- Devils owner Josh Harris won't risk future for needs now Updated: Oct-09-15 6:33 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The owner of the New Jersey Devils has no intention of sacrificing the future of the team to make changes that might pick up a couple of extra wins this season.
- Manfred: Pace discipline not appropriate in postseason Updated: Oct-09-15 1:44 pm
TORONTO - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says it's "not appropriate" to enforce pace-of-play rules as strictly during the postseason.
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain Updated: Oct-08-15 7:43 pm
LONDON - From sure bet to suspended, Michel Platini's career in soccer politics could be over.
- Netflix raising US price for most popular video plan by $1 Updated: Oct-08-15 4:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix is raising the price of its Internet video service by $1 for new customers in the U.S., Canada and some Latin America countries to help cover its escalating costs for shows such as "House of Cards" and other original programming.
- Fan: Super Bowl ticket process violates consumer law Updated: Oct-08-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A New Jersey man asked a federal appeals court Thursday to revive his consumer protection lawsuit that aims to flag the NFL over the number of tickets sold to the public for the 2014 Super Bowl.
- Cleveland Indians may soon have minority investor Updated: Oct-08-15 3:03 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan could soon have a financial partner.
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 1:34 pm
PARIS - The delicious irony of it: Sepp Blatter tossed out of football, at least temporarily, by a FIFA policing body that he himself helped create when the world was still his oyster.
- Gannett Co. acquires Midwest, South newspapers for $280M Updated: Oct-07-15 9:27 pm
MILWAUKEE - Gannett Co. has reached an agreement to acquire newspaper company Journal Media Group for $280 million, giving the media giant control of publications in more than 100 local markets in the U.S., company officials announced Wednesday evening.
- Goodell, owners expect future vote on LA relocation Updated: Oct-07-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell expects owners will vote on franchise relocation to Los Angeles.
- League, players union brief Giants players on MRSA Updated: Oct-07-15 6:38 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have taken a crash course on MRSA.
- Silver: European expansion not likely in near future for NBA Updated: Oct-07-15 6:36 pm
MADRID - Commissioner Adam Silver says it is "premature" to talk about an NBA expansion in Europe.
- Google is latest tech giant to claim space in mobile news Updated: Oct-07-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - Technology giants including Apple, Facebook, Snapchat and now Google want to take charge of how we get and see news on our phones.
- Proposed NFL stadium in St. Louis secures naming rights deal Updated: Oct-07-15 9:55 am
ST. LOUIS - The proposed riverfront stadium in St. Louis has a naming rights deal worth $158 million that hinges on the city having an NFL team when the facility opens.
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
ZURICH - After defying pleas from FIFA sponsors to quit immediately, President Sepp Blatter is continuing regular business at soccer's governing body, presiding over a dispute between football federations on Tuesday.
- No playoffs, Indians open offseason with front-office shift Updated: Oct-06-15 5:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona doesn't like being an October outsider. This is his month.
- ABC Family network changing name to Freeform Updated: Oct-06-15 2:46 pm
NEW YORK - The ABC Family network, home of youthful dramas "Pretty Little Liars" and "The Fosters," said Tuesday it will change its name to Freeform this winter.
- Kate Shindle, the young head of Actors' Equity, reaches out Updated: Oct-06-15 10:20 am
NEW YORK - One of the most powerful people on Broadway has a corner office with a stunning view of Times Square. But there's a catch: The salary is lousy.
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension Updated: Oct-06-15 3:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon said Tuesday he is facing a 19-year suspension by the ethics committee of the world football body for alleged ethics breaches surrounding South Korea's failed bid for the 2022 World Cup, and also for openly criticizing the committee.
- As daily fantasy eschews 'gambling' label, scrutiny grows Updated: Oct-05-15 9:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Stock market traders and chess players - that's who's playing DraftKings, according to CEO Jason Robins, who told a crowd of casino executives last week in Las Vegas that fewer than 15 percent of the players on his site make wagers in traditional sports books.
- Red Sox more optimistic despite another last-place finish Updated: Oct-05-15 8:26 pm
- College player union leaders still pushing for changes Updated: Oct-05-15 8:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Ramogi Huma and Kain Colter are fighting back.
- Publisher apologizes for textbook calling slaves 'workers' Updated: Oct-05-15 7:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - One of the biggest publishers in the U.S. apologized Monday for calling slaves brought to America "workers" in a geography textbook used widely in Texas, where the wording went unnoticed during the state's combative and politically charged classroom curriculum reviews.
- Athletics promote Billy Beane, David Forst in front office Updated: Oct-05-15 6:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics wanted to make sure they could keep David Forst in the front office after other clubs sought to hire him, so they promoted him to general manager Monday and elevated Billy Beane to executive vice president of baseball operations.
- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics' move Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from the city of San Jose in its bid to lure baseball's Athletics from Oakland to the South Bay.
- Buyouts coming at company behind Chicago Tribune, LA Times Updated: Oct-05-15 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - The owner of the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune and other newspapers is offering buyouts to employees.