- Nestle terminates IAAF sponsorship over doping scandal Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
LONDON - Food and beverage giant Nestle told the IAAF on Wednesday that it terminated its sponsorship of athletics' governing body over fears the doping scandal could damage the company's image.
- California court throws out caddie lawsuit against PGA Tour Updated: Feb-10-16 1:50 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - Caddies lost their class-action lawsuit against the PGA Tour when a federal judge in California ruled they signed a contract with the tour that requires them to wear bibs as part of their uniform and cannot claim that corporate sponsorship on the bibs makes them human billboards.
- Paris secures sponsors; presents logo for 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Feb-09-16 3:48 pm
PARIS - Paris ramped up its bid for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, securing about 8 million euros ($8.9 million) in four sponsorship deals and presenting its Eiffel Tower-shaped logo in a ceremony on the Champs Elysees.
- In Tech: Google ads, Verizon video, domain leadership Updated: Feb-09-16 3:07 pm
Google is helping to promote the fight against extremism through its own digital advertising network.
- World of Outlaws signs Sears and Craftsman as title sponsor Updated: Feb-01-16 1:19 pm
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - The World of Outlaws received a major boost Monday when Sears and Craftsman announced a three-year deal to become title sponsor of the dirt track racing series.
- Adidas says it is seeking more information from IAAF Updated: Jan-25-16 4:27 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Adidas, a major sponsor of global athletics, is in "close contact" with track and field's governing body, the IAAF, about the sport's doping and corruption scandals, the sportswear company said Monday, amid reports it is considering ending its sponsorship.
- Idaho legislators back rule allowing advertising in parks Updated: Jan-22-16 5:32 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Some Idaho lawmakers are backing a state rule that would give private sponsors the ability to name state parks.
- Sande's leadership helped Reno's PGA Tour event survive Updated: Jan-22-16 2:02 am
RENO, Nevada - There were times John Sande III thought the Reno-Tahoe Open, now known as the Barracuda Championship, might not make it.
- Hyundai reaches deal as title sponsor PGA Tour's LA event Updated: Jan-20-16 2:33 pm
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California - Hyundai has reached a deal to become the title sponsor of the PGA Tour event at Riviera Country Club, following Northern Trust's decision to shift from the Los Angeles tournament to the FedEx Cup playoff opener in the New York/New Jersey area.
- Northern Trust to shift title sponsorship from LA to NY Updated: Jan-19-16 1:34 pm
HONOLULU - Northern Trust is moving its title sponsorship on the PGA Tour from Los Angeles to New York and will become the opening FedEx Cup playoff event next year, which could create a small domino effect of sponsors.