- In medical marijuana states, 'pot doctors' push boundaries Updated: Nov-28-15 2:38 pm
CHICAGO - The green-typeface slogan "WE'ED like to be your doctor!" -unmistakably weed-friendly - has attracted hundreds of medical marijuana patients in less than a year to Dr. Bodo Schneider's clinics in southern Illinois and suburban Chicago.
- Chilean mom restricted access to baby for smoking marijuana Updated: Nov-27-15 3:31 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A Chilean mother says a hospital is restricting her right to see her newborn daughter because she acknowledged smoking marijuana days before she gave birth.
- No CU freshmen sought med pot housing exemption this year Updated: Nov-26-15 1:56 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - The University of Colorado in Boulder says no freshmen are using a housing exemption because they use medical marijuana.
- Woman with late-stage cancer to get medical marijuana card Updated: Nov-25-15 3:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire health officials have approved a lung cancer patient's application for an identification card that will allow her to buy medical marijuana in Maine.
- Correction: Cannabis Oil-Obstacles story Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story Nov. 22 about efforts to make cannabis oil available to treat epilepsy in Missouri, The Associated Press erroneously reported that neurosurgeons can certify patients to receive the oil. Only Neurologists can do so.
- Lawsuit challenges Illinois ban on marijuana campaign money Updated: Nov-24-15 4:19 pm
CHICAGO - Two Libertarian political candidates have asked a federal court to declare unconstitutional an Illinois ban on political contributions from the state's new medical marijuana industry.
- Correction: Legal Marijuana story Updated: Nov-24-15 3:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story Nov. 15 about New Jersey debating legalizing marijuana, The Associated Press reported erroneously on who must pay a $200 fee to register with the state's medical marijuana program. Patients and caregivers must pay the fee, not patients and doctors.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana story Updated: Nov-24-15 3:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story March 26 about New Jersey's medical marijuana program, The Associated Press reported erroneously on who must pay a $200 fee to register with the state's medical marijuana program. Patients and caregivers must pay the fee, not patients and doctors.
- Only 23 apply for New Hampshire's medical marijuana program Updated: Nov-23-15 2:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Department of Health and Human Services officials say only 23 New Hampshire residents have applied for the state's medical marijuana program since pre-registration opened on Nov. 2.
- La Pine's medical pot tax expected to face lawsuit Updated: Nov-23-15 12:06 pm
LA PINE, Oregon - The city of La Pine's tax on medical marijuana might be illegal.
- 19 Whatcom County businesses apply to sell medical marijuana Updated: Nov-23-15 8:16 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is considering applications from 19 businesses that want to sell medical marijuana in Whatcom County.
- Riverton City Council rejects legalizing medical marijuana Updated: Nov-22-15 12:49 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - The Riverton City Council is refusing to support the legalization of medical marijuana in Wyoming because of marijuana's effect on young people.
- Court: No immunity for medical marijuana users under DUI law Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Friday that medical marijuana cardholders don't have immunity from prosecution under a state DUI law that prohibits drivers from having in their bodies any amount of marijuana or its chemical compound that causes impairment.
- Springfield bank gets contract to process marijuana taxes Updated: Nov-20-15 3:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield bank will process Illinois sales taxes from cash medical marijuana purchases after submitting the only bid for the contract.
- Think tank seeks to expand research on medical marijuana Updated: Nov-19-15 7:49 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - A Vermont think tank is working to develop new technologies aimed toward researching and exploring the uses of medical marijuana products.
- Legal experts urge caution as tribes enter pot business Updated: Nov-18-15 10:48 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Tribes across the U.S. are finding marijuana is risky business nearly a year after a Justice Department policy indicated they could grow and sell pot under the same guidelines as states.
- Utah panel endorses expanding use of marijuana extract oil Updated: Nov-18-15 6:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal to allow Utah residents to use oil extracted from marijuana to treat more ailments, including cancer and HIV, received an early vote of support Wednesday from some state lawmakers.
- Failed Ohio pot legalization effort vows to regroup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:46 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Efforts to legalize medical and recreational marijuana in a single vote will regroup for next year's ballot and will gather input from residents on how best to proceed, said the head of Ohio's failed campaign.
- Rural marijuana patients file lawsuit calling system biased Updated: Nov-10-15 9:27 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Medical marijuana patients in rural New Mexico have filed a lawsuit claiming the state's system is biased toward patients who live in big cities.
- Commissioner hears from public on expanding medical cannabis Updated: Nov-10-15 8:06 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's health commissioner will hear what the public has to say about expanding the state's medical marijuana program to include patients suffering chronic pain.
- Illinois medical marijuana dispensaries begin sales Updated: Nov-09-15 5:40 pm
CHICAGO - Regulated medical marijuana sales began Monday in Illinois with patients flocking to state-licensed retail shops in five cities.
- Key dates on road to legal medical marijuana in Illinois Updated: Nov-09-15 11:47 am
CHICAGO - The road to legal medical marijuana in Illinois began more than a decade ago, when proponents first began pushing legislation in Springfield. After many defeats, a law establishing a pilot program was approved in 2013.
- Gainesville closer to allowing medical pot dispensaries Updated: Nov-09-15 3:30 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Gainesville has moved a step closer to allowing medical marijuana dispensaries to set up shop in the city.
- Peoria marijuana dispensary tied up by zoning dispute Updated: Nov-08-15 5:04 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A proposed medical marijuana dispensary in Peoria has hit a snag over zoning that has delayed its opening.
- Gas & Grass: Colorado pot shop opens gas station Updated: Nov-07-15 3:03 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado marijuana dispensary is opening what is thought to be the world's first combination pot dispensary and gas station.