- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 8:04 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported second-quarter net income of $176 million.
- P&G's sales dip again on softer volume, exchange rates Updated: Jul-30-15 7:49 am
CINCINNATI - Procter & Gamble's sales fell for the sixth straight quarter, as the world's bigger consumer goods company was weighed down by softer sales volume and unfavorable currency exchange rates.
- ADP misses Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 7:20 am
ROSELAND, New Jersey - Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP) on Thursday reported fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $336.2 million.
- Starwood Hotels tops Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 7:19 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. (HOT) on Thursday reported second-quarter earnings of $136 million.
- Shell to cut jobs to cope with long period of cheap oil Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
LONDON - Royal Dutch Shell announced deep cuts to jobs and investment on Thursday as the global energy giant prepares for a prolonged period of low oil prices.
- Cigna tops Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 6:43 am
BLOOMFIELD, Connecticut - Cigna Corp. (CI) on Thursday reported second-quarter profit of $588 million.
- Nokia profit grows as networks division leads turnaround Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 am
HELSINKI - Nokia enjoyed a solid 60 percent rise in net profit in the second quarter, with a good performance in its core networks division suggesting the Finnish company is succeeding in turning its business around since selling its handsets operation to Microsoft in 2013.
- Time Warner Cable misses Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 6:22 am
NEW YORK - Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) on Thursday reported second-quarter profit of $463 million.
- Bankruptcy court denies Caesars Entertainment's quick appeal Updated: Jul-30-15 6:19 am
LAS VEGAS - A bankruptcy court that ruled lawsuits against Caesars Entertainment Corp. would not be halted as the company's debt-heavy subsidiary attempts to emerge from Chapter 11 has also denied the casino company's effort to fast-track an appeal of the decision to a higher court.
- Renault profit rises in 1st half on European rebound Updated: Jul-30-15 4:19 am
PARIS - French carmaker Renault has reported a sharp rise in its first-half profit as the European car market rebounded strongly in the period.
- Spain's Repsol profits down 44 percent in Q2 Updated: Jul-30-15 4:16 am
MADRID - Spanish energy company Repsol says its second-quarter profit fell by 44 percent compared with the same period last year following a sharp drop in oil prices and given that 2014 profits had been boosted by a one-off capital gain.
- Deutsche Bank CEO: Q2 profits 'nowhere near good enough' Updated: Jul-30-15 4:16 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Deutsche Bank's net profit rose in the second quarter, but legal expenses stemming from investigations of the bank's past conduct also increased and the bank's new co-CEO said its financial performance was unsatisfactory.
- Drug firm AstraZeneca reports slide in earnings Updated: Jul-30-15 4:10 am
LONDON - Anglo-Swedish drug firm AstraZeneca says second-quarter net income fell 12 percent to $697 million as competition from generic drug companies reduced sales.
- Lower oil prices push Italian oil company Eni to 2Q loss Updated: Jul-30-15 3:43 am
MILAN - Italian oil and gas company Eni says it lost 113 million euros ($124 million) in the second quarter due to a sharp decline in oil prices.
- Sony quarterly profit up 3-fold on currency gains, sensors Updated: Jul-30-15 3:22 am
TOKYO - Sony said quarterly profit rose threefold as foreign exchange gains and sales of image sensors and Playstation 4 software helped offset declines elsewhere.
- Royal Bank of Scotland reports rise in 2nd quarter profits Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 am
LONDON - Taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland says second-quarter net income rose 27 percent to 293 million pounds ($458 million) as the British government prepares to sell its stake.
- Sanofi reports higher profit in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-30-15 2:46 am
PARIS - Drugmaker Sanofi has reported a sharp rise in profits in the second quarter as higher sales from its Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech unit Genzyme helped offset by cuts in the price of the company's diabetes treatment Lantus in the U.S.
- Lufthansa sees Q2 profit soar, helped by cheaper fuel Updated: Jul-30-15 2:34 am
BERLIN - Lufthansa says its earnings trebled in the second quarter compared with a year earlier, helped by falling fuel costs.
- Galaxy S6 fails to reverse profit decline at Samsung Updated: Jul-30-15 2:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics suffered a fifth straight drop in quarterly earnings as the Galaxy S6 failed to reverse its declining fortunes in global smartphone sales.
- Whole Foods: Sales hurt by bad publicity from overcharging Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Whole Foods is feeling pinched after New York City officials found it was overcharging customers.
- Wynn Resorts profit drops 72 percent in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-29-15 7:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Wynn Resorts Ltd.'s profit fell 72 percent in the second quarter, stymied by an on-going decline in the Asian gambling enclave of Macau and fewer high-roller Chinese baccarat players in Las Vegas.
- Facebook 2Q results soar as user base, mobile ads grow Updated: Jul-29-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook is attracting advertising dollars to where its users are - on mobile devices.
- Correction: Earns-TowneBank story Updated: Jul-29-15 6:38 pm
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - In a story July 24 about TowneBank earnings -- generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research -- The Associated Press reported erroneously the company's headquarters location. It is based in Portsmouth, Virginia.
- Former head of investment firm sentenced on bankruptcy fraud Updated: Jul-29-15 6:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Ridgeland man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison after pleading guilty to one count of bankruptcy fraud.
- Qorvo tumbles aftermarket following fiscal 2Q outlook Updated: Jul-29-15 5:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Shares of chipmaker Qorvo plunged in aftermarket trading Wednesday after its fiscal second-quarter forecast fell short of Wall Street's forecasts.