- Feds charge liquor board ex-official with taking kickbacks Updated: Aug-31-15 7:18 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A man who once played a major role in deciding what showed up on the shelves of Pennsylvania's state-owned system of liquor stores plans to plead guilty to a criminal charge for taking cash and gifts from suppliers, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Carlyle Group to buy candle seller Blyth for $98 Million Updated: Aug-31-15 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - The Carlyle Group will pay $98 million to buy candle seller Blyth, the private equity firm said Monday.
- Tentative deal made to buy water system in Donaldsonville Updated: Aug-31-15 11:49 am
DONALDSONVILLE, Louisiana - Ascension Parish government has reached an agreement in principle with Peoples Water Service Co. to buy its water operations in Donaldsonville for $5.9 million.
- MVB Bank acquires 2 Susquehanna branches in Berkeley County Updated: Aug-31-15 10:25 am
FAIRMONT, West Virginia - MVB Bank says it has completed the acquisition of two Susquehanna Bank branches in Berkeley County.
- Apple's music service losing key player as exec resigns Updated: Aug-28-15 2:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's online music subscription service is losing a key player as millions of listeners near the end of a free three-month trial period that has drawn mixed reviews.
- Oregon seeks proposals to open up to 17 new liquor stores Updated: Aug-27-15 9:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Liquor Control Commission voted Wednesday to accept proposals for up to 17 new liquor stores in the Portland metro area.
- Deal to develop parkland near dunes riles conservationists Updated: Aug-27-15 5:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The parkland surrounding Indiana's towering dunes was intended to keep industry away from a geological marvel molded over thousands of years at the southern tip of Lake Michigan.
- Dole Food CEO, former top exec ordered to pay $148M Updated: Aug-27-15 4:40 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware judge on Thursday ordered 92-year-old Dole Food CEO David Murdock and a former top lieutenant to pay $148 million in damages for misleading directors and shareholders in a deal that took the company private in 2013.
- Union, Mitsubishi negotiate in hopes of plant being bought Updated: Aug-27-15 10:12 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Union officials say they're pursuing contract negotiations with Mitsubishi even though the automaker plans to shut down its central Illinois plant.
- Greatbatch buying Lake Region Medical in $1.73B deal Updated: Aug-27-15 7:05 am
FRISCO, Texas - Medical components maker Greatbatch is buying Lake Region Medical in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $1.73 billion.
- China's Dalian Wanda buys Ironman triathlon brand for $650M Updated: Aug-26-15 11:52 pm
HONG KONG - Chinese property and cinema giant Dalian Wanda Group said Thursday that it is buying the company that owns the Ironman triathlon brand and race series as it forecasts explosive demand in China for the sport.
- Schlumberger buying Cameron International in $12.71B deal Updated: Aug-26-15 5:20 pm
HOUSTON - Schlumberger is buying Cameron in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $12.71 billion that would create an oilfield equipment and service powerhouse.
- Monsanto abandons takeover bid for Swiss rival Syngenta Updated: Aug-26-15 4:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Agricultural business giant Monsanto is abandoning its takeover bid for competitor Syngenta AG after the Swiss chemical producer rejected its latest offer of nearly $47 billion.
- Entergy units in La. to be merged, after PSC approval Updated: Aug-26-15 4:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana utility regulators agreed Wednesday to merge two subsidiaries of New Orleans-based Entergy Corp. into one company that provides electricity to more than 1 million customers around the state.
- DC regulators reject proposed merger of Exelon, Pepco Updated: Aug-25-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Regulators in the District of Columbia rejected the proposed merger of power companies Exelon and Pepco on Tuesday, saying the deal would not benefit ratepayers.
- Illinois man denies cancer drug smuggling conspiracy charge Updated: Aug-25-15 4:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - An Illinois man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to conspiring with an online Canadian pharmacy to smuggle mislabeled, unapproved and, in two cases, counterfeit prescription drugs into the U.S. to sell to doctors.
- Medtronic to spend $458M on heart valve developer Updated: Aug-25-15 1:10 pm
Medical device maker Medtronic will pay up to $458 million for a privately held company that is developing a heart valve replacement.
- Encana selling Louisiana assets for $850 million Updated: Aug-25-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - Energy company Encana Corp. is selling its Haynesville natural gas assets in Louisiana in northern Louisiana to GEP Haynesville LLC for $850 million.
- Craft brewers hoping bills are right brew to boost industry Updated: Aug-22-15 12:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Members of the New Jersey's craft brewers guild- a group small enough to fit in one restaurant booth a few years ago and now numbering around 70 - worry state law is murky on whether they can sell their suds at farmers markets or if local food trucks can serve patrons at microbreweries.
- A shared history at Smuggler Mine Updated: Aug-22-15 3:07 am
ASPEN, Colorado - With the recent sale of the historic Smuggler Mine, there are still four friends keeping the site's mining history alive, continuing the age-old Aspen tradition of exploring underground. Chris Preusch, Shane Stevenson, Fred Wilson and Jay Parker couldn't be happier underground, burrowing into the side of the mountain that seems to have been forgotten since the mining boom ended over a century ago.
- Vikings to buy Eagan site for possible HQ, training facility Updated: Aug-21-15 4:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings, already bound for a glitzy new stadium, said Friday they could have another move in store - to the former headquarters of Northwest Airlines in Eagan.
- Farms sold as future of Fort Lyon water remains murky Updated: Aug-21-15 9:25 am
PUEBLO, Colorado - Neighbors are waiting to see what will happen to their water supply after the sales of Fort Lyon farms were finalized last week.
- Diocese of Camden to sell off 4 elderly care facilities Updated: Aug-21-15 5:17 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The Diocese of Camden has announced that it reached a $40 million agreement to sell four of its elderly care facilities.
- DuPont spinoff Chemours closing Delaware chemical plant Updated: Aug-20-15 3:52 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Chemours Co. is closing its Delaware titanium dioxide production facility, which employs about 200 workers, the former performance chemicals business spun off from the DuPont Co. said Thursday.
- Tropicana sale to Penn approved by gambling regulators Updated: Aug-20-15 2:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators say Penn National Gaming's $360 million purchase of the Tropicana Las Vegas hotel and casino can move forward.