- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- With Dragic and Wade back, Heat moving forward Updated: Jul-03-15 6:35 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - On the first day of free agency, Goran Dragic committed to return.
- Indiana agency won't detail public relations firm's work Updated: Jul-03-15 5:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's economic development agency isn't saying what work a New York-based public relations firm did for the state before officials canceled its contract to assess the damage the national outcry over a new religious objections law caused to Indiana's reputation.
- Green movement coloring way sports looks at environment Updated: Jul-03-15 12:33 pm
CHICAGO - Andrew Ference was at the beginning of his NHL career when he met Dr. David Suzuki, who hosts a TV show in Canada. The conversation with the award-winning scientist changed the life of the young defenseman.
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending Updated: Jul-03-15 8:18 am
GENEVA - UEFA lifted key Financial Fair Play sanctions from Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain on Friday after both clubs met spending limits imposed last year.
- AP Interview: Wade chooses to stay with Heat Updated: Jul-02-15 10:25 pm
MIAMI - After 12 years with the Miami Heat, Dwyane Wade needed a reminder of how much the franchise valued him.
- AP source: Wizards agree to acquire Bucks' Dudley for pick Updated: Jul-02-15 10:24 pm
- LA Kings' Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:18 pm
TORRANCE, California - Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov was sentenced to three months in jail Thursday after pleading no contest to beating his wife after an argument at a Halloween party last year.
- Google's new app blunders by calling black people 'gorillas' Updated: Jul-02-15 3:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's new image-recognition program misfired badly this week by identifying two black people as gorillas, delivering a mortifying reminder that even the most intelligent machines still have lot to learn about human sensitivity.
- PawSox owners to tour Rhode Island to tout ballpark plan Updated: Jul-02-15 3:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox will embark on a summer-long road trip to all 39 cities and towns in Rhode Island to promote their proposal for a new ballpark in downtown Providence.
- Scripps buys controlling share in Polish broadcaster Updated: Jul-02-15 10:52 am
WARSAW, Poland - The U.S. media company Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. has finalized an agreement for a controlling stake in Poland's largest commercial broadcaster, a 584-million-euro ($650 million) deal that comes as the U.S. company expands into Europe.
- AP source: Arron Afflalo, Knicks agree on 2-year deal Updated: Jul-02-15 9:48 am
NEW YORK - Arron Afflalo is about to team up with Carmelo Anthony again.
- Devils sign Moore, Coleman, Thompson, O'Brien Updated: Jul-01-15 9:03 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils have signed defenseman John Moore to a three-year contract as a free agent.
- Cavaliers break the bank on Day 1 of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 9:03 pm
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert promised LeBron James he would do whatever it took financially to surround him with a team capable of ending the city's 51-year championship drought.
- Jamaica officials, artists hold reggae conference Updated: Jul-01-15 6:40 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Government officials, lawyers and artists participated in a conference Wednesday to hash over ways of giving Jamaica a competitive advantage from reggae, the homegrown music that long ago went global.
- Steelers interested in hosting 2023 Super Bowl Updated: Jul-01-15 6:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers are hoping to turn the 2023 Super Bowl into a home game.
- Redskins' name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' old stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- AP Source: Guard Goran Dragic, Heat agree on 5-year deal Updated: Jul-01-15 5:18 pm
MIAMI - Goran Dragic plays quickly and decides quickly.
- Golf organizations distance themselves from Trump Updated: Jul-01-15 4:40 pm
Donald Trump says the golf industry supports him because "they know I'm right." Four leading golf organizations said he's wrong.
- AP Source: Dunleavy stays with Bulls, agrees to 3-year deal Updated: Jul-01-15 12:55 pm
A person with knowledge of the negotiations says Mike Dunleavy and the Chicago Bulls have agreed on a new three-year, $14 million contract.
- Redskins name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' former stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- Blackhawks trade Saad to Blue Jackets Updated: Jun-30-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks said all along that Brandon Saad would be back next season.
- US court agrees Apple violated antitrust law in e-book entry Updated: Jun-30-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Apple violated antitrust laws by colluding with publishers to raise electronic book prices when it entered a market in 2010 that had been dominated by Amazon.com, a divided federal appeals court panel said Tuesday.
- Canadiens agree to 2-year deal with forward Brian Flynn Updated: Jun-30-15 3:57 pm
MONTREAL - Forward Brian Flynn agreed to a $1.9 million, two-year contract with the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.