- Dayton decision on cabinet member pay raises due this week Updated: Jun-29-15 3:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The one-day window for Gov. Mark Dayton to raise the pay of state agency commissioners arrives on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Gay couples issued licenses, supporters rally Updated: Jun-26-15 8:22 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on Kentucky reaction to the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex couples have a right to marry in all 50 states (all times local):
- Missing Clinton emails likely to raise new questions Updated: Jun-26-15 5:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The State Department cannot find in its records all or part of 15 work-related emails from Hillary Rodham Clinton's private server that were released this week by a House panel investigating the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, officials said.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Jun-26-15 1:02 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, June 22
- Japanese PM Abe appoints Endo as Olympics minister Updated: Jun-25-15 5:48 am
TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe appointed veteran lawmaker Toshiaki Endo on Thursday as minister in charge of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Florida Gov., Cabinet agree to settle police-firing lawsuit Updated: Jun-23-15 7:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott and the three elected members of the Cabinet formally agreed on Tuesday to settle a lawsuit that contended they bypassed the state's Sunshine Law.
- A look at calls to remove Confederate symbols across South Updated: Jun-23-15 6:25 pm
Following a massacre at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina, a bipartisan mix of officials across the country is calling for the removal of Confederate flags and other symbols of the Confederacy.
- Gov. Christie announces departure of 3 Cabinet officials Updated: Jun-22-15 5:40 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three members of Gov. Chris Christie's Cabinet are leaving the administration.
- Gov. Jindal chief of staff exits state work for campaign job Updated: Jun-19-15 5:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's chief of staff is leaving his state job to work on the presidential campaign that the Republican governor is expected to announce next week.
- Another top Canadian minister says he's leaving politics Updated: Jun-19-15 1:03 pm
TORONTO - Another prominent member of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's government will not seek re-election in Parliament in October. It's a blow to the Conservatives, who have been in power since 2006.
- 3 Hawaii attorneys recommended to fill federal judgeship Updated: Jun-16-15 5:39 pm
HONOLULU - Names of three Hawaii residents were announced Tuesday as recommended nominees to fill a federal judgeship in Honolulu.
- Haslam announces members of Governor's Teacher Cabinet Updated: Jun-16-15 4:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam has announced the Tennessee teachers who will make up a special group he hopes will provide real-time feedback from classrooms.
- Caribbean court rejects appeal by ex-army officer in Grenada Updated: Jun-15-15 6:05 pm
ROSEAU, Dominica - A Caribbean appeals court on Monday dismissed an attempt to become a lawyer by one of 17 men convicted of murder in a bloody 1983 coup in Grenada that triggered a U.S. invasion.
- Bid to give governor power to pick top attorney gets nixed Updated: Jun-11-15 1:34 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House of Representative has rejected a proposal to give the governor the power to appoint the attorney general.
- Fallin planning 11-day European trip with cabinet officials Updated: Jun-10-15 5:02 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin announced plans Wednesday for an 11-day European trip with two of her top cabinet members that will include a visit to the Paris Air Show, one of the largest aerospace trade shows in the world.
- Poland probes leak of secret files from govt taping inquiry Updated: Jun-09-15 2:19 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish prosecutors are investigating the publication of classified files from a probe into the illegal taping of government ministers.
- Schools superintendent: Student cabinet already valuable Updated: Jun-05-15 5:45 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction Kirsten Baesler says the first members of her new student cabinet are already providing valuable insight to her office.
- More of Wolf's Cabinet nominees get confirmed by Senate Updated: Jun-02-15 3:32 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - More of Gov. Tom Wolf's Cabinet members are removing the word "acting" from their title.
- GOP Sen. Newton running for N. Carolina attorney general Updated: Jun-01-15 10:19 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican state Sen. Buck Newton announced his 2016 bid for attorney general on Monday, portraying himself as one who would confront what many conservatives consider federal overreach while focusing on basics as the state's top lawyer and law enforcement officer.
- Beau Biden dies at 46; son of VP had life of adversity Updated: May-31-15 4:05 pm
DOVER, Delaware - He was the privileged son of a longtime U.S. senator and two-term vice president, yet Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III was no stranger to personal adversity.