- Father of missing boy released, mom charged with theft Updated: Nov-07-15 3:23 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The father of a boy missing since 1997 is no longer in custody and has not been charged in connection with a welfare fraud investigation.
- With Roma migrants, poverty returns to Sweden Updated: Nov-06-15 9:08 am
STOCKHOLM - The evacuation of a squalid Roma camp this week has forced Sweden to come to terms with a troubling new reality: For the first time in generations, the egalitarian welfare nation is witnessing people living in abject poverty, without basic amenities such as electricity and running water.
- Parents of missing boy arrested on drug, weapons offenses Updated: Nov-05-15 9:52 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County police have arrested the parents of a missing boy after serving a search warrant in a welfare fraud investigation.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bills targeting food stamp fraud Updated: Nov-03-15 8:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly passed bills Tuesday that Republicans said would help reduce fraud in Wisconsin's food stamps and unemployment insurance programs, as Democrats argued the GOP is really advancing a hateful political agenda with the poor and jobless suffering as scapegoats.
- Assembly to pass measures targeting welfare fraud Updated: Oct-31-15 10:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Food stamp recipients in Wisconsin would face new hurdles to keep their benefits under a series of bills Republicans plan to pass Tuesday in the state Assembly, despite objections from advocates for the poor who say the result will be to make it harder for people in need of food to get it.