- Caesars appeals court ruling that opens it up to $364M claim Updated: Nov-25-15 3:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Casino giant Caesars Entertainment is appealing a bankruptcy court ruling that could put it on the hook for nearly $364 million.
- Deere's profit tops forecasts even as its sales fall sharply Updated: Nov-25-15 3:13 pm
MOLINE, Illinois - Even though sales of its green tractors, bulldozers and other equipment fell sharply, Deere & Co. reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings as it cut costs.
- HP's last earnings report shows decline Updated: Nov-24-15 5:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard went out with a whimper Tuesday, as the venerable computer-maker issued its final quarterly earnings report as a unified tech conglomerate, showing another drop in sales for most of its business divisions.
- Campbell Soup shares soar on strong earnings, outlook Updated: Nov-24-15 4:54 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Shares of Campbell Soup jumped to a 16-year high after the soup, snacks and pasta maker's fiscal first-quarter adjusted profit topped analysts' estimates and the company increased its full-year earnings forecast.
- Shares of Spam maker Hormel soar after strong 4Q earnings Updated: Nov-24-15 3:21 pm
AUSTIN, Minnesota - Shares of Hormel Foods jumped to an all-time high Tuesday after the maker of Spam canned ham and other foods surprised Wall Street with strong results for the fourth quarter and offered a better-than-expected earnings outlook for the year.
- Lottery chief reports revenue decline, defends private firm Updated: Nov-24-15 3:15 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Revenue for the New Jersey lottery fell by $5 million in 2015, but officials said Tuesday the state's contract with a private firm helped stop further losses.
- Strong dollar pressures Tiffany in 3rd quarter Updated: Nov-24-15 12:10 pm
NEW YORK - Tiffany's fiscal third-quarter results missed analysts' estimates, hampered by a strong dollar and uncertain economic conditions. The luxury jeweler also lowered its full-year earnings guidance.
- US bank earnings rose 5.1 percent in July-September quarter Updated: Nov-24-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. banks' earnings rose 5.1 percent in the July-September quarter from a year earlier, largely because of a drop in legal expenses for the largest financial services companies.
- Dollar Tree misses 3Q profit forecasts Updated: Nov-24-15 8:01 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Dollar Tree Inc. (DLTR) on Tuesday reported fiscal third-quarter net income of $81.9 million.
- Funding Board sets moderate growth projection in Tennessee Updated: Nov-24-15 3:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The State Funding Board has issued its official revenue projections for the current and next budget years that fall below the estimates presented by experts earlier this month.
- Atlantic City casino profit up 61 percent in 3rd quarter Updated: Nov-23-15 2:49 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos saw their gross operating profits increase by 61 percent in the third quarter of this year.
- Researchers expect Ohio holiday retail growth Updated: Nov-23-15 1:10 pm
CINCINNATI - Lower gas prices along with Ohio's overall economic improvement make for a jolly state holiday retail sales outlook above national projections, according to an annual forecast released Monday.
- GameStop tumbles with quarter, outlook far from being boss Updated: Nov-23-15 11:10 am
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Shares of GameStop slumped 14 percent after the video game retailer's third-quarter revenue and profit numbers were curbed by lower-than-expected sales of new software and hardware, and also some delayed store openings.
- Abercrombie cuts back on sales and it pays off in 3Q Updated: Nov-20-15 10:03 am
NEW ALBANY, Ohio - Taking a path at odds with other retailers who have slashed prices to lure customers through the door, Abercrombie & Fitch focused instead on reinvigorating its brand and it paid off in the third quarter as profits more than doubled.
- Mohegan Sun posts strong 4Q profit jump, slight revenue rise Updated: Nov-19-15 8:35 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Fourth-quarter revenue rose slightly at the Mohegan Sun casinos as profit jumped 86 percent due to cost-cutting and rising popularity of table games, their parent company said Thursday.
- Contempt concern scrubs hearing on Wyoming coal mine permit Updated: Nov-19-15 6:48 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A landowners group withdrew its request Thursday for a hearing on a Wyoming coal mine's permit amid the possibility it could be held in contempt of court.
- Gap cuts profit outlook after sales fall short Updated: Nov-19-15 6:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Gap Inc. on Thursday cut its profit outlook for the year after reporting disappointing sales for its third quarter.
- UnitedHealth cuts outlook, casts doubt on overhaul exchanges Updated: Nov-19-15 4:48 pm
The nation's largest health insurer is questioning its future in public insurance exchanges, the latest signal of major concerns about the online marketplaces that have helped the Affordable Care Act extend coverage to millions of people.
- Intel rises following revenue forecast, dividend boost Updated: Nov-19-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - Intel stock climbed Thursday after the chipmaker said it expects its revenue to grow again next year and raised its quarterly dividend.
- Aberdeen mayor: Once-shuttered beef plant processing cattle Updated: Nov-19-15 3:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The new owners of an Aberdeen beef plant that closed in 2012 have fired up the equipment and are processing dozens of cattle a day, the city's mayor said.
- Best Buy reports weak 3Q sales, cautious outlook Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
NEW YORK - Best Buy shares plunged Thursday after reporting disappointing quarterly sales and a cautious outlook for the key holiday shopping season as it faces price pressures and tougher competition from online stores.
- Smucker beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Nov-19-15 7:30 am
ORRVILLE, Ohio - J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM) on Thursday reported fiscal second-quarter profit of $176 million.
- Audi says US sales undiminished by diesel emissions scandal Updated: Nov-18-15 10:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - The emissions-rigging scandal that has engulfed German auto giant Volkswagen will not diminish sales of one of its luxury brands in the United States, the head of Audi of America predicted Wednesday.
- Keurig Green Mountain tops Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Nov-18-15 5:36 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Shares of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. soared in extended trading Wednesday after the company reported better-than-expected results and raised its dividend.
- Target profit climbs as customer traffic increases Updated: Nov-18-15 5:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Target says its sales rose 1.9 percent at established locations in the third quarter as it worked to revive its business by strengthening flagship categories like clothing and children's products.