- AP Exclusive: Officials say France wants more Iran sanctions Updated: Jan-27-16 4:54 pm
VIENNA - France has asked the European Union to consider new sanctions against Iran over recent missile tests, in a request made shortly after the EU ended sanctions over Iran's nuclear program, officials have told The Associated Press.
- Indigenous leader: Save native languages from extinction Updated: Jan-22-16 12:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - A Canadian tribal chief is calling for urgent efforts to revive indigenous languages, saying their extinction is going unnoticed while the world focuses on the preservation of cultural heritage sites.
- Panthers Rivera addresses LB Thompson's profanity-laced rant Updated: Jan-20-16 7:13 pm
- Celtics' Crowder accuses Wizards coach of cursing Updated: Jan-16-16 11:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Boston forward Jae Crowder says Washington coach Randy Wittman used profanity toward him, leading to Crowder's technical foul during the Celtics' victory over the Wizards on Saturday night.
- The Latest: 'The Revenant' wins best drama film Golden Globe Updated: Jan-10-16 11:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest from Sunday's 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California (all times local):
- Gifted linguist's syllabary makes milestone this year Updated: Jan-10-16 2:27 pm
SEQUOYAH, Oklahoma - Though much of the life of the gifted linguist Sequoyah is unknown today, certain information has been gathered by historians through the years. Much of it was acquired through oral accounts of family members or other individuals who knew the blacksmith. No matter the source, all agree that his development of the written Cherokee language was a remarkable accomplishment.