- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 3:14 am
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Judge orders Goodell, Brady appear in court Aug. 12, 19 Updated: Jul-31-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - The federal judge handling Tom Brady's attempt to overturn his four-game suspension ordered the New England quarterback and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to appear in court twice in mid-August.
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months Updated: Jul-31-15 6:26 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Orlando City Soccer officials said Friday that their new downtown stadium is expected to be completed by the end of the 2016 season.
- Coyotes add Loiselle as hockey operations consultant Updated: Jul-31-15 5:07 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes added Claude Loiselle on Friday as a hockey operations consultant.
- Horse racing industry has declined since state got out of it Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The horse racing industry's focus will be on New Jersey this weekend, as Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh runs in the $1.75 million Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park.
- Tampa Tribune sells downtown headquarters to Miami developer Updated: Jul-31-15 2:13 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Tribune says it has sold its downtown Tampa building to a Miami developer.
- Tough week for social media stocks - no one is spared Updated: Jul-31-15 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - It hasn't been an easy week in social media, despite double-digit revenue growth from Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Investors are looking beyond headline numbers and finding reasons to sell.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- Auction set for work from ex-auto plant credited to Banksy Updated: Jul-31-15 12:45 pm
DETROIT - An auction is planned for an artwork that gallery officials say the elusive British graffiti artist Banksy created at a former Detroit auto plant.
- Online viewers won't miss Super Bowl ads shown on TV Updated: Jul-31-15 11:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Next year, you won't have to worry about missing the buzziest commercials of the Super Bowl if you can't get to a TV.
- Hollywood's Relativity files for bankruptcy with $681M owing Updated: Jul-30-15 9:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Relativity Media, the struggling "mini major" Hollywood studio behind movies such as "Immortals" and "Mirror Mirror," filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Thursday.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- LinkedIn 2Q caps rough week for social media stocks Updated: Jul-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - It hasn't been a good week for social media companies, not even for the usually reliable professional networking service LinkedIn Corp.
- Facebook ready to test giant drone for Internet service Updated: Jul-30-15 5:20 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook says it will begin test flights later this year for a solar-powered drone with a wingspan as big as a Boeing 737, in the next stage of its campaign to deliver Internet connectivity to remote parts of the world.
- Bills owner says team in no rush to build new stadium Updated: Jul-30-15 4:06 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula says the team is in no rush to build a new stadium or sell naming rights to its current home.
- Sabres owner says 2 lost seasons were successful for future Updated: Jul-30-15 2:26 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula says the last two losing seasons were big successes for the team.
- Commissioner: NBA relationship with players 'best' in sports Updated: Jul-30-15 12:40 pm
JOHANNESBURG - With a multi-billion dollar new broadcast rights deal set to kick in from the 2016-17 season, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says "it's a very good time" for the league right now and, he stressed on Thursday, the players, too.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- NBA in Africa? 'Stay tuned' for regular-season game Updated: Jul-30-15 11:53 am
JOHANNESBURG - The NBA is in Africa for an exhibition, and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expects more important games to come.
- Brady fights on, files lawsuit to stop suspension Updated: Jul-29-15 10:04 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady took the fight over his "Deflategate" suspension to social media and federal court Wednesday, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft backed the three-time Super Bowl MVP, saying "I was wrong to put my faith in the league."
- Facebook 2Q results soar as user base, mobile ads grow Updated: Jul-29-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook is attracting advertising dollars to where its users are - on mobile devices.
- The Latest: Brady and players' union file lawsuit again NFL Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Here is the latest surrounding the suspension of star Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for using underinflated footballs (all times local):
- Move could be in store for Amarillo's Big Texan Steak Ranch Updated: Jul-29-15 6:14 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - The Lee brothers of The Big Texan Steak Ranch are weighing a decision much heavier than the 72-ounce steak for which their family tourism empire has become known.
- Detroit art museum says 'thanks' to Michigan with programs Updated: Jul-29-15 4:38 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is showing its gratitude to the people of Michigan for the state's help in preserving the internationally renowned collection during the city's passage through bankruptcy.
- Facebook tops Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 4:25 pm
MENLO PARK, California _ Facebook Inc. (FB) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $715 million.