- House Democrats push campaign finance reform, ethics board Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Democratic leaders on Tuesday rolled out their proposals for reforming New Mexico's scandal-plagued campaign finance reporting system and creating a statewide ethics commission - measures they say would help restore voters' faith in government.
- Lawsuit challenges Illinois ban on marijuana campaign money Updated: Nov-24-15 4:19 pm
CHICAGO - Two Libertarian political candidates have asked a federal court to declare unconstitutional an Illinois ban on political contributions from the state's new medical marijuana industry.
- College owner pleads guilty to illegal contributions Updated: Nov-09-15 6:30 pm
MIAMI - The majority owner of Dade Medical College has pleaded guilty to charges that he made over $159,000 in illegal campaign contributions.
- Maui lawmaker pleads no contest in campaign finance case Updated: Nov-07-15 2:13 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui lawmaker pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges in a campaign finance case.
- College owner charged with bundling campaign contributions Updated: Nov-04-15 3:46 am
MIAMI - The majority owner of Dade Medical College has turned himself in to authorities following charges that he illegally bundled over $159,000 in campaign contributions to politicians.
- Minnesota to pay $100,000 in lawyer fees in campaign lawsuit Updated: Nov-02-15 1:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A settlement involving Minnesota campaign regulators requires the state to pay more than $100,000 in costs and attorney fees for a group that sued over contribution limits.
- House Ethics gives Harrell more time to prepare case Updated: Nov-02-15 11:59 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The House Ethics Committee agreed Monday to give former House Speaker Bobby Harrell more time to challenge its order that he pay nearly $113,500 to the state.