- Pot legalization group reports spending $2 million in effort Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A group working to get a marijuana legalization issue on Ohio's fall ballot has spent more than $2 million in its effort and has about $82,000 in campaign cash on hand.
- Menendez case shaping up to be aggressive, tense court fight Updated: Jul-28-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The corruption indictment against Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey is only a few months old, but early court filings pull back the curtain on a legal fight that promises to be bitter, personal and contested at each step.
- Date set for McMaster's ethics hearing on 2010 donations Updated: Jul-23-15 1:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A complaint against Republican Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster that accuses him of taking nearly $70,000 in illegal campaign donations after an unsuccessful run for governor could be resolved as early as September.
- Poll: Guinta's support plummets amid financing scandal Updated: Jul-23-15 11:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Support for U.S. Rep Frank Guinta is eroding according to a new poll that showed that more than 40 percent think he should resign amid his campaign finance troubles and only 5 percent say they would back his re-election bid next year.
- Woman denied asking question to congressman at town hall Updated: Jul-21-15 4:12 pm
PLAISTOW, New Hampshire - An attempt to question U.S. Rep. Frank Guinta about his campaign finance issues during a town hall meeting at a New Hampshire American Legion was cut off by the post commander.
- Brownback campaign seeks donation from Westar amid rate case Updated: Jul-21-15 2:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's campaign approached a Westar Energy official for a campaign debt donation while the utility is in the process of seeking a rate increase, a newspaper reported.
- Analyst: probe could taint image of Brazil's ex- president Updated: Jul-17-15 5:23 pm
SAO PAULO - An investigation into allegations of influence peddling by Brazil's former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva could taint his image and weaken the ruling Workers' Party, analysts said Friday.
- Ritz blames error for possible improper campaign donations Updated: Jul-17-15 3:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democratic state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz on Friday blamed a clerical error for her campaign for governor reporting about $8,000 in contributions as being collected during this year's legislative session, a potential violation of Indiana's campaign finance laws.
- State's new legislative leaders see jump in contributions Updated: Jul-16-15 4:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - In Albany, it pays to be in charge.
- Guinta's fundraising drops after campaign financing troubles Updated: Jul-16-15 4:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Frank Guinta has seen a significant decline in individual campaign donations since the Federal Election Commission concluded that he accepted $355,000 in illegal campaign donations from his parents.
- Schneiderman reports raising $2 million in campaign funds Updated: Jul-16-15 4:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman reports raising more than $2 million in campaign donations over the past six months.
- The Latest: Conservative group reacts to Walker ruling Updated: Jul-16-15 2:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest on the Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision Thursday in a case involving Republican Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign (all times local):
- NYU law center sues to close campaign finance loophole Updated: Jul-14-15 5:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York University law center and three state legislators were among the plaintiffs Tuesday in a lawsuit to make limited liability companies subject to the stricter campaign finance limits on corporations and business partnerships in the state.
- Innis moves toward congressional primary rematch with Guinta Updated: Jul-14-15 11:35 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Former congressional candidate Dan Innis has taken two key steps toward making another run for office against the embattled U.S. Rep. Frank Guinta.
- NC election board member's firm worked for target of probe Updated: Jul-10-15 6:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For 17 months, a member of the North Carolina Board of Elections appointed by Gov. Pat McCrory demanded regular updates about the confidential investigation into $235,000 in political contributions to the campaigns of the governor and dozens of other elected officials.
- DeKalb County CEO ordered to serve 18 months behind bars Updated: Jul-08-15 12:19 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Burrell Ellis, the suspended DeKalb County chief executive, was ordered Wednesday to serve 18 months of a 5-year sentence for his conviction on charges of perjury and attempted theft by extortion.