- Tough week for social media stocks - no one is spared Updated: Jul-31-15 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - It hasn't been an easy week in social media, despite double-digit revenue growth from Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Investors are looking beyond headline numbers and finding reasons to sell.
- Royal Caribbean profit jumps 34 pct in 2Q; bumps forecast Updated: Jul-31-15 8:53 am
MIAMI - Royal Caribbean cruised beyond most expectations for its second quarter thanks in part to falling energy prices and it raised its profit guidance for the year.
- Amgen hikes 2015 forecast after 2Q increase in profit, sales Updated: Jul-30-15 6:55 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Amgen Inc. shares jumped in extended trading after the maker of osteoporosis drug Prolia easily beat Wall Street's second-quarter profit expectations and hiked its 2015 financial forecast.
- LinkedIn 2Q caps rough week for social media stocks Updated: Jul-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - It hasn't been a good week for social media companies, not even for the usually reliable professional networking service LinkedIn Corp.
- Expedia shares rises aftermarket following 2Q results Updated: Jul-30-15 6:47 pm
BELLEVUE, Washington - Shares of Expedia climbed in aftermarket trading after the online travel company reported solid second-quarter results.
- Starwood falls after rival rebuts report of merger talks Updated: Jul-30-15 4:24 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Shares of hotel operators Starwood Hotels & Resorts and InterContinental Hotels Group rose in early trading Thursday on reports the companies were talking about a possible merger, but slumped when InterContinental Hotels said that wasn't true.
- Whole Foods: Sales hurt by bad publicity from overcharging Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Whole Foods is feeling pinched after New York City officials found it was overcharging customers.
- Facebook 2Q results soar as user base, mobile ads grow Updated: Jul-29-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook is attracting advertising dollars to where its users are - on mobile devices.
- Qorvo tumbles aftermarket following fiscal 2Q outlook Updated: Jul-29-15 5:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Shares of chipmaker Qorvo plunged in aftermarket trading Wednesday after its fiscal second-quarter forecast fell short of Wall Street's forecasts.
- International Paper shares dip on 2Q revenue miss Updated: Jul-29-15 3:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Shares of International Paper slumped Wednesday after the global paper and packaging company reported mixed second-quarter results.
- Twitter stock tumbles as user growth stalls Updated: Jul-29-15 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Tepid user growth and ongoing uncertainty about its leadership dragged Twitter's stock to its lowest level in over a year Wednesday, even though the short-messaging service reported sharply quarterly higher revenue.
- Northrop Grumman rises on 2Q profit and stronger outlook Updated: Jul-29-15 2:34 pm
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - Shares of Northrop Grumman climbed Wednesday after the defense contractor posted a stronger-than-expected profit in the second quarter and raised its outlook for the year.
- Better economy has smokers buying more Marlboros Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - A better economy is helping sell more Marlboros and Camels, even as prices climb. That brought higher profits for their makers in the second quarter.
- The Rubicon Project reports 2Q loss but results beat Street Updated: Jul-28-15 5:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Rubicon Project Inc. on Tuesday reported a loss of $11.9 million in its second quarter, but the company's stock rose in extended trading after results beat estimates.
- SuperValu may spin off Save-A-Lot into separate company Updated: Jul-28-15 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - SuperValu said Tuesday that it may spin off its discount grocer Save-A-Lot into a separate publicly traded company as competition in the industry intensifies.
- Freeport-McCoRan launches business review to cut costs Updated: Jul-28-15 1:05 pm
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan jumped Tuesday after the company said it has started reviewing its mining and oil and gas businesses to look for cost-cutting opportunities in the face of weak markets for its products.
- DuPont cuts forecast on agriculture sales drop Updated: Jul-28-15 9:24 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - DuPont's second-quarter profit fell 12 percent, and the chemical company lowered its forecast for the year after a stronger dollar and a sales drop in its agriculture segment affected results.
- Planet Fitness goes public Updated: Jul-28-15 8:26 am
NEWINGTON, New Hampshire - Gym company Planet Fitness has started its initial public offering.
- Reynolds American beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-28-15 8:08 am
WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina - Reynolds American reported a surge in second-quarter profit with cigarette prices and volume rising.
- $15M bond sought for proposed Wilmington stock exchange Updated: Jul-28-15 6:58 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A new Delaware company led by prominent figures in national financial and political circles is seeking a $15 million bond from New Castle County to create a stock exchange headquartered in Wilmington.
- Republic stock plunges on possible flight disruptions Updated: Jul-27-15 5:22 pm
DALLAS - Republic Airways warned that its operation of regional flights for the nation's biggest airlines could be disrupted by a pilot shortage and labor standoff.
- Delta Air to buy stake in China Eastern Airlines Updated: Jul-27-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - Delta said it will pay $450 million to buy a stake in China Eastern Airlines as the Atlanta-based airline seeks to expand into China's fast-growing travel industry.
- American Airlines beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-24-15 5:46 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Dramatically cheaper jet fuel helped American Airlines nearly double its second-quarter profit to $1.7 billion despite lower revenue.
- Johnson Controls to spin off automotive unit Updated: Jul-24-15 3:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - Johnson Controls says it will spin off its automotive division into a separate publicly traded company as it continues to winnow down its business.
- Biogen cuts 2015 profit outlook as key MS drug sales slow Updated: Jul-24-15 11:01 am
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Biogen cut its full-year adjusted profit forecast Friday as sales of one of its multiple sclerosis drugs, Tecfidera, slow down.