- Tampa Tribune sells downtown headquarters to Miami developer Updated: Jul-31-15 2:13 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Tribune says it has sold its downtown Tampa building to a Miami developer.
- Cintas buying ZEE Medical from McKesson for $130 million Updated: Jul-31-15 2:04 pm
NEW YORK - Uniform and first aid products company Cintas Corp. is buying ZEE Medical from McKesson Corp. for about $130 million in cash, expanding its position in emergency services products.
- EU to probe FedEx takeover of Dutch rival TNT Updated: Jul-31-15 9:40 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is opening an in-depth probe into whether FedEx's proposed $4.9 billion takeover of Dutch company TNT would strangle competition in the massive market for small package deliveries.
- Berry Plastics buying Avintiv for $2.45 billion Updated: Jul-31-15 8:49 am
NEW YORK - Berry Plastics Group Inc. is buying Avintiv Inc. for about $2.45 billion.
- 2 sentenced to prison for mob-controlled takeover of company Updated: Jul-30-15 6:55 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Two Texas men have been sentenced to prison for their roles in a mob scheme to take control of a financial company.
- Post Register newspaper up for sale with 3 other papers Updated: Jul-30-15 2:53 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Post. Co. President Jerry Brady says the family-owned business that includes the Post Register and three other Idaho newspapers is for sale and there's an interested buyer.
- French, German tank makers sign tie-up agreement Updated: Jul-29-15 3:40 pm
PARIS - French and German executives from two of Europe's leading armored vehicle makers signed a long-awaited merger deal Wednesday aimed at creating a new European champion in the $50 billion annual terrestrial defense market.
- Mylan gets European clearance in proposed Perrigo takeover Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
NEW YORK - Mylan NV said Wednesday that it received European regulatory approval to move forward with its proposed buyout of Perrigo Co., which has resisted repeated overtures.
- Germany's HeidelbergCement to buy Italcementi Updated: Jul-29-15 7:07 am
BERLIN - Germany's HeidelbergCement AG says it plans to buy Italy's Italcementi, starting with the 1.67 billion euro ($1.85 billion) acquisition of a 45 percent stake.
- Candidates for governor propose privatizing parks Updated: Jul-28-15 7:23 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - How will Kentucky's next governor help pay for a $14 billion shortfall in public school teacher pensions and adding an extra 400,000 people to Medicaid? By cutting loose a portion of the state's 49 state parks.
- Regulators to press ahead on Missoula water sale review Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's Public Service Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to continue its review of a Canadian company's proposed purchase of Missoula's drinking water system while the city's attempt to acquire the system for itself plays out in court.
- SuperValu may spin off Save-A-Lot into separate company Updated: Jul-28-15 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - SuperValu said Tuesday that it may spin off its discount grocer Save-A-Lot into a separate publicly traded company as competition in the industry intensifies.
- Volkswagen sold more vehicles than Toyota in first half Updated: Jul-28-15 10:13 am
TOKYO - Volkswagen overtook Toyota in global vehicle sales for January-June, the first time the German automaker has come out top in the intensely competitive tallies.
- Proposed SFX sale fails to draw competing offers Updated: Jul-27-15 5:38 pm
NEW YORK - Electronic dance music promoter SFX Entertainment Inc. said Monday that it hasn't received any formal competing offers, putting the $490 million sale of the company to its CEO one step closer to closing.
- McGraw Hill Financial buying SNL Financial for about $2.23B Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - McGraw Hill Financial, owner of ratings agency Standard & Poor's, is buying SNL Financial for about $2.23 billion.
- Israel's Teva buys Allergan generic drug company for $40.5B Updated: Jul-27-15 8:16 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. said Monday it is purchasing Dublin-based Allergan PLC's generic pharmaceuticals business for $40.5 billion, in what Israeli analysts called the largest-ever acquisition by an Israeli company.
- Allergan to acquire Naurex as Teva talks continue Updated: Jul-26-15 3:28 pm
Allergan PLC, the Dublin-based pharmaceutical giant, announced Sunday it has agreed to buy Naurex, a developer of drugs for depression and other central nervous system disorders, for $560 million.
- Japanese automaker Mitsubishi Motors to end US production Updated: Jul-24-15 4:41 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - Mitsubishi Motors confirmed Friday that it plans to stop production at its only U.S. factory and sell the plant in central Illinois that has more than 1,200 workers.
- Gambling regulators approve Golden Gaming, Lakes merger Updated: Jul-23-15 6:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators say the owner of three Pahrump, Nevada casinos west of Las Vegas and 48 taverns across the state can merge with a casino company that owns a four-diamond casino-resort in Maryland.
- Casino deal is latest to separate gambling from real estate Updated: Jul-23-15 6:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - A deal involving Pinnacle Entertainment is the latest example of a casino company separating its gambling operations from its real estate to generate cash.
- Covenant Bank merging with Planters Bank Updated: Jul-23-15 4:58 pm
CLARKSDALE, Mississippi - Officials with Planters Bank and Trust Co. and Covenant Bank have announced a merger that will create a financial institution with $1 billion in assets.
- Japan's Nikkei lands Financial Times in $1.3 billion deal Updated: Jul-23-15 1:28 pm
LONDON - Japanese media company Nikkei Inc. is buying the Financial Times as part of an 844 million-pound ($1.3 billion) deal with Britain's Pearson PLC.
- Home Depot paying $1.63 billion for Interline Updated: Jul-22-15 8:55 am
NEW YORK - The Home Depot Inc. is buying Interline Brands Inc., which distributes maintenance and repair products, for just under $1.63 billion in cash.
- St. Jude Medical adds more heart devices in $3.4B buy Updated: Jul-22-15 8:32 am
NEW YORK - St. Jude Medical will spend $3.4 billion in cash to acquire Thoratec, further bulking up its array of devices that are used to treat heart conditions.
- Convent coal export terminal sells for $412 million Updated: Jul-22-15 7:25 am
CONVENT, Louisiana - SunCoke Energy Partners LP will expand into handling coal exports with the $412 million acquisition of Convent Marine Terminal, one of the Gulf Coast's largest export facilities.