- Looking to future, more NCAA athletes seek own trademarks Updated: Aug-27-15 10:22 am
BOSTON - Like their counterparts in the pros, more college football stars are starting to snatch up trademark rights to their names, nicknames and fan slogans.
- Budweiser takes exception to firm's 'Queen of Beer' campaign Updated: Aug-22-15 11:25 am
ST. LOUIS - Budweiser has long been known as the "King of Beers," and Anheuser-Busch is taking exception to a craft brewer declaring itself holder of the "Queen of Beer" crown.
- Judge: Wal-Mart buyers must give deposition in Sturgis case Updated: Aug-21-15 4:26 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A federal judge is requiring that two buyers for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. give a deposition next week ahead of an upcoming trademark dispute trial.
- The ABCs of Google's new name Alphabet Updated: Aug-11-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - What's in a name?
- Bush earned over $9 million from business, speaking gigs Updated: Aug-04-15 7:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush earned more than $9 million over the last 17 months from speaking fees and an assortment of business interests, including a health services firm in Puerto Rico and an online lending operation, according to newly released financial records.
- Galveston bar called Hemingway's can't use author's name Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
GALVESTON, Texas - The owner of a year-old Galveston Seawall beach bar called Hemingway's has to come up with a new name for his place after attorneys for the holders of the Ernest Hemingway trademark demanded a licensing fee if he wanted to continue using the famous author's name.
- Ohio State trademarks name of football coach Urban Meyer Updated: Jul-31-15 6:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University is taking steps to ensure the name of football coach Urban Meyer doesn't show up on knock-off apparel.