- Hassan: More die from drug overdoses than car crashes Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Drug overdoses have become the second most common cause of death in New Hampshire and could move into the top spot soon, Gov. Maggie Hassan told lawmakers Tuesday as they began tackling the state's substance abuse crisis.
- UN Ebola chief says priority now is helping 15,000 survivors Updated: Nov-18-15 8:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations Ebola chief said Wednesday his top priority now that the deadly Ebola epidemic appears to be nearing an end is helping more than 15,000 survivors who need medical and psychological support.
- Oregon health department to launch campaign to curb syphilis Updated: Nov-09-15 1:53 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon health department is launching a campaign in hopes of stemming the spread of syphilis in the state.
- J&J, ViiV: 2 injections every month or 2 could control HIV Updated: Nov-03-15 1:29 pm
Preliminary testing of two long-acting injectable drugs indicates it might be possible to keep HIV at bay indefinitely with injections every month or two.
- Researchers at Tulane seeking better ways to fight the flu Updated: Nov-02-15 7:30 am
NEW ORLEANS - Researchers at Tulane University may soon have a more effective way to fight the flu, thanks to a $1.6 million grant from the National Institutes of Health.
- Russian to double spending on HIV care next year Updated: Oct-30-15 6:16 am
MOSCOW - Russia will double its spending on HIV care and prevention next year in the face of a growing epidemic, the country's health minister announced on Friday.
- Kuster, Guinta to host discussion on heroin epidemic Updated: Oct-30-15 5:03 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Reps. Annie Kuster and Frank Guinta are hosting a roundtable discussion to help solve the growing heroin epidemic in their home state.
- Pierce County jury awards $16.7M in swine flu death Updated: Oct-28-15 10:29 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County jury has awarded $16.7 million to the family and estate of a Puyallup woman who died in the 2009 swine flu epidemic.