- Court details rules for immunity in medical marijuana cases Updated: Jul-28-15 7:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says judges should follow a four-part test before trial to determine whether defendants in cases involving medical marijuana are immune from prosecution.
- Man sentenced in widely-watched medical marijuana case Updated: Jul-24-15 5:31 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The only member of the so-called "Kettle Falls Five" marijuana-growing family to plead guilty has received a 16-month sentence, but will remain out of custody pending an appeal.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- Oregon TV anchor fired after testing positive for marijuana Updated: Jul-24-15 4:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon television anchor has turned into a marijuana activist after being fired for testing positive for the drug.
- Lack of inspector could delay medical marijuana in Las Vegas Updated: Jul-24-15 4:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Dozens of medical marijuana businesses in Las Vegas may be forced to delay their openings while the state tries to fill regulatory positions designed to ensure dispensaries are complying with the law.
- Arrest affidavit offers look into case against Kansas mom Updated: Jul-23-15 5:31 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - An arrest affidavit for a west Kansas woman accused of endangering her 11-year-old son by keeping marijuana around the house states the boy was able to draw a picture of the vaporizer she used to turn pot into cannabis oil.
- Advent of medical marijuana has Arizona courts at odds Updated: Jul-23-15 5:17 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona courts appear at odds over the possible impact of legalized medical marijuana on the ability of police to conduct searches prompted solely by officers smelling the drug.
- Iowa, federal rules differ over marijuana oil extract Updated: Jul-23-15 3:40 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Dubuque mother whose state cannabis card allows her to give oil extracted from marijuana to her epileptic son said she administers it in the parking lot of the boy's care center because the facility doesn't allow the treatment inside.
- Number of marijuana patients in RI doubles since 2013 Updated: Jul-23-15 7:46 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state Department of Health reports the number of patients enrolled in the state's medical marijuana program has more than doubled since 2013.
- Coalition to give voice to medical marijuana patients Updated: Jul-23-15 4:16 am
CHICAGO - More than a dozen groups have formed a statewide coalition to make sure patients can get access to medical marijuana under Illinois' new pilot program.
- Medical dispensary files lawsuit over Medford pot sale ban Updated: Jul-22-15 1:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford's ban on pot sales is facing a lawsuit from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Wyoming begins offering hemp registration cards Updated: Jul-22-15 5:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming epilepsy patients can now apply for hemp extract registration cards through the Wyoming Department of Health.
- Legal marijuana competes with hash-oil black market Updated: Jul-20-15 1:09 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Amy Zimmerman's left calf was covered in second-degree burns after a Memorial Day campfire accident. To help heal the burns, she applied a medicinal salve made with hash oil.
- State panel postpones vote on medical marijuana for autism Updated: Jul-20-15 12:41 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A vote to recommend whether some forms of autism should qualify for medical marijuana in Michigan was postponed Monday to give an advisory panel more time to study hundreds of pages of research.
- Marijuana exec puts up Illinois tornado victims at hotel Updated: Jul-19-15 3:13 pm
CHICAGO - People who lost their homes when a tornado roared through their central Illinois town last week received help from a new neighbor: the top executive of a medical marijuana-growing company.
- Medical marijuana, now legal, still not easy to get for some Updated: Jul-19-15 12:28 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - It's a 400-mile, seven-hour, $100 or more journey from Maria Botker's home in tiny Clinton to the nearest clinic where she can buy medical marijuana - the only drug that does the trick for her daughter's rare and aggressive seizure disorder.
- Shrinking Kodak takes on new role: startup landlord Updated: Jul-18-15 3:34 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - The chemical know-how and machines that spooled out countless miles of film are being eyed for medical marijuana and solar cells, while the private rail line now carries tomatoes alongside coal as photography pioneer Kodak, its bankruptcy behind it, embraces a new role: startup landlord.
- Olympia vets: Switch from pharmaceuticals to pot Updated: Jul-18-15 4:05 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Andrew Collins no longer has a cocktail of 17 prescriptions coursing through his body.
- Southwest Oregon county puts pot sales on fall ballot Updated: Jul-17-15 10:02 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - Voters will decide in 2016 whether to bar marijuana sales in the unincorporated parts of Douglas County.
- New Mexico medical marijuana producers' names to be released Updated: Jul-16-15 6:34 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The names of state medical marijuana dispensaries and their employees will soon be made public, Gov. Susana Martinez announced.
- Documents: More than $100K spent on medical cannabis cards Updated: Jul-16-15 5:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's medical cannabis oil program has cost the state more than $100,000 to create and issue registration cards to about 50 people, even as the effort has faced criticism that it's cumbersome and largely useless.
- Could Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket miss out on medical pot? Updated: Jul-16-15 11:31 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts has a cannabis conundrum.
- Pot-pioneering Colorado rejects marijuana as PTSD treatment Updated: Jul-16-15 11:11 am
DENVER - Colorado is known for pushing boundaries on marijuana, but health officials' decision to reject pot as a treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder shows the issue is far from settled.
- Applications for Oregon marijuana dispensaries increasing Updated: Jul-15-15 6:27 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Applications for permits to open new medical pot dispensaries are increasing as the state prepares to allow the businesses to sell retail marijuana to anyone over 21.
- Lawmaker behind medical marijuana law joins cannabis firm Updated: Jul-15-15 3:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A state lawmaker who pushed Minnesota's medical marijuana law and helped one company make connections in its bid for a state manufacturing contract will join that firm, he said this week.