- Colorado marijuana sales total close to $1 billion in 2015 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:03 am
DENVER - New state data shows that Colorado marijuana businesses sold nearly $1 billion in recreational and medical cannabis last year.
- Australia commits to legal growing of medicinal marijuana Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australian lawmakers committed on Wednesday to legalize the growing of marijuana for medical use within a part of the world renowned for zero-tolerance and harsh penalties for illegal drugs.
- Some Republicans announce support for medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Some Republican House lawmakers announced their support Tuesday for new legislation that would create a system for manufacturing, distributing and possessing some forms of medical marijuana in Iowa, though it's unclear what type of backing the bill will get from party leaders.
- Facebook restores page for medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Feb-08-16 6:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Facebook has restored the business page of one of three New Jersey medical marijuana dispensaries it shut down last week for violating the social media company's policy against promoting the sale of drugs.
- Senate leader: Utah medical pot plan may not be dead Updated: Feb-08-16 3:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The president of the Utah state Senate says a bill allowing the medical use of edible pot products may not be dead on arrival just because the Mormon church opposes it.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Woody Harrelson story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Feb. 5 about actor Woody Harrelson applying for a medical marijuana license in Hawaii, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of another business seeking a medical marijuana dispensary license. It is Blue Planet Healing, not Blue Planet Foundation.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-06-16 11:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers.
- Nurseries request cultivation authorization in Florida Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The nurseries selected to cultivate and distribute the first medical marijuana in Florida have requested cultivation authorization.
- NY medical marijuana program: 551 patients certified so far Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - Some 551 New Yorkers have been certified to obtain medical marijuana, nearly one month after the state's program began.
- Panel OKs second Utah medical marijuana plan of the day Updated: Feb-04-16 9:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A panel of Utah lawmakers approved a bill that would allow tens of thousands of residents with chronic or debilitating conditions to consume edible pot products but bans smoking pot.
- Lawmakers want medical marijuana oversight committee Updated: Feb-04-16 9:29 pm
HONOLULU - With less than five months until medical marijuana dispensaries are up and running, Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill to create an oversight committee for the future industry.
- The Latest: Lawmakers OK medical marijuana plan Updated: Feb-04-16 8:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on two competing programs Utah lawmakers are considering to allow people to use marijuana for medical reasons. (all times local):
- Bill to let terminally ill use medical marijuana advances Updated: Feb-04-16 5:30 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A proposal to allow terminally ill patients in Florida to use medical marijuana is headed to the Senate floor.
- Alcohol control veteran named to lead state marijuana agency Updated: Feb-04-16 5:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has named a veteran of the state agency that oversees alcohol sales in California to lead a new arm of government that will do the same for medical marijuana.
- Rhode Island governor's medical marijuana tax draws fire Updated: Feb-04-16 5:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is drawing fire over a proposal to require Rhode Island growers to buy tags from the state for plants they cultivate and to reduce the number they may own by half.
- Senators visit Cincinnati to hear medical marijuana opinions Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two state senators are stopping in Cincinnati as part of an effort to gather public opinions about medical marijuana.
- Facebook shuts down medical marijuana pages in New Jersey Updated: Feb-03-16 8:45 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three of New Jersey's five medical marijuana dispensaries have had their business pages shutdown by Facebook, cutting off what advocates call an integral place for customers to learn about which plant strains best treat their illness and where to find discounts.
- Secretary of state rejects medical marijuana ballot measure Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Secretary of State Shantel Krebs says her office has rejected a ballot measure to allow people with serious medical conditions to use marijuana.
- Illinois medical marijuana patients now number 4,400 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is continuing to approve patients to use medical marijuana, with about 400 more approval letters sent in January.
- Former owner of Denver pot shop pleads guilty to possession Updated: Feb-03-16 4:39 pm
DENVER - A former owner of a Denver medical marijuana dispensary has pleaded guilty in connection with federal raids on Colorado pot businesses.
- Hospital strikes research deal with medical cannabis firms Updated: Feb-03-16 3:17 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A medical marijuana firm says it has struck a research deal with a Cumberland hospital operator.
- Medical marijuana will not be on 2016 ballot Updated: Feb-03-16 10:14 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Hopes for Wyoming voters to legalize medical marijuana this year went up in smoke as organizers fell thousands of signatures short of getting the question on the 2016 ballot.
- Detroit pot shops to get 30 days to apply for license Updated: Feb-03-16 1:41 am
DETROIT - Medical marijuana shops in Detroit will have 30 days beginning March 1 to apply to legally operate in the city under new laws.
- 3 nurseries seek injunction in medical marijuana licenses Updated: Feb-02-16 8:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Three Florida nurseries filed a lawsuit Tuesday asking for an injunction to delay the state's medical marijuana process in three of five state regions.