- 'Happy Together' copyright dispute in NY top court Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court has agreed to rule on a case pitting the owner of The Turtles' 1967 hit "Happy Together" against Sirius XM Radio.
- Tentative deal in legal fight over Chicago nanny's photos Updated: May-03-16 6:49 pm
CHICAGO - A legal tussle over copyrights to photos from the 1950s onward shot by a Chicago nanny profiled in an Oscar-nominated documentary appeared close to a resolution Tuesday - though a dispute about who is Vivian Maier's rightful heir remains unresolved.
- Justices to hear copyright fight over cheerleaders' uniforms Updated: May-02-16 9:37 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is taking on a copyright dispute between two manufacturers of cheerleading uniforms.
- US targets 11 countries for lax copyright protection Updated: Apr-27-16 9:35 am
WASHINGTON - China, Russia and India are among 11 countries targeted by the Obama administration for leaving American producers of music, movies and other copyrighted material open to rampant piracy.
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to Google's online library Updated: Apr-18-16 9:55 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court turned away a challenge Monday to Google's online book library from authors who complained that the project makes it harder for them to market their work.
- Judge clears 'Stairway to Heaven' copyright case for trial Updated: Apr-11-16 6:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - A trial is needed to determine if Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" copies its opening notes from a song performed by the rock band Spirit, a federal judge has ruled.
- Copyright infringement suit filed over Mapplethorpe photos Updated: Apr-08-16 7:26 am
NEW YORK - A photographer has filed a $65 million lawsuit against the Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation alleging he took the images of the late photographer in drag long identified as self-portraits.