- US stocks end a down week on an up note Updated: Feb-12-16 5:04 pm
U.S. stocks ended a down week on a high note Friday, snapping a five-day losing streak on the strength of energy and financial companies.
- Pandora shares fall sharply after earnings misses forecasts Updated: Feb-12-16 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of the Pandora Media plummeted Friday, a day after the Internet radio company reported fourth-quarter earnings that fell short of Wall Street expectations.
- US retail sales rise as consumers shrug off stock price drop Updated: Feb-12-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. retail sales rose modestly in January, evidence that Americans kept shopping despite sharp drops in stock prices.
- Renault reports higher earnings as sales rise Updated: Feb-12-16 8:49 am
PARIS - French car maker Renault says higher sales and further progress on its industrial turnaround plan helped drive a nearly 1 billion euro increase in its earnings last year.
- Scandal-hit Volkswagen sees US sales fall 7 pct in January Updated: Feb-12-16 8:19 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Automaker Volkswagen says global sales rose 3.7 percent in January, held back by sagging economies in Brazil and Russia and by an emissions scandal that hurt figures in the United States.
- Pandora CEO declines comment on sale report, shares recede Updated: Feb-11-16 8:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Pandora Media's stock retreated in after-hours trading Thursday after the Internet radio giant's fourth-quarter earnings fell short of expectations and its CEO declined to comment on a report that the company is looking to sell itself.
- Group questions Peabody Energy's coal mine self-bonding Updated: Feb-11-16 6:59 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - An environmental group is formally questioning Peabody Energy's ability to fully bond its coal mines in Wyoming and elsewhere in the Rocky Mountain region, saying the St. Louis-based company has insufficient funding to qualify for self-bonding.
- Correction: Earns-Rapid7 story Updated: Feb-11-16 4:19 pm
BOSTON - In a story Feb. 10 about Rapid7 earnings - generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research - The Associated Press reported erroneously the company's full-year earnings. The company reported a net loss of $99.1 million, or $4 per share attributable to common stockholders for the year.
- Shares of travel websites Expedia and TripAdvisor soar Updated: Feb-11-16 3:50 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Expedia and TripAdvisor soared Thursday, even though the travel website companies reported differing results for the fourth quarter.
- Huntsman beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 2:15 pm
THE WOODLANDS, Texas - Huntsman Corp. (HUN) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $4 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.
- Nokia says quarterly profit rose but cautions on outlook Updated: Feb-11-16 1:53 pm
HELSINKI - Nokia Corp. saw fourth-quarter profit grow more than 50 percent to 498 million euros ($560 million) on a slight increase in sales, but the telecom networks company cautioned it would face some "market headwinds," especially in China.
- L'Oreal 2015 sales up across markets, net profit down Updated: Feb-11-16 12:53 pm
PARIS - Leading global cosmetics company L'Oreal saw its sales grow 12 percent last year, with increases across old and new markets despite difficulties in Brazil and global economic uncertainty.
- Kellogg cuts costs, says US cereal sales show improvement Updated: Feb-11-16 12:49 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Kellogg said Thursday its struggling U.S. cereal business showed improvement in the fourth quarter, while steep cost-cutting helped mitigate its loss for the period.
- PepsiCo's revenue in North America climbs, helped by pricing Updated: Feb-11-16 12:13 pm
NEW YORK - PepsiCo said revenue for its North American snacks and drinks units rose in the fourth quarter, boosted by pricing.
- Reynolds American 4Q profit jumps, but misses forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 10:07 am
NEW YORK - Cigarette maker Reynolds American's fourth-quarter profit shot up 89 percent compared to the final quarter of 2014, when earnings fell due to some one-time costs.
- Reynolds American misses 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:57 am
WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina _ Reynolds American Inc. (RAI) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $279 million.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:47 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $156 million.
- Molson Coors misses 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:35 am
DENVER - Molson Coors Brewing Co. (TAP) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $32.8 million.
- Oil price drop pushes Total profit down 26 percent Updated: Feb-11-16 6:47 am
PARIS - Total says its fourth quarter earnings skidded 26 percent as the collapse in oil prices hit another global energy giant.
- Societe Generale shares slump on profit warning Updated: Feb-11-16 4:55 am
PARIS - Shares in Societe Generale slumped Thursday after the French bank warned it would not achieve a targeted increase in profitability this year.
- Rio Tinto posts $866M loss, blames deteriorating economy Updated: Feb-11-16 3:40 am
SYDNEY - Mining company Rio Tinto said Thursday it suffered a loss of $866 million in 2015 as deteriorating economic conditions around the world pressured prices of commodities such as iron ore and coal.
- Cisco tops Street fiscal 2nd-quarter forecasts Updated: Feb-10-16 7:11 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems Inc. reported better-than-expected quarterly results and announced a stock buyback plan and dividend increase, sending its shares higher in extended trading.
- Wyoming, Arch Coal reach bankruptcy bonding deal Updated: Feb-10-16 6:53 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming regulators have reached a deal with Arch Coal to accept up to $75 million in place of the company's $486 million in bonding obligations in the state while the company goes through Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Louisiana revenue forecasts drop again; budget gap at $850M Updated: Feb-10-16 6:29 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's budget gap grew worse Wednesday, reaching a projection of at least $850 million and placing government services at risk of deep cuts, with only four months remaining to rebalance the state's spending plan.
- Whole Foods forecasts key sales figure could slip for year Updated: Feb-10-16 6:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Whole Foods says its sales at established locations slipped in its fiscal first quarter and forecast the figure to be flat to down 2 percent for the year, as it works to keep prices down and fend off rivals.