- State says lease payments to end soon on idle rail cars Updated: Aug-30-15 12:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan has reached an agreement with a railroad to end $3,000-a-day lease payments on train cars that are resting in a rail yard, an official said.
- Despite stock fall, financial health of many is still solid Updated: Aug-26-15 10:10 am
WASHINGTON - Many Americans have just absorbed a financial beating - at least as measured by their stock holdings. It's the kind of blow that can feed a sense of helplessness about retirement, college savings and higher-than-expected bills.
- As stock prices sink, ordinary Americans keep their heads up Updated: Aug-25-15 6:55 am
WASHINGTON - Even as anxious investors send stock prices plunging, many Americans are sounding a rather different note:
- The Latest: State senator pleads guilty to fraud charges Updated: Aug-20-15 4:20 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest on the criminal charges filed against Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Rick Brinkley of Owasso (all times local):
- US home sales soar in July to fastest pace since early 2007 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their home-buying for a third straight month in July, as sales accelerated to the strongest pace in eight years.
- Boomerang home buyers poised to return to market with a roar Updated: Aug-20-15 4:52 am
TRINITY, Florida - Tears still spring into Debbie Cooley-Guy's eyes when she thinks about her dream home, with its wide, sweeping porch. It overlooked a bayou filled with wading birds, a glittering blue pool and the space for not only a 12-foot Christmas tree, but a grand piano as well.
- Key factors to consider on interest-only mortgages Updated: Aug-19-15 4:20 pm
Don't call it a comeback.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- More millennials stuck renting for years before buying home Updated: Aug-17-15 12:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Home ownership, that celebrated hallmark of the American dream, is increasingly on hold for younger Americans.
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.
- Clinton's student debt reforms help families, cost taxpayers Updated: Aug-11-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's plan to make college more affordable and ease the burden of student debt could easily end up costing more than her proposed $350 billion.
- Clinton to propose $350 billion college affordability plan Updated: Aug-10-15 12:16 am
WASHINGTON - Calling for a "new college compact," Hillary Rodham Clinton on Monday will unveil a $350 billion plan aimed at making college more affordable and reducing the crushing burden of student debt.
- Sen. Warren seeks review of military student loan law Updated: Aug-05-15 6:25 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is seeking a fresh examination of a student loan law aimed at providing consumer protections to active members of the military.
- 2 plead guilty in $3.8 million mortgage scam Updated: Aug-04-15 8:53 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A former Las Vegas couple has pleaded guilty in a $3.8 million mortgage modification scam that authorities say defrauded more than 400 homeowners.