- Attempt to restrict use of welfare benefits stalls Updated: Apr-28-16 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An attempt in Arkansas to limit how welfare recipients can spend their benefits has stalled before a legislative panel.
- Gary man charged with killing mother of infant daughter Updated: Apr-26-16 2:34 pm
MERRILLVILLE, Indiana - A Gary man has been charged with murder and fraud for allegedly strangling the mother of his infant daughter, then selling her car and shopping with her welfare benefits, authorities say.
- AP: S. Korea covered up mass abuse, killings of 'vagrants' Updated: Apr-19-16 9:14 pm
BUSAN, South Korea - The 14-year-old boy in the black school jacket stared at his sneakers, his heart pounding, as the policeman accused him of stealing a piece of bread.
- Bill to audit welfare recipients sent back to committee Updated: Apr-19-16 8:03 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawmakers are unlikely to reconsider a bill requiring audits of Medicaid recipients and tightening restrictions on other government aid.
- Maine DHHS: Welfare fraud could surpass last year's record Updated: Apr-12-16 12:51 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Department of Health and Human Services says it expects to surpass last year's record number of welfare fraud cases.
- UAE stripped of endurance worlds over horse welfare concern Updated: Apr-07-16 5:18 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Equestrian Federation has stripped the United Arab Emirates of hosting the endurance world championships in December over horse welfare concerns.