- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Judge OKs sale of East Chicago gambling boat to trust Updated: Apr-28-16 11:32 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Lake County judge has upheld a ruling by the Indiana Gaming Commission allowing Pinnacle Entertainment to sell the Ameristar Casino gambling boat in East Chicago to a real estate investment trust and then lease it back.
- Gaming Commission chair decries Brockton casino design Updated: Apr-27-16 7:30 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The chairman of the state's Gaming Commission has decried the design of a proposed casino in Brockton, calling it a "great disappointment."
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- New Jersey's horse racing industry hopes for change in luck Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - As Monmouth Park prepares to open its gates next month for a new season, New Jersey's horse racing industry continues to deal with sagging track attendance and betting numbers as the battle for entertainment dollars goes on.
- Atlantic City grapples with how family-friendly it should be Updated: Apr-23-16 11:37 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - On a sunny Sunday in spring, three generations and three branches of Pam Moody's family went to have fun at Gillian's Wonderland Pier on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
- Downtown Las Vegas casino owners plan to build new casino Updated: Apr-22-16 2:28 am
LAS VEGAS - The owners of two downtown Las Vegas casinos say they have purchased another property that will become a new hotel and casino.
- Regulator: AC casinos hiring 2,400 this year, 600 full-time Updated: Apr-21-16 5:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A top Atlantic City casino regulator said Thursday the gambling halls plan to hire more workers this year.
- Eastern Missouri man wins $10 million in Scratchers game Updated: Apr-21-16 4:03 pm
PEVELY, Missouri - An eastern Missouri man has won $10 million in the Missouri Lottery's Scratchers game.
- VictoryLand electronic bingo machine bill fails in Senate Updated: Apr-19-16 9:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A bill that would have allowed electronic gambling machines at a Macon County dog track failed on a procedural vote Tuesday night in the Alabama Senate.
- Petition seeks to block Riviera demolition Updated: Apr-19-16 4:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is keeping an eye on a petition to block the demolition of the Riviera hotel-casino.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Michigan Lottery teams with PayPal for online payments Updated: Apr-15-16 9:26 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Lottery is teaming with PayPal to offer players a new way to fund their online accounts.
- Shots fired on casino gaming floor in Milwaukee Updated: Apr-15-16 6:48 am
MILWAUKEE - Police say a man is in custody after opening fire inside the Potawatomi (pot-ah-WAH'-toh-mee) casino in Milwaukee.
- Another debate ahead on raising lottery advertising cap Updated: Apr-14-16 5:16 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The General Assembly appears poised for another debate about increasing how much the North Carolina Education Lottery can spend on advertising.
- Welsh soccer authorities probing game for suspicious betting Updated: Apr-13-16 10:26 am
CARDIFF, Wales - The Football Association of Wales says it is investigating suspicious betting patterns on a game in the country's top division.
- Riviera name brought down from former hotel-casino on Strip Updated: Apr-12-16 8:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - A piece of Las Vegas history has been removed from the Strip as crews worked to take down the Riviera name from the former hotel and casino.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Lottery win sends St. Paul bus driver into retirement Updated: Apr-12-16 8:27 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul bus driver has quit his job after hitting it big in the Powerball lottery game.
- Twins open at home against the White Sox Updated: Apr-11-16 8:06 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins are betting that home field advantage will make a difference in their young season.
- Wynn talks of $1.5B remake of golf course into lagoon, hotel Updated: Apr-07-16 3:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Casino mogul Steve Wynn is airing a proposal to reshape the former Desert Inn golf course behind the Wynn and Encore resorts on the Las Vegas Strip into a 38-acre lagoon and a 1,000-room hotel with a casino, restaurants, meeting space and nightlife.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.
- Judge: Atlantic City violated tax settlement with Borgata Updated: Apr-05-16 3:46 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A judge has ruled that Atlantic City violated an agreement to repay millions of tax dollars to the most successful casino in the city.
- VictoryLand owner plans to reopen despite losing legal fight Updated: Apr-04-16 4:42 pm
SHORTER, Alabama - VictoryLand owner Milton McGregor announced Monday that he will reopen his casino later this year despite losing a three-year legal battle over the legality of electronic bingo machines the state seized from his business in 2013.
- In race to improve batteries, nanotechnology provides hope Updated: Apr-04-16 11:21 am
PRAGUE - In the global race to create more efficient and long-lasting batteries, some are betting on nanotechnology - the use of minuscule parts - as the most likely to yield a breakthrough.