- Fiat Chrysler, Nissan report strong June US sales Updated: Jul-01-15 9:49 am
DETROIT - Nissan's U.S. sales rose more than 13 percent in June, while Fiat Chrysler posed an 8 percent gain as the auto industry headed for another healthy sales month.
- General Mills' sales hit by shoppers' turn against cereal Updated: Jul-01-15 7:55 am
NEW YORK - General Mills Inc.'s fourth-quarter profit fell and its revenue fell short of expectations as it deals with shoppers who are skipping the cereal aisle.
- ConAgra to sell store-brand food business Updated: Jun-30-15 12:44 pm
NEW YORK - ConAgra Foods Inc. plans to sell its faltering business that makes store-brand packaged food just two years after spending $5 billion to beef it up by buying the private-label foodmaker Ralcorp.
- ConAgra Foods to report its 4Q earnings Tuesday morning Updated: Jun-30-15 5:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Packaged food company ConAgra Foods Inc. will release its fourth-quarter earnings report Tuesday morning.
- Developer of $3.5B Bahamas megaresort files for bankruptcy Updated: Jun-29-15 6:48 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The developer of a $3.5 billion hotel-and-casino project under construction in the Bahamas announced Monday that it has filed for U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Blood-testing company asks court to set procedures for sale Updated: Jun-29-15 1:15 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Blood-testing company Health Diagnostic Laboratory Inc. has asked a bankruptcy court to set procedures for a sale.
- Blackhawk Mining plans to buy some Patriot Coal assets Updated: Jun-29-15 8:02 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Blackhawk Mining LLC says it plans to buy some of Patriot Coal's assets in southern West Virginia.
- Hyundai sees green future in hydrogen-powered cars Updated: Jun-29-15 6:25 am
YONGIN, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. said Monday it believes hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are the future for eco-friendly cars despite challenges of limited infrastructure and slow sales.
- Razorback Foundation nets $27.9 million in revenue for 2014 Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Public charity to University of Arkansas athletic programs is increasing, according to a recent IRS report.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- Micron Technology slumps following disappointing 3Q results Updated: Jun-25-15 7:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Shares of Micron Technology slumped in aftermarket trading Thursday after the chipmaker said the weak PC market hurt its business in its fiscal third quarter.
- Nike rises on 4Q results and new order outlook Updated: Jun-25-15 5:14 pm
BEAVERTON, Oregon - Nike's fourth-quarter profit and revenue grew, sending its shares higher in aftermarket trading.
- Molycorp files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Updated: Jun-25-15 10:58 am
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado - Rare earth metals company Molycorp has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- H&M sees Q2 revenue increase by 21 percent Updated: Jun-25-15 7:55 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish budget fashion chain Hennes & Mauritz AB says its second-quarter revenue increased 21 percent to 45.9 billion kronor ($5.6 billion), despite an unusually cold spring in many of its European markets.
- Colt announces $20M in financing to operate in Chapter 11 Updated: Jun-24-15 8:16 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Colt Defense has announced an agreement with its secured lenders for $20 million in credit to allow ordinary business operations to continue during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Monsanto posts higher 3Q profit, pursues Syngenta tie-up Updated: Jun-24-15 6:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Monsanto Co. reported better-than-expected earnings results for the third quarter on Wednesday as executives of the huge agricultural business continued to make a case for a $45 billion takeover of Swiss competitor, Syngenta AG.
- Oklahoma's personal income dips in 1st quarter of 2015 Updated: Jun-24-15 11:19 am
ENID, Oklahoma - A federal report shows a dip in Oklahoma's personal income in the first quarter of 2015.
- Big retailers feel pressure on Confederate flag merchandise Updated: Jun-23-15 7:55 pm
Even as national retailers pull Confederate flags from shelves and websites after the shooting deaths of nine black church members in South Carolina, manufacturers that produce the divisive symbol say that sales are now surging.
- Olive Garden sales up as gas prices and discounts fall Updated: Jun-23-15 10:47 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Olive Garden's quarterly sales rose 3.4 percent at established locations as customers spent more at the struggling Italian chain.
- Hershey to cut about 300 jobs, lowers 2015 revenue outlook Updated: Jun-19-15 2:38 pm
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - Hershey is expected to cut about 300 jobs by the end of the year as it looks to simplify its operations. The candy maker also cut its revenue outlook for the year.
- Controversial union bill seen as 'credit positive' Updated: Jun-19-15 2:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A major credit ratings agency is praising a recently approved bill allowing local governments in Nevada to tweak contracts with their unions during economic downturns.
- CarMax tops 1Q profit forecasts, but revenue disappoints Updated: Jun-19-15 12:20 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - CarMax, the chain of used car dealerships, reported better-than-expected earnings in its fiscal first-quarter, but its sales growth came up short as used car prices slipped.
- KB Home profit slides but tops 2Q forecasts Updated: Jun-19-15 12:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Shares of KB Home jumped Friday after the custom home builder reported better-than-expected results for the second-quarter, delivered more homes for a higher average selling price and said its backlog of orders spiked.
- Allegiant Air faces labor disputes, questions as board meets Updated: Jun-18-15 5:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - Issues continue to circle overhead for low-fare Allegiant Air as directors gathered in the profitable company's Las Vegas headquarters Thursday for a shareholder meeting.
- Kroger 1st-qtr earnings rise, top expectations Updated: Jun-18-15 9:28 am
CINCINNATI - Kroger's fiscal first-quarter profit rose, free of some pension-related charges that weighed it down last year.