- Massachusetts high school students' pipe dream comes true Updated: May-23-16 10:17 am
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - What started as a science-fair project became much more for three Leominster High School students.
- Colombia battles world's biggest drugmaker over cancer drug Updated: May-18-16 5:47 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's government is giving pharmaceutical giant Novartis a few weeks to lower prices on a popular cancer drug or see its monopoly on production of the medicine broken and competition thrown open to generic rivals.
- 2 counts dismissed in Navajo case against Urban Outfitters Updated: May-16-16 7:29 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal judge has dismissed two counts in a lawsuit the Navajo Nation filed against clothing retailer Urban Outfitters Inc.
- Astoria distillery changes name twice due to trademark woes Updated: May-15-16 3:02 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Astoria distillery has had to change its name for the second time due to trademark troubles.
- Apple loses Chinese lawsuit over iPhone name Updated: May-04-16 12:41 pm
BEIJING - Apple Inc. has lost a legal fight with a Chinese company that a Beijing court says is allowed to use the iPhone name on wallets and handbags.
- 'Happy Together' copyright dispute in NY top court Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court has agreed to rule on a case pitting the owner of The Turtles' 1967 hit "Happy Together" against Sirius XM Radio.
- Tentative deal in legal fight over Chicago nanny's photos Updated: May-03-16 6:49 pm
CHICAGO - A legal tussle over copyrights to photos from the 1950s onward shot by a Chicago nanny profiled in an Oscar-nominated documentary appeared close to a resolution Tuesday - though a dispute about who is Vivian Maier's rightful heir remains unresolved.
- High court to hear patent fight over adult diapers Updated: May-02-16 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court will resolve a patent dispute between companies that make adult diapers.
- Justices to hear copyright fight over cheerleaders' uniforms Updated: May-02-16 9:37 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is taking on a copyright dispute between two manufacturers of cheerleading uniforms.
- Haskell commencement speaker leading Redskins mascot fight Updated: Apr-28-16 8:39 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Haskell Indian Nations University graduate who is at the forefront in the fight to change the name of the Washington Redskins NFL team is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the university's commencement.
- US targets 11 countries for lax copyright protection Updated: Apr-27-16 9:35 am
WASHINGTON - China, Russia and India are among 11 countries targeted by the Obama administration for leaving American producers of music, movies and other copyrighted material open to rampant piracy.