- UEFA looks to December decisions to shape Champions League Updated: May-31-16 12:53 am
GENEVA - UEFA is set to decide in December on changing the Champions League as Europe's top clubs chase a new format and bigger share of the competition's billion-dollar annual income.
- Bettman not bullish about NHL participation in 2018 Olympics Updated: May-30-16 7:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - The NHL remains open to continuing to send its players to the Olympics, just so long as it doesn't have foot the bill.
- Brazil's transparency chief quits over corruption probe tape Updated: May-30-16 7:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Leaked recordings of heavyweight politicians discussing Brazil's sprawling kickback scandal caused more headaches for acting President Michel Temer on Monday, with a new tape forcing his anti-corruption minister to quit.
- Head of Egypt's journalists union to stand trial Updated: May-30-16 6:25 pm
CAIRO - Prosecutors on Monday referred the head of Egypt's journalists union and two board members to trial after they were formally charged with spreading false news and harboring journalists wanted by authorities.
- Land owned by family of Black Stallion writer sold Updated: May-30-16 3:12 am
VENICE, Florida - A 2.5-acre undeveloped tract near Golden Beach in Venice once owned by bestselling writer Walter Farley has sold for $1.77 million.
- Jets' 3-year offer to Fitzpatrick reportedly for $24 million Updated: May-29-16 8:18 pm
NEW YORK - While the contract stalemate continues, the numbers of the offer made to Ryan Fitzpatrick by the New York Jets are just beginning to emerge.
- Connecticut focuses on developing TV and digital industry Updated: May-29-16 9:31 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Once hoping to be known as Hollywood East, Connecticut is now actively courting the television and digital media industry, working to attract and grow companies that can meet the burgeoning demand for the content used across multiple platforms, from cable TV's TLC to the Internet's YouTube.
- AP Source: Jets' offer to Fitzpatrick for 3 years Updated: May-28-16 12:30 am
NEW YORK - The New York Jets have made an offer that Ryan Fitzpatrick - so far - has refused.
- Canucks Sports and Entertainment names Jeff Stipec COO Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Canucks Sports and Entertainment said Friday that Jeff Stipec is the new chief operating officer of the company that operates the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and Rogers Arena.
- MLB chief investment officer Jonathan Mariner leaving Updated: May-27-16 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Jonathan Mariner is leaving his job as Major League Baseball's chief investment officer.
- After nuclear deal, Iranian art auction sees $7.4M in sales Updated: May-27-16 2:11 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - An annual art auction in Tehran drew record sales of $7.4 million Friday, a sign of Iran's emerging arts market that buyers hope will be buoyed by the recent nuclear deal with world powers.
- Voynov named to Russian roster, status for World Cup unclear Updated: May-27-16 11:19 am
Former Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is no sure thing to play in the World Cup of Hockey despite being named to Russia's final roster on Friday.
- Online retailer on track to hire 1,000 for Maine operations Updated: May-27-16 9:44 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A company executive says an online home furnishings retailer is on track to hire 1,000 workers for its operations opening this summer in Maine.
- Senators defenseman Chris Phillips announces retirement Updated: May-26-16 9:21 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips is closing out his career with the only NHL team he has ever known.
- MLB commissioner announces Hall of Fame tour stops Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred traveled to the "Field of Dreams" movie site in eastern Iowa on Thursday to announce this year's National Baseball Hall of Fame tour stops in six cities.
- Paul Huntsman to become publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune Updated: May-26-16 7:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Paul Huntsman will take over as publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune when his deal to purchase the newspaper becomes official, likely next week, he told the newsroom Thursday.
- Pelicans' Davis not named All-NBA, loses $24 million Updated: May-26-16 6:20 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis is out about $24 million after not being named to the All-NBA first, second or third team.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- Site, funding unresolved in Las Vegas NFL stadium plan Updated: May-26-16 4:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - A site for a proposed 65,000-seat retractable-roof stadium in Las Vegas is in question, as funding formulas are still being worked out for the project that could cost up to $1.6 billion.
- Clemson adds athletic administrators Updated: May-26-16 1:39 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has hired former Georgia Tech tickets sales director Owen Godfrey and an ex-official for the Pittsburgh Penguins arena, Jason Lazar, to run renovated Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Gawker may be looking to sell after losing Hulk Hogan case Updated: May-26-16 12:45 pm
NEW YORK - The embattled online media company Gawker Media has hired an investment banker to explore its options, including a possible sale.
- Shipbuilding company recalling hundreds of employees Updated: May-26-16 9:03 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A Newport News shipbuilding company is bringing back hundreds of workers it laid off.
- U of Illinois ends contract with public relations firm Updated: May-26-16 7:07 am
URBANA, Illinois - A public relations firm hired to develop a branding plan for the University of Illinois' flagship campus has been replaced by a school committee.
- Officials: 'Dirt brokers' dumped polluted soil across NJ Updated: May-25-16 6:08 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey investigators say unlicensed brokers dumped polluted soil and other debris at sites across the states.
- EU wants quota of European films on providers like Netflix Updated: May-25-16 10:04 am
BRUSSELS - On-demand video providers like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon will be required to have a fifth of their films and TV shows on offer in the European Union be Europe-made, under new proposals issued Wednesday.