- FDA announces rules that could upend e-cigarette industry Updated: May-05-16 12:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The federal government on Thursday announced sweeping new regulations for electronic cigarettes that could upend the multibillion-dollar industry and for the first time require e-cigarette makers to submit their products for a safety review.
- Exxon and FuelCell to study capturing carbon emissions Updated: May-05-16 12:14 pm
Exxon and FuelCell Energy will jointly develop technology to reduce the cost of capturing carbon emissions from power plants.
- Company says up to 95 layoffs planned at Augusta paper plant Updated: May-05-16 12:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A paper company that makes newsprint in Augusta says it plans to reduce its capacity by nearly half, resulting in layoffs for as many as 95 employees.
- Kellogg's sales decline as cereals remain sluggish Updated: May-05-16 11:46 am
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Kellogg's profit declined in the first quarter as the maker of Frosted Flakes and Pop Tarts continued to fight sluggish cereal sales.
- House bill would curb new regulation of e-cigarettes, cigars Updated: May-05-16 10:31 am
WASHINGTON - Vape away.
- Forest Service plan would thwart Kalmiopsis nickel mine Updated: May-05-16 10:15 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A plan to exclude mineral development on about 100,000 acres of federal land, to thwart a proposed nickel mine near the Kalmiopsis Wilderness, is nearing fruition.
- Disney CEO meets Chinese president ahead of park opening Updated: May-05-16 7:26 am
BEIJING - The head of entertainment giant Disney had a rare official meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday, a month before the opening of its $5.5 billion theme park in the country's financial hub of Shanghai.
- Air bag recall doubles in size, taxes overloaded industry Updated: May-04-16 5:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Prodded by the U.S. government, Takata agreed Wednesday to add up to 40 million air bag inflators to an already massive recall, raising questions about the auto industry's ability to produce and distribute the necessary replacement parts.
- Blue Bell recalls Cookies 'n Cream mislabeled Rocky Road Updated: May-04-16 5:01 pm
BRENHAM, Texas - Blue Bell Creameries is recalling select lots of Rocky Road pint packages mistakenly filled with Cookies n' Cream ice cream at its flagship Brenham plant.
- Missouri auction of seized vehicles raises more than $1.4M Updated: May-04-16 2:41 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A fleet of expensive cars and motorcycles seized from a Kansas City-area accountant has sold for more than $1.4 million.
- Nissan recalls Rogues; rear lift gates can fall suddenly Updated: May-04-16 12:16 pm
DETROIT - Nissan is recalling more than 108,000 Rogue small SUVs in the U.S. because the rear hatch door could fall on people without warning.
- Takata air bags may have caused 2 more deaths in Malaysia Updated: May-04-16 10:19 am
DETROIT - Two people in Malaysia have died in recent traffic crashes in which Takata air bag inflators exploded with too much force, but authorities have yet to determine the exact cause of either death.
- Pasco company recalls frozen vegetables linked to listeria Updated: May-03-16 8:59 pm
SEATTLE - A Pasco, Washington, company has expanded its recall of frozen vegetables linked to a listeria outbreak that has sickened eight people.
- US ends Ford pickup probe without seeking recall Updated: May-03-16 3:29 pm
DETROIT - U.S. safety regulators have closed an investigation into power brake assist failures in Ford F-150 pickup trucks without seeking a recall.
- IMS Health and Quintiles merging in $9 billion stock deal Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Health care data company IMS Health and Quintiles, which helps drug companies with clinical trial research, said Tuesday they are merging in an all-stock deal worth nearly $9 billion.
- Idaho women sue doctor, claim they got counterfeit implants Updated: May-03-16 1:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Four women have sued an Idaho doctor who they claim gave them counterfeit breast implants and knock-off Botox without their knowledge during procedures.
- West Virginia American Water seeks additional rate hike Updated: May-03-16 11:23 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia American Water is asking state regulators to approve a 1.9 percent surcharge on customers' bills to fund infrastructure replacement projects.
- Uber, China's Alipay expand cooperation to foreign markets Updated: May-03-16 3:41 am
BEIJING - Ride-hailing service Uber and the payment service of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group are expanding a partnership to allow Chinese travelers to summon and pay for a car in any country where Uber operates.
- Moda Health leaving Alaska individual health market in 2017 Updated: May-02-16 6:55 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - One of the two companies offering individual health insurance policies for Alaskans announced Monday that it will not be participating in that market next year.
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- Texas A&M spending $150 million for new research campus Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M University System is developing a new research and development campus near its flagship College Station campus to focus on evolving technologies like driverless cars, robotics and materials to fix the country's eroding infrastructure and train people how to use them.
- Teens to witness mock crash ahead of prom, graduation season Updated: May-02-16 5:17 pm
TOWER CITY, North Dakota - Students at a North Dakota high school will be witnessing a mock car-crash event as part of a safety campaign that authorities are launching ahead of prom and graduation season.
- FDA effort aims to curb smoking in LGBT community Updated: May-02-16 2:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration's latest anti-smoking campaign takes aim at young adults in the LGBT community, who officials say are nearly twice as likely to use tobacco as their peers.
- Contour Airlines starts strong in Tupelo, aided by low fares Updated: May-02-16 4:25 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bolstered by cut-rate tickets, Tupelo's new airline has been flying lots of passengers.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.