- Estate of 'Untouchables' Ness in legal fight over old stock Updated: Jul-03-15 11:43 am
MIAMI - A legal fight is brewing in Florida between the estate of "Untouchables" Prohibition agent Eliot Ness and an Ohio company over some long-undiscovered stock that apparently belonged to Ness and may be worth more than $1 million.
- China reduces planned IPOs for July after market turmoil Updated: Jul-03-15 7:34 am
BEIJING - China cut the number of initial public offerings planned this month by two-thirds on Friday, adding to frantic efforts to shore up plunging stock prices.
- Centene makes $6.3B bid for fellow insurer Health Net Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
Centene has jumped into the mix of managed-care companies scrambling to bulk up as the health care overhaul changes their business with a $6.3-billion bid for fellow insurer Health Net.
- FDA clears drug for leading form of cystic fibrosis Updated: Jul-02-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a new combination drug for the most common form of cystic fibrosis, the debilitating inherited disease that causes internal mucus buildup, lung infections and early death. But it will come at a steep price - more than $250,000 for a year's treatment.
- Intel President Renee James to leave chipmaker Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Intel said Thursday that President Renee James, who has worked at the chipmaker for 28 years, plans to leave the company early next year to seek a CEO role elsewhere.
- 3 Supreme Court justices maintain substantial stock holdings Updated: Jul-02-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - New personal financial disclosures from the Supreme Court show that Chief Justice John Roberts and two other justices are maintaining significant investments in individual companies' stock.
- Initial public offerings scheduled to debut next week Updated: Jul-02-15 12:11 pm
NEW YORK - The following is a list of initial public offerings planned for the coming week. Sources include IPO ETF manager Renaissance Capital, and SEC filings.
- Newly independent, Energizer announces dividend and buyback Updated: Jul-02-15 9:44 am
NEW YORK - A day after splitting the company in two, Energizer said it would issue a dividend and buy back up to 7.5 million shares.
- Spanish-language broadcaster Univision files for IPO Updated: Jul-02-15 8:58 am
NEW YORK - Spanish-language broadcasting company Univision Holdings Inc. filed plans Thursday to launch an initial public offering of its stock.
- Ace buying Chubb, deal to create insurance giant Updated: Jul-01-15 2:25 pm
WARREN, New Jersey - Insurer Ace Ltd. is buying The Chubb Corp. for about $28.3 billion in cash and stock in a deal that will create one of the world's largest insurers.
- Seoul court denies US fund's request to stop Samsung merger Updated: Jul-01-15 3:41 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean court Wednesday denied an American hedge fund's request to stop Samsung from combining two of its companies, a largely expected ruling that gives South Korea's biggest business group a boost in an upcoming shareholder vote on the merger.
- Willis Group joins with Towers Watson in $18B deal Updated: Jun-30-15 7:25 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The insurer Willis Group Holdings PLC will tie up with Towers Watson in an all-stock deal valued at about $18 billion.
- Former Qualcomm executive sent to prison for insider trading Updated: Jun-26-15 5:47 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former Qualcomm Inc. executive was sentenced Friday to 18 months in prison and fined $500,000 for an insider trading scheme to profit off the wireless technology company's confidential information and then covering up his crimes.
- Home solar power company Sunrun files for IPO Updated: Jun-25-15 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - Sunrun Inc., a solar power company, filed plans Thursday to launch an initial public offering.
- TransUnion rises 13 percent after IPO raises almost $665M Updated: Jun-25-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of TransUnion climbed Thursday after the credit rating company's initial public offering raised $664.8 million.
- Key Target merchandising exec steps aside Updated: Jun-25-15 4:15 pm
NEW YORK - Target's reinvention plan continues.
- Tinder, Match.com looking for love on Wall Street Updated: Jun-25-15 2:41 pm
NEW YORK - Match.com and Tinder are looking for a Wall Street hookup as their parent group prepares to establish them as a separate, publicly traded company.
- Kroger board OKs 2-for-1 stock split; dividend boost Updated: Jun-25-15 1:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Kroger's board has approved a 2-for-1 stock split, a 13.5 percent increase to its quarterly dividend and a $500 million share buyback program.
- Disney raising dividend by 15 pct., payments now semi-annual Updated: Jun-25-15 8:05 am
BURBANK, California - The Walt Disney Co. is boosting its dividend by 15 percent, and will now pay dividends semi-annually instead of once a year.
- Monsanto posts higher 3Q profit, pursues Syngenta tie-up Updated: Jun-24-15 6:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Monsanto Co. reported better-than-expected earnings results for the third quarter on Wednesday as executives of the huge agricultural business continued to make a case for a $45 billion takeover of Swiss competitor, Syngenta AG.
- Netflix to execute 7-for-1 stock split next month Updated: Jun-23-15 6:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix will execute a seven-for-one stock split next month in a widely anticipated move designed to make the Internet video service's shares more affordable to a bigger pool of investors.
- Facebook now worth more than Wal-Mart on stock market Updated: Jun-23-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook is now bigger than Wal-Mart, at least when it comes to its value on the stock market.
- Coty says Becht remains as interim CEO; new exec won't join Updated: Jun-23-15 3:19 pm
NEW YORK - Cosmetics and fragrance maker Coty said its interim CEO will continue in that role, and Elio Leoni Sceti, who was scheduled to become its CEO in about a week, won't be joining the company.
- American Airlines CEO nets $2.4M selling company stock Updated: Jun-22-15 7:25 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The CEO of American Airlines collected nearly $2.4 million after taxes by selling some of his stock in the company.
- Anthem proposes to buy Cigna for $184 per share Updated: Jun-20-15 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - After getting the cold shoulder, U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc. said it's raising its offer to buy smaller rival Cigna Corp. for about $47 billion, including cash and stock.