- Q&A: Puerto Rico's debt crisis, what it means for muni bonds Updated: May-02-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Puerto Rico's worsening debt crisis is dimming the economic outlook for the U.S. territory and putting pressure on Congress to help resolve the situation but it is having little effect on the market for municipal bonds and most investors.
- Property investor from Metairie faces wire fraud charge Updated: Apr-30-16 6:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Metairie man faces a federal wire fraud charge as prosecutors say he diverted money he solicited for property investments to personal use.
- House GOP seeks to block stricter rule on retirement savings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP-controlled House has voted along party lines to overturn new Obama administration rules requiring stricter standards for brokers regarding retirement investments.
- Flying autopilot with target-date funds: Points to consider Updated: Apr-28-16 11:43 am
NEW YORK - What's in your 401(k)? For more of us, the answer is just a single fund.
- New York's fraud suit against Trump University moves forward Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York state's fraud suit against Trump University is moving along.
- What to consider before investing in 'sustainable' funds Updated: Apr-21-16 2:35 pm
NEW YORK - It's easier than ever to invest with the goal of helping the environment or society. But easy doesn't mean simple.
- California pension fund won't drop tobacco divestment talks Updated: Apr-18-16 5:51 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The board overseeing the nation's largest public-employee pension fund will consider reinvesting in tobacco stocks it sold off more than a decade ago.
- SEC and Vermont: Ski resort owners mishandled $200 million Updated: Apr-14-16 9:36 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Securities and Exchange Commission and Vermont on Thursday filed civil fraud charges against owners of two northern Vermont ski resorts, accusing them of misusing more than $200 million from foreign investors intended for development projects in the economically depressed area.
- 2 investors accused of manipulating highway ROW sales Updated: Apr-14-16 6:57 pm
LAKE DALLAS, Texas - A federal grand jury has indicted two Dallas real estate investors on mail fraud conspiracy charges alleging they bought up prospective highway rights-of-way and demanded inflated prices from taxpayers to accommodate highway expansion.
- Slow and steady is sexy again: Investors return to munis Updated: Apr-14-16 3:03 pm
NEW YORK - Boring? Give me more of that!
- UK's Cameron defends financial arrangements Updated: Apr-11-16 12:59 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron fought back Monday after days of criticism over his finances, lashing out at what he called hurtful and untrue claims about his late father's investments sparked by leaked details about the offshore accounts of the rich and famous.
- Fund manager Q&A: Mining stocks better play on gold prices Updated: Apr-07-16 3:12 pm
After years of losses, funds focused on gold and gold miners are up sharply this year as investors snapped gold for protection from a turbulent stock market.
- Stricter rules unveiled for brokers giving retirement advice Updated: Apr-06-16 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration acted Wednesday to require that brokers who recommend investments for retirement savers meet a stricter standard that now applies to registered advisers: They must act as "fiduciaries" - trustees who are obligated to put their clients' best interests above all.