- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Former PM Tsipras' popularity tanks ahead of Greek elections Updated: Aug-28-15 4:11 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's former governing radical-left party is unlikely to win an outright majority in a crucial national election next month, and its lead over the opposition conservatives has narrowed, early opinion polls showed Friday.
- Indiana governor names new state environmental commissioner Updated: Aug-25-15 11:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has appointed the Indiana Department of Environmental Management's current chief of staff the agency's new commissioner.
- Ehud Barak's Iran bombshell could shake up Israeli politics Updated: Aug-23-15 2:47 pm
JERUSALEM - Former Defense Minister Ehud Barak's comments that Israel nearly attacked Iran's nuclear facilities but the plan was scuttled by military men and cowardly politicians could shake up Israeli politics.
- Malloy's chief of staff to temporarily oversee Regents board Updated: Aug-21-15 2:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's outgoing chief of staff was appointed Friday to head Connecticut's Board of Regents for Higher Education, promising he'll listen to the concerns of college presidents, faculty, students and legislators around the state.
- Haslam: No discussion with AG about Supreme Court vacancy Updated: Aug-21-15 11:52 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - As observers wait to see whether Attorney General Herbert Slatery has any interest in filling an upcoming vacancy on the Tennessee Supreme Court, Gov. Bill Haslam said he hasn't had any discussion about it with his close friend and former top legal adviser.
- Former top Haslam adviser lands $120K state museum contract Updated: Aug-20-15 5:31 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's former chief of staff, Mark Cate, will earn $120,000 per year as a "project coordinator" developing the new Tennessee State Museum to be built near the state Capitol.
- Cuomo: High-tech manufacturing companies coming to Utica Updated: Aug-20-15 2:37 pm
UTICA, New York - Two high-tech manufacturing companies are coming to the Utica area, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday during a visit to the city, still working to recover following decades of population loss after the decline of the area's once thriving manufacturing economy.
- Thai leader reshuffles Cabinet in effort to boost economy Updated: Aug-20-15 5:53 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's prime minister has reshuffled his Cabinet, responding to concerns that the military-installed government has failed to revive the badly lagging economy.
- Ex-Gov. Blagojevich to ask Supreme Court to hear case Updated: Aug-19-15 8:01 pm
CHICAGO - A full appellate court indicated Wednesday that it will not rehear an appeal of Rod Blagojevich's corruption convictions, and his lawyer responded that the imprisoned former Illinois governor will appeal next to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Zimbabwe presses for repatriation of skulls from Britain Updated: Aug-15-15 11:31 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe is "frantically working" to repatriate from Britain skulls of indigenous people killed in an 1890s anti-colonialism war, said a Cabinet minister.
- Bouterse inaugurated for 2nd term as Suriname's president Updated: Aug-12-15 5:23 pm
PARAMARIBO, Suriname - Former coup leader and convicted drug trafficker Desi Bouterse was inaugurated Wednesday for a second consecutive term leading Suriname as the democratically elected president.
- Governor, Senate leader urge action on different tax bills Updated: Aug-12-15 3:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and Senate Republicans held dueling rallies Wednesday seeking support late in this year's session from local government leaders and the public for two tax bills involving local governments.
- Indonesian president reshuffles Cabinet to boost economy Updated: Aug-12-15 10:19 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's president announced a Cabinet reshuffle Wednesday, replacing key economic ministers with the aim of speeding up infrastructure spending to revive sputtering growth and stabilize the sliding rupiah.
- State law lays out succession process if Kane steps down Updated: Aug-06-15 2:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - State Attorney General Kathleen Kane says she will not resign while criminal charges against her are pending but, if she changes her mind, the process of choosing a successor is spelled out clearly in state law.
- Argentina leader defends Cabinet chief accused in crime Updated: Aug-05-15 6:59 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's president defended her Cabinet chief Wednesday against a media report that implicated him as the mastermind in the killing of three men allegedly connected to an ephedrine trafficking ring.
- Officials exit Haiti gov't over president's remarks to woman Updated: Aug-05-15 5:25 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A hostile comment made by Haitian President Michel Martelly at a campaign rally has set off an uproar in his coalition government, leading a politically allied party to announce the resignation of three officials from his administration Wednesday.
- Florida Cabinet and governor agree to settle land dispute Updated: Aug-05-15 4:05 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott and members of the Cabinet are settling a land dispute that sparked acrimony and a handful of different lawsuits.
- Florida law-enforcement and environmental chiefs approved Updated: Aug-05-15 3:49 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's top cop and the state's chief environmental regulator are keeping their jobs.
- Q&A on Blagojevich: What's next after request for rehearing Updated: Aug-05-15 1:46 am
CHICAGO - Imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich has asked the full 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to rehear his appeal. A three-judge panel of the court in July threw out five of 18 corruption counts and ordered that the Chicago Democrat be resentenced. But if the full court rehears the case and tosses more counts, Blagojevich's chances of shaving significant time off his 14-year prison term would improve.
- Panel: Ending Oklahoma earthquakes will take research, time Updated: Aug-04-15 7:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - It could take up to another year of research to determine what has caused a recent series of Oklahoma earthquakes and whether the state is doing enough to stop them, officials said Tuesday.
- Branstad appoints new chief of staff Updated: Jul-30-15 1:40 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has appointed a new chief of staff.