs spread in New England Updated: Apr-23-16 10:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is considering a new program to help children save money for college, but the proposal lags years behind other nearby states in timing and target population.
- North Dakota tribal school waives tuition for tribal members Updated: Apr-18-16 11:10 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck community college run by the five American Indian tribes in North Dakota is waiving tuition for members of federally recognized tribes, hoping to boost enrollment and give students a better financial start to life.
- Teachers can apply for student loan forgiveness program Updated: Apr-16-16 6:17 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota University System is accepting applications for the teacher shortage student loan forgiveness program.
- Rhode Island congressman to host discussion on college costs Updated: Apr-16-16 9:26 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Rep. David Cicilline is hosting a discussion about college affordability.
- U-Va. reduces tuition increase for returning students Updated: Apr-14-16 10:17 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia says returning students will pay higher tuition this fall, but the increase will be half of what the university had planned.
- New steps to help people with disabilities and student loans Updated: Apr-12-16 2:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is taking steps to help people with disabilities get their student loan debt forgiven, safeguarding their Social Security payments.
- Student loan debt adjustors to refund illegal fees Updated: Apr-07-16 1:54 pm
SEATTLE - The state Attorney General's Office says several student loan debt adjustors in Washington that overcharged hundreds of students and collected illegal fees will refund the money,
- Why you need to check if your child has a credit report Updated: Apr-06-16 1:37 pm
NEW YORK - They might not be old enough to swipe a credit card or take out a loan, but you still need to keep an eye on your little one's credit.