- Man who got life for marijuana charge goes free in Missouri Updated: Sep-01-15 5:54 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A man sentenced to life without parole on a marijuana-related charge was freed Tuesday from a Missouri prison after being behind bars for more than two decades - a period in which the nation's attitudes toward pot steadily softened.
- 17 in running for medical marijuana producer licenses in NM Updated: Sep-01-15 12:43 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Health says a committee has whittled down from 86 to 17 the number of applicants seeking licenses to produce medical marijuana.
- Strict medical pot testing rules stifle dispensary supplies Updated: Sep-01-15 11:55 am
LAS VEGAS - Nevada labs are nixing pounds of medical marijuana that don't meet state standards, putting a premium on pot and delaying at least one dispensary from opening.
- New laws on marijuana, truancy, drones take effect in Texas Updated: Sep-01-15 1:08 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas is taking its first step toward easing limits on medical marijuana - even as it imposes bans on synthetic forms of the drug.
- Salem City Council to weigh early marijuana sales Updated: Aug-31-15 2:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Salem City Council will have to decide whether to allow "early sales" of recreational marijuana.
- Ruling: Medical pot caregivers must abide by amount limit Updated: Aug-31-15 9:17 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A new Arizona court ruling says medical marijuana caregivers must abide by the legal limit set by state law for how much pot they can possess to provide to qualified registered patients.
- Medical marijuana cultivation center takes shape near Anna Updated: Aug-31-15 4:18 am
ANNA, Illinois - The owner of a southern Illinois medical marijuana cultivation center says he expects his new facility to be complete by next month.
- Governor's marijuana council establishes areas of focus Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A council appointed by Gov. Matt Mead to study the potential impacts of medical marijuana legalization in Wyoming has established specific issues it will focus on.
- Wicomico County medical marijuana facility proposed Updated: Aug-28-15 9:35 am
HEBRON, Maryland - A company is hoping that its plan to build a medical marijuana growing facility in Wicomico County is one of 15 applications approved by the state of Maryland.
- Doctor fights charges he misled patients about marijuana Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
CHICAGO - Supporters of an Illinois doctor who's in trouble for a marijuana recommendation say his case could have a chilling effect on other doctors' participation in the state's medical cannabis pilot program.
- Michigan rejects medical marijuana for severe autism Updated: Aug-27-15 3:11 pm
DETROIT - Michigan won't allow the use of medical marijuana to control the effects of severe autism, an official said Thursday, rejecting the recommendation of an advisory panel.
- Nearly 200 patients qualify for medical marijuana registry Updated: Aug-27-15 10:21 am
ATLANTA - Public health officials reported nearly 200 patients have now qualified for Georgia's new medical marijuana registry, with an uptick in the number of doctors now approved to recommend cannabis oil as a treatment.
- Hagerstown medical marijuana-growing facility proposed Updated: Aug-27-15 9:28 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The president of a newly formed medical marijuana company has proposed an indoor-growing facility in Hagerstown.
- Man sentenced to prison for marijuana growing operation Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 am
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts man has been sentenced to prison for growing marijuana that he said was for medicinal purposes.
- Minnesota considers medical marijuana for pain patients Updated: Aug-25-15 3:59 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials are weighing a question that could drastically expand Minnesota's medical marijuana program and offer hope of relief to thousands of residents: Should it allow people with intractable pain to buy the new drug?
- State to hold public hearing on medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-25-15 3:04 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - State and local officials say they're hearing little negative feedback in communities that will soon be home to long-awaited medical marijuana dispensaries, although some residents are seeking reassurance about security.
- Reno's first medical marijuana shop to open Wednesday Updated: Aug-25-15 5:11 am
RENO, Nevada - After 15 years of waiting, Reno's first medical marijuana dispensary is set to open Wednesday.
- 6 companies vie for SW Florida's medical marijuana business Updated: Aug-25-15 3:02 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - The six nursery businesses that have applied to be southwest Florida's medical marijuana dispensing organization are turning to prominent professionals in the Sunshine State and cultivation experts from Colorado who have experience in the pot-growing industry.
- State says Portland's mobile medical marijuana cart illegal Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It didn't take long for an entrepreneur to combine two of Portland's favorite things: marijuana and food carts.
- First Las Vegas area medical marijuana dispensary opens Updated: Aug-24-15 7:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - After several months of delays, the first store to sell medical marijuana legally in the Las Vegas area has opened for business.
- Likely legalization vote prompts action on medical marijuana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The likelihood that California voters will be asked to legalize recreational marijuana next year is prompting lawmakers to make a serious run at reining in the state's vast medical marijuana industry - a job they have deferred for nearly two decades.
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case Updated: Aug-24-15 3:12 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - A western Kansas woman has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from accusations that arose after 11-year-old son said in school that his mother smokes marijuana "a lot."
- Some Illinois health systems say no to medical marijuana Updated: Aug-22-15 10:57 am
CHICAGO - Patients must have a doctor's signature to buy medical marijuana in Illinois, but some health systems are forbidding doctors from putting pen to paper because the drug is still illegal at the federal level.
- Medical marijuana advocate in Washington dies from cancer Updated: Aug-21-15 5:37 pm
COLVILLE, Washington - A northeastern Washington man at the center of a nationally watched medical marijuana case has died of pancreatic cancer, six months after the federal government dropped charges against him.
- PTSD patients sue Colorado over marijuana decision Updated: Aug-21-15 5:10 pm
DENVER - Colorado's decision not to allow marijuana to treat post-traumatic stress disorder has prompted a lawsuit by PTSD sufferers.