- May US auto sales likely to beat forecasts Updated: Jun-02-15 1:50 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto sales were stronger than expected in May, boosted by Memorial Day promotions and strong demand for new SUVs.
- Ex-Domino's chief Brandon to take reins at Toys R Us Updated: Jun-02-15 1:48 pm
WAYNE, New Jersey - The chairman and CEO of Toys R Us is retiring and will be succeeded by an executive with experience in taking companies public.
- Ousted Men's Wearhouse founder returns with tailor service Updated: Jun-02-15 1:19 pm
NEW YORK - Men's Wearhouse founder George Zimmer, who was ousted from the suit retailer two years ago, still wants you to "like the way you look."
- Fitbit says it now expects its IPO to raise about $450M Updated: Jun-02-15 1:10 pm
NEW YORK - Wearable fitness tracking device maker Fitbit, which filed for an initial public offering last month, said Tuesday that it now expects the offering to raise about $450 million.
- Blue Bell OKs deal on listeria with Alabama health officials Updated: Jun-02-15 12:37 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Blue Bell Creameries says it has entered a voluntary agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health that includes requiring the company to inform the state whenever there is a positive test result for listeria in its products or ingredients.
- US stocks turn higher, led by energy stocks Updated: Jun-02-15 12:37 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks turned higher in early afternoon trading on Tuesday as energy stocks gained along with the price of oil.
- Illinois well services company moving offices to Indiana Updated: Jun-02-15 12:31 pm
VINCENNES, Indiana - A company that services oil and natural gas wells is moving its main office to southwestern Indiana from a nearby Illinois community.
- NSA phone collection bill clears Senate hurdle Updated: Jun-02-15 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate sped toward passage Tuesday of legislation to end the National Security Agency's collection of Americans' calling records while preserving other surveillance authorities. But House leaders warned their Senate counterparts not to proceed with planned changes to a House version.
- State: Man who said Holy Spirit guided him ran Ponzi scheme Updated: Jun-02-15 12:14 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts secretary of state's office says a man who told investors that the Holy Spirit guided his trading system has been charged with running a Ponzi scheme.
- Portuguese government wants better offers in airline sale Updated: Jun-02-15 11:11 am
LISBON, Portugal - A senior Portuguese official on Tuesday gave the two bidders in the privatization of TAP Air Portugal three days to improve their offers, hinting the flag carrier's sale could be called off if they don't.
- Ford keeps plants running longer for third consecutive year Updated: Jun-02-15 11:03 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford will shorten the traditional summer shut-down at some of its plants for the third consecutive year to meet rising demand.
- Concerns remain for 'Viagra for women' twice rejected by FDA Updated: Jun-02-15 10:00 am
WASHINGTON - The makers of a pill intended to boost sexual desire in women will try again this week to persuade regulators that the drug warrants approval after two rejections.
- Apple's Siri has new role in new 'smart' home systems Updated: Jun-02-15 9:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Hey Siri, turn off the kitchen light.
- Dollar General 1Q profit tops Street, key sales metric rises Updated: Jun-02-15 8:42 am
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tennessee - Dollar General's fiscal first-quarter profit topped Wall Street's expectations, and a key sales measurement rose thanks to better traffic and shoppers spending more per transaction.
- Now, UAB begins rebuilding process for football Updated: Jun-02-15 6:41 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - UAB's decision to revive the football program is just the beginning of a formidable task.
- New electrical substations go online in southern New Mexico Updated: Jun-02-15 5:14 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Xcel Energy says two new substations and a pair of transmission lines are now in service in southeastern New Mexico.
- Explo Systems Inc. owners ask state judge to toss charges Updated: Jun-02-15 4:55 am
The owners of a company accused of leaving 7,800 tons of improperly stored artillery propellant at Camp Minden have asked a state judge to throw out the charges against them.
- New call center in Somerset to bring 150 jobs Updated: Jun-02-15 4:13 am
SOMERSET, Kentucky - A new customer service call center is planned for Somerset, creating 150 jobs.
- Paper manufacturer invests $270M in McMinn Co. expansion Updated: Jun-02-15 4:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A global paper products manufacturer is investing $270 million to expand its current operations in McMinn County and create more than 100 jobs.
- Judge awards billions to Quebec smokers Updated: Jun-01-15 10:50 pm
MONTREAL - A judge has awarded more than $15 billion Canadian (US$12 billion) to Quebec smokers in a case that pitted them against three giant tobacco companies. The case is believed to be the biggest class-action lawsuit ever seen in Canada.
- Feds inspect Fla. monkey farm at PETA's behest Updated: Jun-01-15 7:55 pm
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is investigating a monkey breeding facility in southwest Florida after an animal welfare group said an undercover worker found sick and injured monkeys living in inhumane and unsanitary conditions.
- FBI ends visa-for-investment probe, no prosecutions sought Updated: Jun-01-15 7:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The FBI announced Monday it has closed its investigation into South Dakota's investment-for-visa program and the state's U.S. Attorney would not pursue any prosecution.
- Initiative filed to limit college tuition, tax corporations Updated: Jun-01-15 7:08 pm
PHOENIX - College tuition in Arizona could increase by no more than the cost of living every year and corporations could see tax hikes under a proposed voter initiative.
- Ford expanding air bag recall to 1 million Mustangs, GTs Updated: Jun-01-15 6:31 pm
DETROIT - Ford is recalling 1 million Mustang and GT sports cars because their driver's side air bags could potentially explode.
- Central Bank of Nigeria executives arrested in $33m theft Updated: Jun-01-15 6:22 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Financial crime agents arrested 21 bankers including senior executives of the Central Bank of Nigeria for the theft of $33 million worth of defaced naira currency notes, Nigerian officials said Monday.