- Medical pot advocates cheer Illinois governor's about-face Updated: May-28-16 2:16 pm
CHICAGO - Medical marijuana advocates are applauding Gov. Bruce Rauner's about-face on expanding Illinois' pilot program in length and qualifying conditions, saying it will allow time to show the program is worthwhile and will help more patients - including many veterans - who are suffering.
- Up in smoke: group ends Ohio medical marijuana ballot drive Updated: May-28-16 12:45 pm
CINCINNATI - A group Saturday ended its effort to put a medical marijuana issue on Ohio's general election ballot.
- Phoenix VA hospital blocks medical marijuana presentation Updated: May-26-16 3:24 pm
PHOENIX - A doctor is upset after the Veterans Affairs hospital in Phoenix blocked her from giving a lecture about marijuana's effect on veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Medical marijuana OK'd by Ohio lawmakers in pre-break flurry Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers sent a medical marijuana legalization bill to the governor Wednesday on divided votes, in action capping a final flurry of activity ahead of their summer break.
- The Latest: Bill on voting hours heads to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislative activity at the Ohio Statehouse as lawmakers seek to wrap up work before their summer break (all times local):
- Agency would get cut of medical marijuana sales under bill Updated: May-23-16 6:46 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers in the Louisiana House have agreed to give the agriculture department up to 7 percent of the revenue from sales of medical marijuana, to pay for agency costs of regulating the drug.
- Butte police investigate theft from medical marijuana shop Updated: May-23-16 4:33 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Law enforcement officers say two male suspects cut a hole in the roof of a building housing a medical marijuana dispensary and stole about $12,000 worth of marijuana plants.
- Groups backing medical marijuana will delay petition effort Updated: May-22-16 5:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska groups pushing for approval of medical marijuana in the state have decided to delay a petition drive to put the question on the ballot because of the time and expense required.
- Medical marijuana growers in Jackson County fly under radar Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Only a handful of medical marijuana growers have applied for Jackson County permits to keep growing on rural residential land - even though growers without permits face fines of up to $10,000 and orders to remove their plants.
- Congress warming to idea of medical marijuana for veterans Updated: May-20-16 6:50 pm
DENVER - Congress is showing an increased willingness to let VA doctors talk to veterans about medical marijuana in states where it's legal, although final approval is far from certain.
- Rhode Island Senate backs marijuana as PTSD treatment Updated: May-19-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has passed a bill that would approve the use of marijuana to treat post-traumatic stress disorder.
- California city approves controversial pot marijuana rules Updated: May-18-16 3:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Oakland's new medical marijuana rules include an equity program that is drawing debate.
- Signature drive begins for medical marijuana in Oklahoma Updated: May-14-16 3:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Supporters of a proposal to legalize medical marijuana in Oklahoma have formally begun collecting signatures in an effort to put the question on the ballot.
- Fallin signs bill to expand use of marijuana derivative Updated: May-13-16 6:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has signed into law a bill that expands the use of an oil derived from marijuana.
- 2.5 years in prison for Seattle IRS agent who took pot bribe Updated: May-13-16 4:16 pm
SEATTLE - A former Seattle IRS agent convicted of taking a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary owner has been sentenced to 2½ years in prison.
- Falcon school district OKs medical marijuana for students Updated: May-13-16 10:38 am
FALCON, Colorado - A Colorado Springs-area school district will now allow students who rely on medical marijuana to take doses at school.
- Medical marijuana supporters appeal Montana restrictions Updated: May-12-16 3:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - Advocates for medicinal marijuana in Montana are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse a state court decision that drastically restricts the availability of the drug.
- The Latest: Youth offenders bill, tributes close session Updated: May-11-16 9:29 pm
DENVER - The Latest on the Colorado legislature's last day Wednesday (all times local):
- Missouri House rejects medical marijuana plan for 2nd time Updated: May-11-16 5:32 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A proposal to legalize medical marijuana was quashed Wednesday in the Missouri House, marking the second time this year it has been defeated by lawmakers.
- Iowa court rules against attempt to reclassify marijuana Updated: May-11-16 2:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Court of Appeals has shot down an activist's attempt to reclassify marijuana in the state.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Minnesota story Updated: May-10-16 5:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - In a story May 5 about Minnesota adding medical marijuana clinics, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the state had predicted about 5,000 patients would flood the clinics when they began distributing cannabis in 2015. The state's 5,000-patient estimate was for enrollment by the 2017 fiscal year.
- Police find man dead, 2,000 marijuana plants in Pomona Updated: May-10-16 2:56 pm
POMONA, California - Pomona police say officers responding to a medical emergency call at a commercial building in Pomona found a man dead and more than 2,000 marijuana plants.
- Vermont pro-pot forces take solace where they can Updated: May-10-16 12:39 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - After a series of stinging defeats last week, supporters of legalizing marijuana in Vermont say there still are some positive signs.
- Pennsylvania seeks chief for new medical marijuana program Updated: May-10-16 12:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Health Department is looking for someone to oversee its new medical marijuana program.
- 3 more groups submit Missouri ballot petitions Updated: May-08-16 7:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Proponents of initiatives aimed at sales taxes, cigarette taxes and medical marijuana submitted petitions Sunday in hopes of getting their proposals on the November ballot in Missouri.