- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Lawmakers fail to conclude Tennessee legislative session Updated: Apr-20-16 9:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A lengthy debate over a proposed veto override, partisan squabbling and a disagreement over a tax cut have delayed the planned conclusion of the legislative session.
- Greeley to consider distract driving laws Updated: Apr-18-16 1:31 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A Colorado city is considering laws that would punish distracted driving, including texting while driving.
- Oro Valley weighs ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-18-16 5:52 am
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - The town of Oro Valley is considering banning texting while driving.
- Texting while driving tickets may increase in Harrison Co. Updated: Apr-13-16 6:46 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Tickets for texting while driving may start to rise in Harrison County.
- Senators agree to boost fines on texting while driving Updated: Apr-13-16 4:38 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state senators want to toughen penalties for disobeying state laws that ban texting or posting to social media sites while driving and that restrict cell phone use for young drivers.
- Tickets for texting while driving continue to increase in NY Updated: Apr-08-16 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - The number of drivers issued a ticket for talking on a hand-held cellphone is dropping in New York state - though more people than ever are being caught texting while behind the wheel.