- After Dortmund deeds, Klopp has Liverpool dreaming again Updated: Oct-08-15 4:25 pm
BERLIN - German football was left almost in a state of mourning when Juergen Klopp announced his departure from Borussia Dortmund after seven seasons in charge last April.
- Another record for Ronaldo, another win for Madrid Updated: Sep-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed the 500-goal mark and Real Madrid hailed him as the club's all-time leading scorer on Wednesday, while Manchester United and Manchester City rebounded from opening losses to remain in contention in the Champions League.
- Barca fights back 2-1 over Leverkusen without injured Messi Updated: Sep-29-15 5:22 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona needed two goals in the final 10 minutes in the absence of injured star Lionel Messi to come back for a 2-1 home win over Bayer Leverkusen and take the Group E lead in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Cavani in fine form ahead of Champions League match Updated: Sep-29-15 6:54 am
LVIV, Ukraine - Last January, when reports linking Edinson Cavani to Arsenal emerged, the most commonly identified reason behind the Uruguay striker's unhappiness at Paris Saint-Germain was his fraught relationship with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Misfiring Atletico hosts Benfica in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 6:37 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid is looking for some new help up front.
- Chelsea, hurting at home, looks for relief in Europe Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho's Chelsea has made a miserable start to the Premier League season, lying 15th after seven games, but it's top of Champions league G and hopeful a strong run in Europe's prestige tournament can ease the pressure at home.
- Lacazette blames Lyon boss ahead of Champions League match Updated: Sep-28-15 9:20 am
PARIS - Alexandre Lacazette looks a shadow of the player who was banging in goals for Lyon last season.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- Chelsea hammers Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in the Champions League Updated: Sep-16-15 7:03 pm
LONDON - Chelsea eased to a 4-0 victory over Maccabi Tel Aviv in its opening Group G match in the Champions League on Wednesday, but the performance at Stamford Bridge was not as convincing as the scoreline.
- UEFA explores creating third European club competition Updated: Sep-16-15 3:07 pm
ST. JULIAN'S, Malta - European football leaders have discussed the possibility of creating a third club competition.
- United loses 2-1 to PSV Eindhoven, Shaw to broken leg Updated: Sep-15-15 6:31 pm
EINDHOVEN, Netherlands - Manchester United squandered a lead to lose 2-1 at PSV Eindhoven and had left back Luke Shaw carried off with a broken right leg on an unhappy return to the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Juventus rallies to beat Man City 2-1 in Champions League Updated: Sep-15-15 5:56 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Juventus cast aside its domestic woes by coming from behind to beat Manchester City 2-1 in their opening Champions League match, with Alvaro Morata scoring an 81st-minute winner for last season's runner-up on Tuesday.
- Chelsea needing a pressure-relieving win in Champions League Updated: Sep-15-15 7:43 am
LONDON - Chelsea will host Maccabi Tel Aviv in its Champions League Group G opener on Wednesday, needing a win to take some pressure off manager Jose Mourinho.
- Valencia hosts Zenit in reunion of Mourinho students Updated: Sep-15-15 7:15 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andre Villas-Boas and Nuno Espirito Santo both experienced victory at the highest level under former boss Jose Mourinho. Now the Portuguese managers of Zenit St. Petersburg and Valencia will face off as their teams start their Champions League campaigns on Wednesday.
- Bayern Munich begins quest for 6th European Cup Updated: Sep-15-15 7:03 am
PIRAEUS, Greece - Bayern Munich begins the quest for its sixth European Cup at Olympiakos on Wednesday, while Arsenal opens its 18th successive Champions League campaign at Dinamo Zagreb.
- United and Depay begin Champions League against Eindhoven Updated: Sep-14-15 7:55 am
LONDON - After a season-long absence from Europe's top club competition, Manchester United returns to the Champions League on Tuesday with a trip to the Netherlands to face PSV Eindhoven.
- Reloaded Atletico visits Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 7:26 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid invested heavily in new players this summer with the aim of contending for a Champions League title that it was seconds away from winning two years ago.