- Initial public offerings scheduled to debut next week Updated: Feb-05-16 3:21 pm
NEW YORK - The following is a list of initial public offerings planned for the coming week. Sources include IPO ETF manager Renaissance Capital, and SEC filings.
- Lions Gate shares plunge on earns miss as merger hopes fade Updated: Feb-05-16 3:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Shares of Hollywood studio Lions Gate plunged Friday after it missed earnings expectations due to the underperformance of the finale of "The Hunger Games" and investors fled as hopes diminished for the company to become an acquisition vehicle.
- Chinese-led investors plan to buy Chicago Stock Exchange Updated: Feb-05-16 1:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Stock Exchange, founded more than a century ago, said it has agreed to be acquired by a Chinese-led investor group.
- Estee Lauder 2Q results top Street, hair care sales climb Updated: Feb-05-16 8:15 am
NEW YORK - Estee Lauder's fiscal second-quarter results topped analysts' estimates thanks in part to increased sales of makeup, fragrances and hair care products.
- HanesBrands misses Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - HanesBrands Inc. on Thursday posted worse-than-expected quarterly results and issued weak guidance, sending its shares down in extended trading.
- Symantec beats Street 3Q forecasts, gets $500M investment Updated: Feb-04-16 6:22 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - Shares of Symantec Corp. rose in extended trading Thursday after the security software developer announced a $500 million investment from Silver Lake and reported better-than-expected quarterly results.
- ConocoPhillips posts 4th-quarter loss, slashes dividend Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips posted a wider-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter and slashed its quarterly dividend by 66 percent as oil prices continue to drop.
- Dunkin's preps for a deal fight as customer visits slip Updated: Feb-04-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - Dunkin' Donuts, feeling sidelined by a discounting fight in the fast-food industry, is planning to jump into the game with its own deals.
- Tax gain lifts wholesaler AmerisourceBergen to 1Q profit Updated: Feb-04-16 2:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - AmerisourceBergen Corp. swung to a profit in its fiscal first quarter, thanks to a huge income tax benefit. The medicine wholesaler reported a loss in the same period a year earlier. Its latest results beat Wall Street profit expectations but fell short on revenue.
- Philip Morris Int'l results mixed, outlook disappoints Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
NEW YORK - Philip Morris International's fourth-quarter performance was mixed as it dealt with some higher costs and lower cigarette shipment volume. The seller of Marlboro and other cigarette brands outside the United States also gave a 2016 profit forecast below analysts' estimates.
- ICE 4Q profit rises 28 percent, tops forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 9:01 am
NEW YORK - IntercontinentalExchange Group Inc., which owns the New York Stock Exchange, on Thursday reported a 28 percent boost in fourth-quarter profit on higher data services and listing fees.
- Daimler pays bigger bonuses, dividend after record year Updated: Feb-04-16 8:45 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - German car and truck maker Daimler has reported record profits for last year as sales of its luxury cars rose despite a troubled global economy.
- New York Times beats Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 8:45 am
NEW YORK - The New York Times Co. (NYT) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $51.7 million.
- Tempur Sealy reports 4Q loss Updated: Feb-04-16 8:25 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Tempur Sealy International Inc. (TPX) on Thursday reported a fourth-quarter loss of $11.3 million, after reporting a profit in the same period a year earlier.
- Comcast loses fewest TV customers in 8 years Updated: Feb-03-16 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is trumpeting its best year for traditional TV services in nearly a decade, even though it continues to lose TV subscribers.
- Beigene, Editas Medicine shares rise in market debuts Updated: Feb-03-16 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Shares of medical sector companies Beigene Ltd. of China and Editas Medicine Inc. of Massachusetts climbed Wednesday in their market debuts.
- North America, China power GM to record $9.7b annual profit Updated: Feb-03-16 12:25 pm
DETROIT - If you're an automaker, especially one from Detroit, conditions probably aren't going to be better for you to make a lot of cash.
- Analyst: California teacher pension changes may need fix Updated: Feb-02-16 9:05 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - State lawmakers should consider changing a plan they adopted two years ago to stabilize the finances of California's teacher pension system, the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office said Tuesday.
- Gilead Sciences beats 4th-quarter forecasts on higher sales Updated: Feb-02-16 7:03 pm
Gilead Sciences Inc. posted a 34 percent increase in fourth-quarter profit, trouncing Wall Street expectations, as sales of its blockbuster hepatitis C drugs soared in Japan and offset lower sales in the U.S.
- ADM punished in market awash in grain Updated: Feb-02-16 2:03 pm
DECATUR, Illinois - Shares of Archer Daniels tumbled 8 percent Tuesday as rising stockpiles of grain, plunging energy prices, and a strong dollar took a toll on the agribusiness giant.
- Ally Financial tops Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-02-16 11:48 am
DETROIT - Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter profit of $263 million.
- Royal Caribbean's 4Q profit surges on lower costs Updated: Feb-02-16 11:30 am
NEW YORK - Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. on Tuesday reported a surge in fourth-quarter profit, helped by lower fuel costs. But disappointing guidance for the year dragged shares sharply lower.
- Alphabet comes before Apple as world's most valuable company Updated: Feb-02-16 10:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Alphabet now comes before Apple atop the list of the world's most valuable companies.
- Anadarko Petroleum reports 4Q loss Updated: Feb-01-16 4:30 pm
THE WOODLANDS, Texas - Anadarko Petroleum Corp. on Monday reported a loss of $1.25 billion in its fourth quarter.
- CDC says Chipotle-linked outbreak of E. coli appears over Updated: Feb-01-16 4:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Looks like it's safe to bite into that burrito.