- Las Vegas Sands planning 17,500-seat concert venue Updated: May-25-16 2:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Sands Corp. has announced plans to build a 17,500-seat concert hall behind its Venetian and Palazzo casinos.
- Casino magnate Wynn envisions water paradise in dry Nevada Updated: May-25-16 4:13 am
LAS VEGAS - Imagine a white sand beach with a bar at the dock. Water skiers flash by a small island, where fireworks shoot from twin peaks. Now imagine this water paradise is in the desert of drought-stricken Nevada.
- State to consider new lottery game to fund history museum Updated: May-25-16 3:12 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new proposal calls for creating a new state lottery game and using the proceeds from the first six months to help develop a $15-million Rhode Island history center in Bristol.
- Despite money woes, Atlantic City's attractions still open Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, with words like "bankruptcy" ''crisis" and "broke" figuring prominently.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Audit: State lottery broke law to get around budget impasse Updated: May-21-16 4:10 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The state's auditor general says the Illinois Lottery violated state finance law by prepaying $20 million to ensure it could participate in future multi-state lottery games even without a state budget.
- Canterbury opens racing season with a twist Updated: May-20-16 7:05 am
SHAKOPEE, Minnesota - Minnesota's preeminent horse track is kicking off its new season with a bet of its own.
- Future of Illinois' daily fantasy sports bill unclear Updated: May-19-16 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A last-minute push to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois cleared the state Senate on Thursday, but the bill's future is in limbo because of some legislative maneuvering.
- Man City defender Demichelis fined, escapes FA ban for bets Updated: May-18-16 8:54 am
LONDON - Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis has escaped a ban after accepting a betting-related charge from the English Football Association.
- UK bookmaker suspends betting on Tom Hiddleston to be Bond Updated: May-15-16 10:03 am
LONDON - A British bookmaker has suspended betting on British actor Tom Hiddleston to be the next James Bond.
- FDNY: Fire reported at Resorts World Casino in Queens Updated: May-15-16 12:45 am
NEW YORK - Officials say the Resorts World Casino was evacuated because of an electrical fire.
- Company agrees to buy Las Vegas resort for $313 million Updated: May-11-16 5:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - Station Casinos parent company Red Rock Resorts Inc. has agreed to buy the off-Strip Palms resort for $312.5 million.
- 'This is impossible:' New York man wins his 2nd $1M lottery Updated: May-11-16 5:00 pm
WEST BABYLON, New York - A construction worker who won $1 million in a lottery scratch-off game four years ago has defied enormous odds by hitting a $1 million jackpot again.
- $500K revamp of state website aggregates California services Updated: May-10-16 6:53 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state of California has redesigned its main website to offer one-stop-shopping for business licenses, health care, lottery numbers and other services on a single web page.
- 4 months later, no sign of California Powerball winner Updated: May-10-16 2:21 am
LOS ANGELES - As officials in New Jersey await the winner of Saturday's $429.6 million Powerball game, a California Lottery representative said he's losing hope that his state's ticket-holder for a world-record January jackpot will ever come forward.
- Time's up: No one claims $25K-a-year Michigan lottery prize Updated: May-09-16 7:23 pm
LANSING, Michigan - It's too late for a winner to be lucky for life.
- North Dakota completes moose and elk hunting lotteries Updated: Apr-30-16 7:28 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The results are in for North Dakota's moose and elk hunting lotteries.
- Leicester soccer team was 5,000-1 longshot, now eyes title Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LONDON - Bettors looking for a wager with a fancifully high payoff last summer could have gone into their local betting shop in England and risked a bit of cash on the proposition that Elvis Presley would be found alive and well.
- DraftKings, FanDuel agree to cease operations in Alabama Updated: Apr-29-16 7:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites have each entered into a settlement to cease operations in the state in a few days.
- Michigan Lottery teams with Wesco to offer discounts on gas Updated: Apr-29-16 10:41 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Lottery is teaming with Wesco gas stations to offer discounts on gas for purchasing certain instant game tickets.
- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Judge OKs sale of East Chicago gambling boat to trust Updated: Apr-28-16 11:32 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Lake County judge has upheld a ruling by the Indiana Gaming Commission allowing Pinnacle Entertainment to sell the Ameristar Casino gambling boat in East Chicago to a real estate investment trust and then lease it back.
- Gaming Commission chair decries Brockton casino design Updated: Apr-27-16 7:30 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The chairman of the state's Gaming Commission has decried the design of a proposed casino in Brockton, calling it a "great disappointment."
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.