- Man receives pardon of innocence for rape of 81-year-old Updated: May-19-16 1:41 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has granted a pardon of innocence to a man who served 27 years in prison for a rape that he didn't commit.
- US official criticizes pardons for Macedonian politicians Updated: May-19-16 11:12 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - A U.S. State Department official says a decision by Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov to pardon politicians accused in a major wiretapping scandal has damaged the country's credibility.
- Nebraska death penalty foes: Life in prison means no parole Updated: May-18-16 4:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A group that is urging voters not to reinstate Nebraska's death penalty argued Wednesday that the state's 10 death-row inmates will die in prison regardless of what happens in the November election.
- Oklahoma board denies drug offender parole after commutation Updated: May-17-16 6:15 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A 66-year-old Oklahoma inmate serving life in prison for possessing an ounce of cocaine was denied parole Tuesday, months after the governor modified his sentence in a way that allowed early release to be an option.
- Lawyer: 48-year fugitive in poor health, to seek commutation Updated: May-13-16 1:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who spent 48 years on the lam after escaping from a work camp in Georgia is in poor health and will ask officials to commute the rest of his 17-year sentence because returning him to prison would amount to a death sentence, his lawyer told The Associated Press on Friday.
- The Latest: Georgia to review possible pardon for fugitive Updated: May-13-16 1:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on the case of Robert Stackowitz, who escaped from a Georgia prison work camp in 1968 and was finally caught in Connecticut on Monday (all times local):
- Obama commutes Providence man's life sentence for drugs Updated: May-06-16 9:20 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man who received the first life-without-parole sentence for drugs in Rhode Island is among 58 federal inmates who had their prison sentences commuted by President Obama.
- Delaware man among those receiving commutations from Obama Updated: May-06-16 12:45 am
DOVER, Delaware - A convicted drug dealer from Delaware is one of 58 people whose prison sentences are being commuted by President Barack Obama.
- Obama commutes sentences for 58 federal prisoners Updated: May-05-16 8:44 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade ago, a judge bemoaned that the life sentence she was about to impose on Charles C. Brown was overly harsh. This week, relief finally came to Brown, along with 57 other offenders.
- North Vegas man among 58 inmates to get presidential pardon Updated: May-05-16 7:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 55-year-old federal prison inmate from North Las Vegas is one of 58 people whose long sentences on drug-related offenses are being commuted by President Barack Obama.
- New Jersey man's life sentence commuted by Obama Updated: May-05-16 6:20 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man is one of 58 convicts to have his sentence commuted under an order issued by President Barack Obama.
- 5 from Tennessee, Kentucky have prison sentences commuted Updated: May-05-16 5:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Four people from Tennessee and one person from Kentucky are among the 58 prisoners included in the latest round of commutations by President Barack Obama.
- Iowa woman's prison sentence commuted by president Updated: May-05-16 5:37 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Des Moines woman, sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2007 for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine has had her sentence cut shorter by President Barack Obama.
- White House announces sentence commutation for Oklahoma man Updated: May-05-16 5:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Broken Bow man is among dozens of federal prisoners whose sentences have been commuted by the Obama administration.
- White House announces sentence commutations for 2 Ohioans Updated: May-05-16 5:09 pm
CLEVELAND - The Obama administration has commuted the prison sentences of 58 federal convicts, including a pair of Ohioans.
- Obama commutes Phoenix man's 20-year prison sentence Updated: May-05-16 4:41 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man is among dozens of federal convicts whose prison sentences are being commuted by the Obama administration.
- Armored car killer seeks commutation of life prison sentence Updated: Apr-28-16 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - A killer whose sentencing led to changes in Delaware's death penalty law is asking the Board of Pardons to commute his prison sentence.
- Pakistani mother seeks pardon for paralyzed son on death row Updated: Apr-25-16 12:56 pm
ISLAMABAD - The mother of a paraplegic inmate on death row in Pakistan on Monday urged the country's president to pardon her son.