- The Latest: Tampa Bay tough to beat when scoring first Updated: Jun-03-15 8:57 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The latest from Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final:
- Google founder defends accident records of self-driving cars Updated: Jun-03-15 8:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google co-founder Sergey Brin says he sees little reason to release the accident reports involving the Internet company's self-driving cars because he believes there's nothing new in documents withheld to protect the privacy of other motorists.
- Bettman soothes worries over Coyotes, Panthers before Final Updated: Jun-03-15 8:37 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Commissioner Gary Bettman sees few glaring problems with the NHL as the Stanley Cup Final gets underway in a model Sun Belt hockey market, and he is eager to soothe any worries about two of his league's other warm-weather teams.
- Granddaughter of Saints, Pelicans owner concludes testimony Updated: Jun-03-15 7:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The disowned granddaughter of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson spent most of Wednesday testifying in a trial aimed at establishing if her grandfather is competent to run his business empire.
- Penguins owners hire Morgan Stanley to explore options Updated: Jun-03-15 7:33 pm
- Knee injuries to 2 prized picks have NFL teams concerned Updated: Jun-03-15 2:30 pm
DENVER - NFL teams are reviewing the way they handle rookie minicamps after season-ending knee injuries to two prized picks less than a week after all the hugs and handshakes of draft night.
- The Latest: Paraguay president CONMEBOL immunity lifted Updated: Jun-03-15 1:08 pm
1700 GMT (1:00 p.m. EDT)
- MSNBC, E! ranked high in social network engagement Updated: Jun-03-15 12:40 pm
NEW YORK - A company that measures the effectiveness of television networks on social media says MSNBC is top-ranked on Facebook and E! Entertainment is best on Twitter.
- Family-owned Columbus Dispatch to be sold to New Media Updated: Jun-03-15 11:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The family-held company that has owned the Columbus Dispatch for more than a century is selling its publishing operations to the New York-based New Media Investment Group, the companies announced Wednesday.
- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal Updated: Jun-02-15 10:45 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter governed the biggest sport on Earth for nearly two decades, for years untouched personally by allegations of corruption, but never sharing the game's popularity.
- AP Source: Panthers-Newton 5-year deal worth $103.8 million Updated: Jun-02-15 8:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina general manager Dave Gettleman believes Cam Newton can lead the Panthers to "the Promised Land" so he made the fifth-year quarterback the highest-paid player in franchise history.
- Key questions: Why did Blatter resign and what now for FIFA? Updated: Jun-02-15 7:40 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter and his mentor Joao Havelange have run global's soccer's governing body since 1974, handing out power to national federations and regional chiefs who awarded the men with loyalty.
- Sponsors say Blatter resignation one step in FIFA reform Updated: Jun-02-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - For FIFA's top sponsors, the resignation of Sepp Blatter is just the first step in restoring the reputation of soccer's governing body and regaining the fans' trust following a corruption scandal.
- Wilson says little about contract negotiations with Seahawks Updated: Jun-02-15 7:19 pm
- Column: Peterson changes course at just the right time Updated: Jun-02-15 6:07 pm
Adrian Peterson made his point, only to find out no one was in any mood to listen.
- Goodell makes it official: He will hear Brady's appeal Updated: Jun-02-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official Tuesday: He will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.
- Dick O'Regan, longtime AP reporter and executive, dies at 95 Updated: Jun-02-15 2:56 pm
BERLIN - Richard A. "Dick" O'Regan, who covered some of the biggest stories of the Cold War in a 39-year career as a reporter and executive for The Associated Press, has died. He was 95.
- FIFA says Valcke not behind $10M payment in corruption probe Updated: Jun-02-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - Amid a deepening corruption crisis within soccer's governing body that has led to Sepp Blatter's decision to resign, FIFA earlier defended its second-in-command on Tuesday by trying to distance him from claims he helped authorize $10 million in bribes for World Cup bidding votes.
- FC Krasnodar signs Russia striker Smolov Updated: Jun-02-15 11:56 am
MOSCOW - Russian title challenger FC Krasnodar has signed Russia international striker Fyodor Smolov as a free agent, a move that avoids any further punishment by UEFA for breaching its Financial Fair Play rules.
- Dean Lehman resigns as Times-Call editor Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - Dean Lehman, editor and publisher of the Longmont Times-Call and publisher of the Loveland Reporter-Herald, has announced his resignation from the newspaper company effective Tuesday.
- Google still struggling to diversify beyond white, Asian men Updated: Jun-01-15 7:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google isn't making much headway diversifying its workforce beyond white and Asian men, even though the Internet company hired women to fill one out of every five of its openings for computer programmers and other high-paying technology jobs last year.
- Coyotes beef up front office staff with pair of hires Updated: Jun-01-15 7:24 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have hired John Chayka as assistant general manager of analytics and promoted Chris O'Hearn to assistant general manager of hockey operations.
- WNBA Board of Governors committee looks at Thomas ownership Updated: Jun-01-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Isiah Thomas' partial ownership petition for the New York Liberty is being vetted by a committee of owners from the WNBA's Board of Governors the league announced Monday.
- Maine newspapers' sale complete; most employees offered jobs Updated: Jun-01-15 6:12 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The sale of the Portland Press Herald, Kennebec Journal, Morning Sentinel and weekly Coastal Journal newspapers by financier and philanthropist Donald Sussman to MTM Acquisition was completed on Monday.
- NBC approaching 4 months without Williams decision Updated: Jun-01-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - As the four-month anniversary of Brian Williams' suspension for misrepresenting his experiences as a journalist nears, NBC News has remained mum on whether he will return as the network's top anchor, be cut loose or take on some other role for the news division.