- Initial unemployment claims in Louisiana rise Updated: Nov-20-15 12:35 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Nov. 14 increased from the previous week's total.
- Applications for US jobless aid fall to low level of 271,000 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:21 am
WASHINGTON - The Labor Department reported Thursday that fewer Americans sought unemployment aid last week, fresh evidence that companies are confident enough in the economy to hold onto their workers.
- Rauner, business, labor agree on jobless benefit changes Updated: Nov-09-15 2:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner says his administration has reached an agreement with business groups and unions on a framework for changes to Illinois' unemployment insurance system.
- Man charged with illegally collecting unemployment benefits Updated: Nov-05-15 9:16 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - A 36-year-old Connecticut man has been charged with illegally collecting almost $13,000 in unemployment benefits.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bills targeting food stamp fraud Updated: Nov-03-15 8:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly passed bills Tuesday that Republicans said would help reduce fraud in Wisconsin's food stamps and unemployment insurance programs, as Democrats argued the GOP is really advancing a hateful political agenda with the poor and jobless suffering as scapegoats.
- Assembly passes bill targeting unemployment fraud Updated: Nov-03-15 7:26 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly has passed a bill targeting unemployment insurance fraud.
- Assembly to pass measures targeting welfare fraud Updated: Oct-31-15 10:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Food stamp recipients in Wisconsin would face new hurdles to keep their benefits under a series of bills Republicans plan to pass Tuesday in the state Assembly, despite objections from advocates for the poor who say the result will be to make it harder for people in need of food to get it.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Oct-30-15 10:03 am
All times are Eastern
- Maryland's unemployment insurance tax rate to drop Updated: Oct-29-15 2:57 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - As fewer Maryland residents have applied for unemployment benefits, the state's unemployment insurance tax rate for businesses is set to go down next year, state officials said Thursday.