- 'He can score on anyone': Barcelona defends Messi's skills Updated: Jun-02-15 10:57 am
SANT JOAN DESPI, Spain - There is no questioning allowed at Barcelona when it comes to Lionel Messi's status as the greatest player in football.
- Allegri: team character will help Juventus against Barcelona Updated: Jun-01-15 3:06 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri believes his team's strength of character could be the deciding factor in Saturday's Champions League final against Barcelona.
- Giorgio Chiellini says he has 'no problem' with Luis Suarez Updated: Jun-01-15 10:42 am
TURIN, Italy - Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has "no problem" with Barcelona forward Luis Suarez and said Monday he will shake hands at the Champions League final when they meet for the first time since the biting incident at the World Cup.
- Lazio beats Napoli 4-2 to secure Champions League spot Updated: May-31-15 5:50 pm
ROME - Lazio bounced back from two debilitating losses to beat Napoli 4-2 on Sunday and secure a spot in the Champions League playoffs on the final day of the Serie A season.
- Panathinaikos beats PAOK 2-0, secures Champions League berth Updated: May-31-15 4:14 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Panathinaikos secured a place in next season's Champions League by beating PAOK 2-0 in a Greek league playoff game Sunday.
- Messi gets 2 to lead Barcelona past Bilbao 3-1 in cup final Updated: May-30-15 7:38 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored a stunning opener before adding a second goal to lead Barcelona to the Copa del Rey title with a 3-1 victory over Athletic Bilbao on Saturday, giving the Catalan club its second of three possible trophies before it turns to the Champions League final.
- Blatter says he will forgive but won't forget UEFA rebellion Updated: May-30-15 9:04 am
ZURICH - Emboldened by his fresh mandate to lead world soccer, Sepp Blatter made it clear there may be consequences for European leaders who tried to oust him from FIFA.
- CSKA Moscow qualifies for Champions League Updated: May-30-15 8:35 am
MOSCOW - CSKA Moscow qualified for the Champions League on Saturday on the final day of the Russian Premier League season.
- Barca aims for 2nd title of season vs. Bilbao in Copa final Updated: May-28-15 8:09 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona will vie for the second of three possible titles this season when it hosts Athletic Bilbao in the final of the Copa del Rey on Saturday.
- Lazio and Napoli face off for Champions League spot Updated: May-28-15 6:55 am
ROME - Lazio and Napoli face each other in the final round of Serie A matches on Sunday with a Champions League berth at stake.
- The Latest: 2nd halves underway, Spurs set for Europa League Updated: May-24-15 11:12 am
LONDON - 4:03 p.m.
- Monaco claims final Champions League birth Updated: May-23-15 6:18 pm
PARIS - Yannick Ferreira Carrasco scored the winner as Monaco beat Lorient 1-0 to secure a third-place finish in the French league on Saturday and claim the final qualifying birth for the Champions League.
- Ancelotti: 'I continue at Madrid, or I take yearlong break' Updated: May-23-15 5:18 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says he will take a year off from coaching if he is let go by the Spanish club.
- Relegation battle comes down to last day of Spanish league Updated: May-21-15 8:32 am
BARCELONA, Spain - While the title fight is over, there is still plenty to play for on the final day of the Spanish league season Saturday, when 11 teams play for either for berths in European competition or to avoid relegation.
- Bundesliga relegation battle set for exciting finale Updated: May-21-15 7:03 am
BERLIN - The Bundesliga relegation battle is going to the wire with just three points between the bottom five clubs going into the season's final round. Four of them face each other on Saturday. Hertha Berlin, one point above them, is not yet safe either as the German league provides a nail-biting finish at the bottom.
- Treble-hunting Juventus heads into Cup final against Lazio Updated: May-18-15 1:00 pm
- UEFA picks Turkish referee Cakir for Champions League final Updated: May-18-15 12:30 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has picked Cuneyt Cakir of Turkey to referee the Champions League final.
- How Barcelona won its 23rd Spanish league title Updated: May-17-15 3:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - With Lionel Messi back to his very best, Barcelona brushed aside legal troubles and Real Madrid's vigorous challenge to win the Spanish league title in Sunday's penultimate round. The Catalan club could still go on to win a treble, having reached the final of the Champions League and Copa del Rey.
- Juventus ousts Real Madrid to reach Champions League final Updated: May-13-15 7:14 pm
MADRID - Many of the 78,133 fans in Estadio Santiago Bernabeu had shocked expressions on their faces. Some held their heads in their hands.
- Juventus draws 1-1 with Real Madrid to reach CL final Updated: May-13-15 6:49 pm
MADRID - Juventus came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Real Madrid on Wednesday and line up a Champions League final against Barcelona with a 3-2 victory on aggregate.
- The Latest: 2nd half starts, and Juventus needs to score Updated: May-13-15 3:59 pm
MADRID - The Latest from the Champions League semifinal match between Real Madrid and Juventus at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium:
- Barcelona advances to 1st Champions League final since 2011 Updated: May-12-15 7:24 pm
MUNICH - After the final whistle, Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique embraced: the coach who led Barcelona to 14 titles from 2008-12 and the successor who hopes to win his first three in the next month.
- Barcelona reaches CL final despite 3-2 loss at Bayern Updated: May-12-15 6:24 pm
MUNICH - Neymar scored two goals and Barcelona did enough to advance to the Champions League final despite losing the second leg of its semifinal 3-2 to Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- Jardim extends deal with Monaco Updated: May-12-15 3:48 pm
MONACO - Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has signed a new deal with the French club until the end of the 2018-19 season.
- Madrid needs a comeback, Bayern a miracle in CL semis Updated: May-10-15 8:08 pm