- Gilead 1Q profit tumbles on slower hepatitis C drug sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Gilead Science Inc.'s earnings tumbled 17 percent in first quarter as steeper discounts and rebates on its blockbuster hepatitis C drugs cut into sales.
- LinkedIn posts higher-than-expected 1Q results Updated: Apr-28-16 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - LinkedIn posted stronger-than-expected results for the first quarter on Thursday, redeeming itself after a disappointing outlook a few months ago clobbered shares of the professional networking service.
- LinkedIn reports 1Q loss Updated: Apr-28-16 5:09 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported a loss of $45.8 million in its first quarter.
- Amgen posts 1Q sales, profit jumps, raises profit forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 5:05 pm
Amgen beat and then raised profit expectations after surging sales of its medicines, tight cost controls and other factors lifted the biologic drugmaker's first-quarter profit by 17 percent.
- US stocks skid as Apple pulls tech companies lower Updated: Apr-28-16 5:00 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks took their biggest loss in three weeks on Thursday after a late sell-off. Apple, which is mired in a slump, fell to its lowest price in about two months and dragged the tech sector sharply lower.
- Shares of Amazon jump on 1Q earnings beat Updated: Apr-28-16 4:49 pm
SEATTLE - Shares of Amazon.com Inc. surged Thursday after the e-commerce powerhouse reported better-than-expected first-quarter results fueled by a 28 percent jump in revenue.
- Amgen beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 4:21 pm
THOUSAND OAKS, California _ Amgen Inc. (AMGN) on Thursday reported first-quarter profit of $1.9 billion.
- Markets Right Now: Tech, energy stocks lead a broad decline Updated: Apr-28-16 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on financial markets. All times local.
- Investors arriving in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway meeting Updated: Apr-28-16 3:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Thousands of shareholders are starting to arrive in Omaha for the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.
- Symantec cuts 4Q outlook, CEO leaving Updated: Apr-28-16 2:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Shares of software security firm Symantec fell about 6 percent after the company cut its fourth quarter revenue outlook due to lower sales of traditional security products and an increase in subscription-based security products which result in deferred revenue.
- Aetna tops Street 1Q forecasts, hikes 2016 forecast Updated: Apr-28-16 2:14 pm
Aetna's first-quarter earnings slid nearly 7 percent as enrollment dipped, but the nation's third-largest health insurer topped Wall Street expectations and hiked its 2016 profit forecast.
- Johnson & Johnson hikes dividend at shareholders meeting Updated: Apr-28-16 1:48 pm
Health care giant Johnson & Johnson is increasing its dividend for the 54th consecutive year, news that cheered shareholders at a low-key annual meeting Thursday.
- More layoffs announced at Wyoming coal mines Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Alpha Natural Resources is laying off 37 workers at its Belle Ayr and Eagle Butte mines in northeast Wyoming.
- UPS 1st-quarter profit rises 10 percent, beating forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 1:39 pm
DALLAS - United Parcel Service Inc. said Thursday that first-quarter profit rose 10 percent to $1.13 billion, helped by an increase in both ground shipments and next-day air deliveries in the United States.
- Ford's 1Q net income doubles on truck, SUV sales Updated: Apr-28-16 1:35 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co.'s net income more than doubled to $2.5 billion in the first quarter on strong sales of trucks and SUVs worldwide.
- Shareholders criticize Pfizer after scrapped Allergan deal Updated: Apr-28-16 1:28 pm
Just weeks after the collapse of Pfizer's controversial deal to buy fellow drugmaker Allergan and move its headquarters to Ireland, company executives faced sharp criticism from shareholders at their annual meeting.
- Dunkin' targets Starbucks by highlighting espresso drinks Updated: Apr-28-16 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - Dunkin' Donuts is going after Starbucks' coveted customers by more aggressively featuring espresso drinks like lattes and macchiatos.
- Correction: Earns-On Assignment story Updated: Apr-28-16 11:39 am
CALABASAS, California - In a story April 27 about On Assignment Inc.'s quarterly earnings, generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research, The Associated Press reported erroneously that that company's adjusted results missed Wall Street estimates. On Assignment's adjusted earnings per share for the first quarter beat the average analyst estimate, according to Zacks.
- ADP's fiscal 3Q performance misses analysts' estimates Updated: Apr-28-16 10:48 am
ROSELAND, New Jersey - Automatic Data Processing Inc.'s fiscal third-quarter profit rose nearly 9 percent but results missed Wall Street's view.
- AbbVie tops Street 1Q forecasts, buying StemCentrx Updated: Apr-28-16 9:49 am
NEW YORK - AbbVie Inc. on Thursday reported a boost in first-quarter profit on higher sales of the drug Humira and said it will buy cancer drug developer StemCentrx for more than $5.8 billion.
- Burger King says hot dogs helped boost US sales Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Burger King's sales rose during the first quarter, boosted by the addition of hot dogs to the menu in the U.S.
- Dow Chemical 1Q profit hit by charges, adjusted results beat Updated: Apr-28-16 9:12 am
MIDLAND, Michigan - Dow Chemical's first-quarter profit slid mostly due a hefty charge tied to legal settlements, but the specialty chemicals maker's adjusted results topped analysts' estimates.
- Altria profit up 20 percent on higher cigarette shipments Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Altria, the owner of cigarette maker Philip Morris USA, said its first-quarter profit rose about 20 percent as it shipped more cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- ConocoPhillips moves to 1Q loss, adj. results top Street Updated: Apr-28-16 8:47 am
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips moved to a loss in its first quarter as it dealt with impairment charges and a pension settlement expense. Its adjusted results beat Wall Street's view.
- MasterCard 1Q performance beats analysts' expectations Updated: Apr-28-16 8:44 am
PURCHASE, New York - MasterCard's first-quarter performance topped analysts' estimates as it processed more transactions.