- Companies to stop 'revenge makeover' ads using ex-governor Updated: Sep-03-15 7:42 pm
PHOENIX - Two online marketing companies that ceased publishing ads depicting former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer as an over-the-hill divorcee who needed a "revenge makeover" could still face legal action from her.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- Judge sides with Brady on 'Deflategate,' NFL appeals Updated: Sep-03-15 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady learned Thursday he will start the season on the field after a judge lifted the league's four-game suspension of the star quarterback for a scandal over deflated footballs, saying he was treated unfairly by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The league quickly appealed.
- Camden could have a minor-league baseball reshuffle Updated: Sep-03-15 6:58 pm
The future of the minor-league baseball team that has occupied a stadium with a view of Philadelphia's skyline is unclear.
- Clarification: Apple's News Service-Things To Know story Updated: Sep-03-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - In a story Sept. 2, The Associated Press reported that news from the AP will be available on Apple's News app through an RSS feed. Although that was the case in a preliminary, "beta," version of the app, this AP feed isn't expected to be included in the app's broader release.
- Man faces life sentence in killing of Grooveshark executive Updated: Sep-03-15 3:53 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man faces up to life in prison after he was convicted of killing an executive of the defunct music streaming service Grooveshark.
- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur Updated: Sep-03-15 7:33 am
DERBY, England - Derby's American owners have sold the English second-tier club to a local businessman who made a fortune through the "Candy Crush Saga" mobile game.
- Sony, back in the crosshairs, defends 'Concussion' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly a year after the devastating hacking attack that leaked thousands of emails, Sony Pictures Entertainment again finds itself trying to justify its own inner dealings, this time over the upcoming Will Smith film about head trauma and the NFL, "Concussion."
- Financial personality Bennett, Cowboys resolve suite issue Updated: Sep-02-15 6:05 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Financial radio personality Dawn Bennett is "in good standing" with the Dallas Cowboys after the NFL team withdrew a lawsuit and said allegations of late lease payments for a suite at AT&T Stadium came from a misunderstanding with the woman's bank.
- Obstacle to moving Rio Olympic venues? 1,400 silent athletes Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Olympic organizers have agreed to test for viruses in Rio's sewage-filled waters.
- Architects reveal plans for proposed St. Louis Rams stadium Updated: Sep-02-15 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - The architects for a proposed new stadium for the St. Louis Rams said they want it to serve as a public meeting place when football isn't being played.
- ACC faces many variables on TV channel to rival SEC, Big Ten Updated: Sep-02-15 1:18 pm
The Atlantic Coast Conference is still figuring out whether it will start a dedicated cable channel of its own.
- News Corp confirms return of Rebekah Brooks in top role Updated: Sep-02-15 12:22 pm
NEW YORK - News Corp, Rupert Murdoch's media empire, has confirmed that Rebekah Brooks is returning to the top spot in London more than a year after she was acquitted of charges in a hacking scandal that shocked the U.K.
- Gazette Company sells KCRG-TV9 to Atlanta company for $100M Updated: Sep-01-15 5:21 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Officials of the Gazette Company in Cedar Rapids say they have agreed to sell television station KCRG to an Atlanta, Georgia company for $100 million.
- Comcast teeing up new services targeted at millennials Updated: Sep-01-15 5:06 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, which became a TV powerhouse by signing up Generation Xers, baby boomers and their parents, now is fighting for millennial eyeballs.
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe Updated: Sep-01-15 4:51 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - The Uruguay football association said Tuesday it was preparing to rescind a television contract for the national team's 2018 World Cup qualifying matches, as the rights company involved has been targeted by a U.S. investigation into corruption in world football.
- Jaguars owner wants to continue playing in London until 2030 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:15 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars want to be London's team for the foreseeable future.
- MTV spreads out its awards show to get more viewers Updated: Sep-01-15 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - MTV boosted the viewership of its annual Video Music Awards, this year hosted by Miley Cyrus, with a little help from its friends.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public Updated: Aug-31-15 9:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- Rihanna excited to celebrate 10 years in music industry Updated: Aug-31-15 9:08 pm
NEW YORK - Rihanna says she's thrilled to have had a decade-long career in music and she plans on celebrating the feat at some point this year.
- Divac adds title of GM of Kings Updated: Aug-31-15 8:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Vlade Divac has added the title of general manager of the Sacramento Kings.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena Updated: Aug-31-15 8:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- AP Newsbreak: Blue Jays would 'love' to keep general manager Updated: Aug-31-15 5:10 pm
TORONTO - The ownership of the Toronto Blue Jays said Monday it would "love" to keep general manager Alex Anthopoulos and has been in discussions about extending his contract.
- Horror movie director Wes Craven dies at 76 Updated: Aug-31-15 4:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's hard enough to redefine a genre once in a career, but horror virtuoso Wes Craven managed to do it twice.
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.