- Blue Bell OKs deal on listeria with Alabama health officials Updated: Jun-02-15 12:37 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Blue Bell Creameries says it has entered a voluntary agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health that includes requiring the company to inform the state whenever there is a positive test result for listeria in its products or ingredients.
- Army sergeant accused of taking bribes in Afghanistan Updated: Jun-01-15 5:17 pm
PADUCAH, Kentucky - An Army sergeant from Fort Campbell has been accused of taking $100,000 and a Rolex watch in bribes from vendors seeking contracts in Afghanistan.
- Washington tries to deal with overflowing prisons Updated: Jun-01-15 12:57 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Washington Department of Corrections has signed a contract with a prison company to allow up to 1,000 of the state's inmates to be housed in rural Michigan.
- SD's Raven Industries gets $6M contract for aerostats Updated: Jun-01-15 12:28 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls balloon maker has been awarded a $6 million Department of Defense contract for blimps known as aerostats.
- 2 court fights after failed Atlantic City loan program Updated: May-29-15 6:25 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The future of a company that Atlantic City's former mayor gave $3 million to run a loan program that has yet to make a loan is being sorted out in two courts.
- State wins court order in UPMC-Highmark fight over Medicare Updated: May-29-15 6:23 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf and Attorney General Kathleen Kane hailed a court decision Friday that they had sought in a bid to protect Medicare Advantage enrollees caught in the middle of a feud between two western Pennsylvania health care giants.
- Navy awards EB $46M contract for overhaul of submarine Updated: May-29-15 4:26 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy has awarded a $46 million contract to Electric Boat to support maintenance work on the submarine USS Montpelier.
- Beret manufacturer wins contract worth more than $29 million Updated: May-29-15 6:20 am
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - The federal government has awarded a Rhode Island firm a contract worth more than $29 million to produce berets for American military personnel.
- Texas lawmakers reach agreement on open carry bill Updated: May-28-15 8:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers on Thursday negotiated a final version of a bill allowing licensed open carry of handguns, easing concerns of police and priming it for a vote that would send it to Gov. Greg Abbott.
- NC toll road moves ahead with contractor guilty of fraud Updated: May-28-15 6:50 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - North Carolina transportation officials are pushing ahead with an embattled toll road outside Charlotte, even after a politically connected paving contractor involved in the $840-million project pleaded guilty last year to defrauding taxpayers.
- 12 schemes outlined by prosecutors in soccer indictment Updated: May-27-15 10:42 pm
The indictment of soccer officials and marketing and TV executives Wednesday alleges 12 schemes:
- Ex-Fresno resident pleads guilty to $1.25 million scam Updated: May-27-15 8:08 am
FRESNO, California - Federal prosecutors say a former Fresno resident has pleaded guilty to mail fraud and identity theft in connection to a scam where he collected $1.25 million from government contractors and the federal government.
- Highlights from around the state Capitol Updated: May-24-15 10:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers on Sunday opted to water down a major attempt to reduce the rising costs of a program offering free college tuition to veterans' children, relenting amid criticism that cutting the benefits too deeply wouldn't be fair to those who sacrifice so much.
- Anger builds among unionized workforce at Bath Iron Works Updated: May-23-15 9:23 am
BATH, Maine - The last time Bath Iron Works looked beyond Navy shipbuilding, workers agreed to a contract aimed at boosting efficiency by allowing shipbuilders to learn and perform multiple tasks. President Clinton heaped praise on the shipyard for innovation, but those provisions were tossed aside a couple of years later.
- Vanguard Natural Resources to acquire Eagle Rock Energy Updated: May-22-15 10:40 am
HOUSTON - Vanguard Natural Resources LLC will acquire Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP in a $474 million deal.
- Congo assesses $6.7 billion contracts with Chinese Updated: May-21-15 11:58 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's government is bringing in outside experts to investigate the long-term impact of some $6.7 billion in contracts with Chinese companies that critics say could exploit the central African nation's mineral riches.
- Bath Iron Works awarded $11.3M defense contract modification Updated: May-21-15 6:07 am
BATH, Maine - The U.S. Department of Defense has awarded Bath Iron Works an $11.3 million contract modification to work on maintenance systems for the entire littoral combat ship program.
- Fight over sale of state prison heard at Ohio Supreme Court Updated: May-20-15 11:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The status of the nation's first privately-owned state prison was debated in Ohio on Wednesday, as litigation brought on behalf of union workers displaced by the historic sale was argued before the state's high court.
- Loans, taxes, regulations on small business election agenda Updated: May-20-15 6:20 am
There are no "one size fits all" issues for small business in the 2016 presidential campaign. While candidates try to appeal to all small businesses, many owners want very specific things. A sample of what's on the agenda of some individual owners, and two small business advocacy groups:
- Use of video visits for inmates grows, along with concerns Updated: May-20-15 3:40 am
RICHMOND, Texas - Four-year-old William Cole saw his father's face and reached out to touch it during a jail visit. But he could only feel a video screen.
- New Jersey lowers lottery's revenue projections by $25M Updated: May-19-15 5:26 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The state's lottery is bringing in less money than Republican Gov. Chris Christie's administration expected this fiscal year.
- Vermont to move out-of-state inmates to Michigan Updated: May-19-15 5:14 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont inmates being held in private Kentucky and Arizona prisons will be moved to a facility in Michigan under terms of a new contract the Department of Corrections signed with a different private prison operator, the department said Tuesday.
- No charges in demolition contracts of Tar Creek site Updated: May-19-15 4:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Charges won't be filed against members of a public board after an apparent low bidder was passed over for demolition work on the Tar Creek Superfund cleanup site.
- Interim committees to review Idaho's broadband, contracts Updated: May-19-15 4:07 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Lawmakers may be done setting the state budget and passing laws, but they'll continue to work on reviewing hot button issues varying from multi-million contracts, school broadband access and public defense reform.
- Rhode Island Fast Ferry awarded 20-year transport contract Updated: May-19-15 6:10 am
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - A coastal Rhode Island company has been awarded a transport contract for a new Deepwater Wind project.