- Authorities find no dangerous materials in backpack at UI Updated: Aug-24-15 6:25 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Authorities at the University of Iowa say a suspicious backpack left at the president's office did not contain dangerous materials.
- State route blocked after man says he has explosive Updated: Aug-22-15 7:56 pm
SUMNER, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a man appeared to be heavily under the influence when he told drivers he had a bomb in his car.
- Chicago man pleads guilty to SIU bomb threats Updated: Aug-21-15 4:38 am
BENTON, Illinois - A 22-year-old Chicago man has pleaded guilty to four federal charges connected to making bomb threats in a self-declared "war" on Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
- Police: Man, 64, threatened to send bomb to business Updated: Aug-21-15 3:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 64-year-old man was arrested after police say he threatened to send a bomb to a business in downtown Hartford.
- Man who caused Las Cruces bomb scare facing felony charge Updated: Aug-20-15 1:17 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A man who Las Cruces police say walked into an office supplies store and purported to have a bag with explosives is facing charges.
- Massive IS car bomb hits Cairo security building, wounds 29 Updated: Aug-20-15 8:56 am
CAIRO - A massive car bomb claimed by Islamic State militants ripped into a national security building in a residential neighborhood in Cairo early Thursday, wounding at least 29 people and blowing the facades off nearby buildings.
- Feds: Man arrested for hoax bomb threat at Statue of Liberty Updated: Aug-19-15 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A man who used the name of a 1993 World Trade Center bombing conspirator and threatened to "blow up" the Statue of Liberty in April, forcing the evacuation of Liberty Island, has been arrested, federal authorities announced Wednesday.
- Police: Store employee made threat to get out of work early Updated: Aug-19-15 7:43 am
WILLIAMSTOWN, Massachusetts - A Vermont woman and her friend have been charged with making a fake bomb threat to the western Massachusetts supermarket where she was employed so she could get out of work early.
- 2 teens held in false bomb threat at Jackson school Updated: Aug-19-15 4:06 am
JACKSON, Tennessee - Police say two teenagers have been charged in connection with a false bomb threat made at a Jackson high school.
- Miami federal court house locked down after bomb threat Updated: Aug-18-15 8:50 pm
MIAMI - Authorities say the federal courthouse in Miami was locked down for about two hours because of a possible bomb threat.
- Suspicious bag causes part of MSP Airport to be evacuated Updated: Aug-13-15 11:49 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A suspicious bag that tested positive for explosives prompted a partial evacuation of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Junction City man arrested in bomb threat in Manhattan Updated: Aug-13-15 6:40 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A 21-year-old Junction City man has been arrested after police say he phoned in a bomb threat in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Bomb threat reported at Grovetown High School, teen arrested Updated: Aug-11-15 6:41 pm
GROVETOWN, Georgia - Police arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection to a bomb threat at Grovetown High School.
- 10 years for making bomb threat as part of holdup plan Updated: Aug-11-15 8:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 31-year-old man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for claiming there was a bomb on a university campus to distract police from an attempt to rob a bank, U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley said Monday.
- Bomb threat prompts officials to search Wrigley Field Updated: Aug-09-15 9:11 pm
CHICAGO - Wrigley Field is open again after a bomb threat prompted police to evacuate the ballpark for about an hour.
- Police find possible bomb in vehicle during traffic stop Updated: Aug-06-15 2:25 pm
EDDYVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say a man has been arrested after troopers found a possible bomb inside a vehicle during a traffic stop.
- Man accused of threatening to blow up Tacoma marina charged Updated: Aug-06-15 6:21 am
TACOMA, Washington - A man accused of firing a shotgun into the air and threatening to blow up a Tacoma marina resort has been charged.
- The Latest: Son says jailed dad's truck frequently backfires Updated: Aug-05-15 8:57 pm
NEW AUGUSTA, Mississippi - The latest on incidents at the Camp Shelby military facility in southern Mississippi (all times local):
- Reno police investigating explosives found in home Updated: Aug-01-15 7:32 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police are investigating how two pipe bombs ended up in a northwest Reno home.