- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Tampa Bay Times buys Tampa Tribune, ends decades-old rivalry Updated: May-03-16 8:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida's largest newspaper, The Tampa Bay Times, said Tuesday it has purchased its main competitor, the Tampa Tribune, ending a decades-long newspaper rivalry.
- Bangladesh blogger seeks US help as threats escalate Updated: May-03-16 5:25 pm
WASHINGTON - When Bangladeshi blogger and social activist Ashif Entaz Rabi hosted a TV talk show about a slaying of a publisher by Islamic extremists, he faced a torrent of threatening phone calls. He says young men with earpieces started loitering outside his workplace, and a militant website urged followers to "send this Ashif to Allah."
- New York art collector to pay $7M to settle tax evasion case Updated: May-03-16 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - A prominent art collector and real estate developer has agreed to pay $7 million to settle allegations he failed to pay taxes on about $80 million worth of art, the state attorney general said Tuesday.
- Rich newspaper owners: Industry savior or foe? Updated: May-03-16 2:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Tribune's pending sale to the wealthy Huntsman family unshackles the newspaper from cost-cutting corporate owners and resolves crippling financial uncertainty, but it also raises concerns about whether the influential family will meddle in the paper's coverage.
- Romania PM names new minister to handle bitter opera dispute Updated: May-03-16 10:50 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - In a chain of incidents worthy of an opera, Romania's culture minister resigned because of dispute involving the fiancÃ© of a star ballerina, then decided to stay - only to be fired on Tuesday.
- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have agreed to a deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta.
- Gannett tells Tribune shareholders not to vote for board Updated: May-02-16 11:49 am
NEW YORK - Gannett is escalating its pursuit of rival newspaper company Tribune, telling shareholders of Tribune not to vote for its board member nominees up for election in June.
- Feud over artistic independence threatens Asian film fest Updated: May-02-16 8:22 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The future of Asia's largest, most-awaited film festival is in question as South Korean filmmakers threaten to boycott the red carpet over what they view as government interference.
- Cosmo editor Joanna Coles writing guide to modern love Updated: May-02-16 7:18 am
NEW YORK - Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles is working on a "no-nonsense" guide to some very old subjects in a very new world: sex and intimacy.
- LGBT inclusion in films static, diversity drops, study says Updated: May-02-16 6:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Hollywood films remained static in their inclusiveness of LGBT characters in 2015, but the racial diversity of those characters fell dramatically, according to the findings of GLAAD's annual study.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Head of Maui hospitals stepping down before privatization Updated: May-01-16 1:35 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The head of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is stepping down as the collection of Maui hospitals transitions to new private owners.
- The Latest: Company says ads respect consumers' privacy Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on a U.S. senator's call for an investigation into the practices of an outdoor advertising company in New York (all times local):
- Dolphins owner says team's latest shake-up pays off in draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:46 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says his latest shake-up of the organization paid off in the draft, including unanimity about the risky decision to take Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil.
- Colts hope to have new deal with Luck before training camp Updated: Apr-30-16 5:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts owner Jim Irsay said Saturday that negotiations on Andrew Luck's contract extension are getting serious and a deal could be reached before training camp begins.
- University of Minnesota again bumps traveling drum show Updated: Apr-30-16 3:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A traveling drum and bugle corps has been bumped from TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota for the second time in two years.
- Papers at Little Rock, Hot Springs, Benton take top honors Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Newspapers from Little Rock, Hot Springs and Benton have won top honors in the Arkansas Associated Press Managing Editors Association journalism contest for work done in 2015.
- Strahan-Ripa breakup isn't TV's first botched transition Updated: Apr-30-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa emerged from her brief "strike" this past week on stronger footing, having extracted an apology from Walt Disney Co. officials for giving her little advanced word that her co-host Michael Strahan was leaving for "Good Morning America."
- Rochester newspaper moving out of longtime downtown home Updated: Apr-30-16 8:32 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The Democrat and Chronicle is ending its nearly 90-year run at its downtown Rochester office building.
- The Latest: 3rd round a graduation party for Bengals' Dunlap Updated: Apr-29-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the second day of the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Raiders in Las Vegas? It's still several hurdles away Updated: Apr-29-16 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Raiders owner Mark Davis pledged this week to relocate his NFL team from Oakland to Las Vegas if a proposed $1.4 billion, 65,000-seat domed stadium is built. Here are some hurdles the proposal would have to clear before becoming reality.
- Wyoming Downs struggles with new horse race machines Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of two companies licensed to operate historic horse racing machines in Wyoming has closed half of its locations and reduced hours at the others in recent months.
- Singers sought for iconic New York folk music venue's video Updated: Apr-29-16 7:13 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The nation's longest continuously operating coffeehouse is putting together a video featuring Arlo Guthrie and Garrison Keillor to celebrate the upstate New York folk music venue's impending renovations.
- China charges brokers, fund manager with insider trading Updated: Apr-29-16 6:15 am
BEIJING - A prominent investor and the general manager of China's biggest stock brokerage have been arrested on insider trading charges, the government announced Friday, in the latest aftershock from a plunge in stock prices last year.