- Inslee blasts Senate Republicans for Cabinet ouster Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee on Monday blasted Senate Republicans for ousting the head of the Department of Transportation, calling the surprise vote on the Senate floor "an election-year stunt."
- Mexico names new heads of Pemex, health, social security Updated: Feb-08-16 7:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - A U.S.-educated economist took up the reins of state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos in one of several Cabinet changes announced Monday by President Enrique Pena Nieto.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- Kansas Children's Cabinet members criticize leader Updated: Feb-07-16 2:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Members of the Kansas Children's Cabinet have criticized the leader of their group for excluding them from recent funding recommendations for early childhood programs.
- Washington Senate votes to oust transportation secretary Updated: Feb-06-16 1:20 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday rejected the gubernatorial appointment of Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson, ousting her from the job she has held since shortly after Gov. Jay Inslee took office in 2013.
- Belgium to hire 1,000 more police to combat radicalism Updated: Feb-05-16 12:21 pm
BRUSSELS - The Belgian government on Friday approved a sweeping plan to combat Islamic radicalism and the threat of extremist violence by hiring 1,000 new police officers over the next four years.
- Ex-El Diario editor nominated as New York secretary of state Updated: Feb-03-16 12:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - The former longtime editor of the Spanish-language newspaper El Diario has been tapped to be New York's secretary of state.
- Kansas AG: Debate over courts to go on until voters step in Updated: Feb-02-16 1:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators aren't going to end a decade-long debate over remaking the state Supreme Court until they put a ballot question on how the justices are selected before voters, Attorney General Derek Schmidt told Republican lawmakers Tuesday.
- Iraq awards contract for repairing major dam Updated: Feb-02-16 1:17 pm
BAGHDAD - Iraq on Tuesday awarded an Italian company a contract to overhaul and maintain the Mosul dam in the country's north, days after a U.S. general warned of its possible collapse.
- Top Edwards budget adviser says he'll cut executive payroll Updated: Feb-02-16 6:51 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne says he will cut spending on his office's executive staff, amid criticism that Gov. John Bel Edwards' administration is paying too much for his cabinet secretaries.
- Bill would restrict attorney general appointments to boards Updated: Feb-01-16 10:24 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill introduced in the Alaska House on Monday seeks to restrict the attorney general from serving on the governing body of a state public corporation or on state boards or commissions.
- Funding issues plague Kentucky's proposed high speed network Updated: Jan-28-16 6:09 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - KentuckyWired was supposed to be a can't-miss project, a high-tech solution that would help revive the floundering Appalachian economy.
- Qatari emir shakes up Cabinet amid low oil prices Updated: Jan-27-16 9:21 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar's ruler shook up his Cabinet on Wednesday, shuffling some ministers into new positions while consolidating some of their jobs as low global oil and gas prices squeeze the Gulf country and the wider Middle East.
- Guatemala Cabinet member quits after named as tax delinquent Updated: Jan-25-16 9:02 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - One of Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales' Cabinet officials is out just 11 days into his administration.
- Officials from Obama's Cabinet lining up behind Clinton Updated: Jan-25-16 3:32 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton hasn't just been wrapping herself in President Barack Obama's legacy lately. She's been wrapping herself in his Cabinet.
- State official seeks rebid of workforce training grant Updated: Jan-24-16 12:38 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A cabinet secretary in Gov. Matt Bevin's administration wants elected officials to rebid a multi-million-dollar workforce training grant.
- The Latest: National Guard assisting in Rockcastle County Updated: Jan-22-16 6:20 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on a winter storm that forecasters say could dump a few inches to more than a foot of snow in Kentucky (all times local).
- Tennessee Dems want eligibility check on presidential ballot Updated: Jan-22-16 4:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two Tennessee Democrats want to pass a law to require the state to enforce the U.S. Constitution's "natural born citizen" requirement on this November's presidential ballot.
- Cuomo nominates attorney as state financial regulator Updated: Jan-22-16 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has nominated a lawyer and one of his former deputies when he was attorney general to be New York's next top financial regulator.
- Nigeria: Minister alleges $9 billion stolen from economy Updated: Jan-18-16 3:25 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Fifty-five people, including former governors, Cabinet ministers and government workers, stole $9 billion dollars from Nigeria's treasury, the information minister said Monday.
- Cruz story about being passed over for job not whole story Updated: Jan-16-16 2:59 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Cruz has said that after working on George W. Bush's 2000 campaign, being passed over for a senior position with the new administration was "a crushing blow." Turns out, it was his own choice.
- N. Carolina Persian Gulf War exhibit to be created Updated: Jan-15-16 2:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina is going to use $100,000 donated by the Kuwaiti government two decades ago to create a traveling exhibit honoring the state's Persian Gulf War veterans and those who died in the conflict, Gov. Pat McCrory announced Friday.
- Uncertainty in Guatemala as new president takes office Updated: Jan-14-16 10:29 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - TV comic and political neophyte Jimmy Morales was sworn in as Guatemala's president on Thursday amid uncertainty over how he plans to run the Central American nation beset by entrenched poverty, rampant corruption and violent criminal gangs.
- Indonesian authorities warned last month of terrorist threat Updated: Jan-14-16 3:44 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The deadly attacks Thursday in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, were not a complete surprise to Indonesian authorities, who warned last month of a credible threat.
- Clinton gets nod from former Attorney General Eric Holder Updated: Jan-13-16 8:09 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - As she works to maintain an advantage among African-American voters in her quest for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton has secured an endorsement from the nation's first black attorney general.