- Advocacy groups call for stronger texting ban in Oklahoma Updated: May-22-16 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Just six months after Oklahoma's ban on texting and driving went into effect, advocacy groups are calling for even broader measures to curb distracted driving.
- The Latest: Google seen ahead in some areas, no so in others Updated: May-18-16 4:58 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California -
- Official: School bus driver fired for texting while driving Updated: May-17-16 6:52 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines school district has fired a school bus driver who'd been recorded texting and driving while on her route.
- More Massachusetts drivers cited for texting while driving Updated: May-16-16 9:13 am
BOSTON - State data show that the number of people getting ticketed by police for texting while driving in Massachusetts has steadily increased since it became illegal six years ago.
- YouTube tests messaging feature to keep people in its app Updated: May-13-16 4:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube is testing a messaging feature in its smartphone app so people can share and discuss videos without resorting to other ways to connect with their friends and family.
- EU regulator blocks takeover of UK mobile phone operator O2 Updated: May-11-16 7:31 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's regulator has blocked the $15 billion takeover of British mobile phone operator O2 by CK Hutchison over concerns the deal would have stifled innovation and led to higher prices for consumers.
- Nokia sees drop in Q1 earnings, gives cautious outlook Updated: May-10-16 12:28 pm
HELSINKI - Nokia reported Tuesday a first-quarter net loss of 513 million euros ($584 million) due to lower demand in mobile networks and a drop in overall revenue despite its acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. It warned of a further decline in earnings, causing the shares to plunge 7 percent.
- Grand Forks County launches app to report tips, view alerts Updated: May-09-16 5:32 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Want to give an anonymous tip to the Grand Forks County sheriff? Now, there's an app for that.
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Mobile app helps Woodburn police catch wanted suspect Updated: May-03-16 11:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police in Woodburn say they have caught one of their most wanted suspects after a resident identified the man on the police department's new mobile app.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- Kansas to text parents who owe child support payments Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Department for Children and Families officials say it will begin texting parents who owe child support in an effort increase collections.
- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Text-to-911 service coming to northwestern Indiana county Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - People in a northwestern Indiana county will soon be able to text 911 emergency messages.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- Nearly 1K texting citations issued in Minnesota enforcement Updated: Apr-27-16 3:32 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Authorities say a weeklong crackdown on distracted driving in Minnesota found too many drivers are taking their eyes off the road.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway releases new free mobile app Updated: Apr-27-16 6:31 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has released a new and improved free mobile app ahead of next month's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016: