- Report: Drug maker was focused on profits, not patients Updated: Dec-01-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The makers of a breakthrough hepatitis drug put profits before patients in pricing the $1,000 pill that's become a symbol of the excessive cost of medications, Senate investigators said Tuesday.
- Cyber Monday sales still on top, but losing some luster Updated: Nov-30-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Shoppers traded bricks for clicks on Monday, flocking online to snap up "Cyber Monday" deals on everything from cashmere sweaters to Star Wars toys.
- Change in Thanksgiving weekend spending stumps retailers Updated: Nov-29-15 7:41 pm
U.S. shoppers no longer blow the bulk of their holiday budgets on the day after Thanksgiving known as Black Friday.
- Black Friday store sales fall as Americans buy more online Updated: Nov-28-15 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Black Friday shopping is shifting from hours spent in line to more time online.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Georgia shoppers search for bargains on 'Black Friday' Updated: Nov-27-15 2:39 pm
ATLANTA - Black Friday had an early start again this year as shoppers flocked to shopping centers, malls and stores across Georgia.
- Economy, oil slowdown might dampen Dakotas holiday sales Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Holiday shoppers in the Dakotas this season are expected to spend more than they did last year, though a slumping oil economy in North Dakota has retailers there nervous.
- South Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in South Dakota.
- North Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in North Dakota.
- President's oldest daughter among those scoping out colleges Updated: Nov-27-15 10:43 am
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama's message for high school seniors fretting about their college prospects is simple.
- S Carolina shoppers latest to pay taxes on Amazon sales Updated: Nov-27-15 10:42 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A sales-tax break the Legislature gave Amazon in 2011 expires Jan. 1, making South Carolina the last state to collect among those where officials cut similar deals with the online retail giant.
- Dreary weather greets Black Friday shoppers around St. Louis Updated: Nov-27-15 8:48 am
ST. LOUIS - Bargain-hunters venturing out for Black Friday shopping around St. Louis aren't getting much cooperation from the weather.
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-27-15 12:21 am
NEW YORK - Black Friday used to kick off the holiday shopping season, but now Thanksgiving Day is the new tradition for some shoppers.
- Study: Skin care drug prices up 401 percent since 2009 Updated: Nov-26-15 10:56 am
WASHINGTON - The cost of prescription skin treatments has skyrocketed since 2009, as the burden of escalating drug prices increasingly weighs on family budgets.
- NY Gov. Cuomo warns holiday shoppers about identity theft Updated: Nov-26-15 9:08 am
ALBANY, New York - With the return of the holiday shopping season New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is warning consumers to be on the look-out for charity scams, identity theft and offers that are just too good to be true.
- Streaming channels, the gifts that keeps on giving Updated: Nov-25-15 3:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - Looking for a holiday present that's a perfect fit, procrastinator-friendly and a constant reminder of your generosity? Consider a gift subscription to one of the abundance of streaming choices that range from mainstream to niche.
- 3 Trends for the holidays Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - The holiday season is upon us. Here's what shoppers can expect if they're heading out to stores at any point during the holiday shopping season:
- Smartphones overtake desktops for holiday shopping Updated: Nov-25-15 9:49 am
NEW YORK - If the beginning of the holiday season is any indication, it could be a merry mobile Christmas for shoppers.
- Church helps pay groceries for several shoppers Updated: Nov-25-15 7:10 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Several shoppers in Lexington walked away with some free groceries, thanks to the generosity of some church members.
- Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska communities Updated: Nov-25-15 1:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Forget about long lines and pushy shoppers ready to do battle for sweet Black Friday deals. In rural Alaska, residents are far removed from all the frenzy that goes with the nation's most intense shopping day of the year.
- There's a holiday gift to make every TV fan happy Updated: Nov-24-15 3:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Pity TV fans back in the day, eager to buy really cool merchandise tie-ins to their favorite series but victims of bad timing.
- Florida Gov. Scott's budget: Tax cuts, more for schools Updated: Nov-23-15 8:22 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott, surrounded by rows of machines and dozens of manufacturing employees, on Monday announced a nearly $79.3 billion spending plan for the coming year that is heavy on tax cuts and help for businesses.
- Everyone loves same-day delivery, until they have to pay Updated: Nov-23-15 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - Everyone likes the idea of same-day delivery. But who wants to pay for it?
- Low fuel costs mean cuts for Mississippi Power customers Updated: Nov-23-15 6:47 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Thanks to lower natural gas costs, Mississippi Power Co. is planning to cut customer bills early next year.