- Correction: Weight Loss-Balloon story Updated: Jul-29-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story July 28 about an inflatable medical balloon approved to treat obesity, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of weight patients regained after having the device removed. Patients actually regained about one-third of their lost weight.
- Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app Updated: Jul-29-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine making a video call without other people being able to listen in.
- Nokia launches virtual reality camera for 3D video Updated: Jul-29-15 10:07 am
HELSINKI - Nokia says it's launching a virtual reality camera that will be able to capture three-dimensional video designed for professional content creators.
- Mini recalls about 35K cars to bolster side crash resistance Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
DETROIT - Mini is recalling about 35,000 cars in the U.S. and Canada because they don't meet side-impact crash-test requirements.
- Ahold USA joins initiative on farmworker pay Updated: Jul-29-15 8:49 am
IMMOKALEE, Florida - A major U.S. grocery company joined an initiative Wednesday that requires its Florida tomato suppliers to increase farmworker pay and protect workers from forced labor and sexual assault.
- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years Updated: Jul-29-15 7:31 am
DETROIT - In the age of Apple's CarPlay, a lot of cars on the road still have tape decks.
- Nintendo reports profit but no word on new president Updated: Jul-29-15 4:55 am
TOKYO - Nintendo posted an 8.28 billion yen ($67 million) profit for the fiscal first quarter, helped by better sales and a cheap yen, but did not announce a new president to lead the company after the death this month of Satoru Iwata.
- LG Electronics reports 45 percent plunge in 2Q earnings Updated: Jul-29-15 3:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - LG Electronics said Wednesday its second quarter earnings sank 45 percent over a year earlier as losses widened in its TV business and mobile phones earned little income.
- Future unsure for troubled New Mexico green chile production Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Green chiles have defined New Mexico for generations, gaining fans and fame around the globe.
- Yelp's 2Q results, outlook disappoint as stock plunges Updated: Jul-28-15 7:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yelp is getting skewered by investors after the online business review service sank to a second-quarter loss and dimmed its outlook amid a slowdown in its digital advertising sales.
- Vaccine law opponents cleared to start recall of senator Updated: Jul-28-15 5:29 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Opponents of California's new vaccine law have been cleared to begin collecting signatures to recall the legislation's author.
- US agency denies request for Fiat Chrysler investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:21 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators have rejected a request from an advocacy group to investigate power system failures in almost 5 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles that potentially could cause stalling and other problems.
- In Tech: New Motorola smartphones; faster future memory chip Updated: Jul-28-15 4:35 pm
Motorola is refreshing its Android smartphones with better cameras and other improvements as it seeks to lure customers who want lower-cost alternatives to leading smartphones from Apple and Samsung.
- Fiat Chrysler settlement with gov't could prove costly Updated: Jul-27-15 11:29 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler could be required to lay out billions of dollars to get potentially defective Ram pickups and older Jeeps off the road under a deal with safety regulators to settle claims that the automaker mishandled nearly two dozen recalls.
- Apple Watch will be sold at some Best Buy stores Updated: Jul-27-15 5:02 pm
NEW YORK - The Apple Watch is heading to some Best Buy stores ahead of the holiday shopping season.
- Madonna: It's just the beginning for streaming service Tidal Updated: Jul-27-15 1:04 pm
NEW YORK - Madonna, who co-owns Tidal with Jay Z, Beyonce and others, says it's just the beginning for the streaming service that's had some troubles since its launch in March.
- McGraw Hill Financial buying SNL Financial for about $2.23B Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - McGraw Hill Financial, owner of ratings agency Standard & Poor's, is buying SNL Financial for about $2.23 billion.
- Software turns smartphones into tools for medical research Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jody Kearns doesn't like to spend time obsessing about her Parkinson's disease. The 56-year-old dietitian from Syracuse, New York, had to give up bicycling because the disorder affected her balance. But she still works, drives and tries to live a normal life.
- Columbia tests bench that charges electronic devices Updated: Jul-27-15 5:04 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia is offering the public an unusual way to charge their electronic devices.
- Gov't: Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 pickups Updated: Jul-27-15 12:38 am
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back from customers more than 500,000 Ram pickup trucks and other vehicles in the biggest such action in U.S. history as part of a costly deal with safety regulators to settle legal problems in about two dozen recalls.
- Art teacher's comic book stash reaches 70,000 volumes Updated: Jul-26-15 11:17 am
BURLINGTON, Iowa - The circumstances of Tony Onesto's early life make it seem almost preordained he would be a serious comic book collector.
- Lt. Gov. Michaels encouraging clinical trials participation Updated: Jul-26-15 10:38 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Lt. Gov. Matt Michaels has joined peers in other states in encouraging patients to participate in clinical trials.
- AP Source: US to hit Fiat Chrysler with record $105M fine Updated: Jul-26-15 12:07 am
DETROIT - The U.S. government will hit Fiat Chrysler with a record $105 million fine next week for violating laws in a series of vehicle safety recalls, a person briefed on the matter said.
- Fiat Chrysler to recall more than 1.6 million vehicles in US Updated: Jul-25-15 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - Fiat Chrysler is recalling more than 1.6 million vehicles in the U.S. to fix two separate issues affecting its Ram pickup trucks.
- FDA OKs breakthrough cholesterol drug for high-risk patients Updated: Jul-24-15 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a first-of-a-kind drug that lowers artery-clogging cholesterol more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.