- Less noise, more access with Truckee police electric cycle Updated: May-30-16 3:46 pm
TRUCKEE, California - The Truckee Police Department has purchased its first electric motorcycle, a new tool officers say will help them keep people safe and catch bad guys in the rugged back country around Lake Tahoe with less noise and pollution.
- Reports of distress before small plane crashed in orchard Updated: May-29-16 3:32 pm
SANTA PAULA, California - Authorities say there were reports a small home-built plane was in distress before it crashed in a Southern California orchard, killing both people aboard.
- Device, drug firms spent $3.8M in Treasure Valley in 2014 Updated: May-29-16 12:32 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Robert Wechsler calls himself "the Rain Man of epilepsy for Idaho." A neurologist who specializes in seizure disorders, Wechlser also says that because of his work with the pharmaceutical industry, he is something of a "hired gun ... who comes in and talks about a drug."
- Yakama Nation students find success with prosthetics Updated: May-29-16 10:51 am
YAKIMA, Washington - In a building just outside the main Yakama Nation Tribal School, its MESA prosthetics team has turned a classroom into a workshop.
- Michigan bills expand use of driverless cars beyond testing Updated: May-28-16 9:35 am
LANSING, Michigan - The U.S. auto industry's home state of Michigan is preparing for the advent of self-driving cars by pushing legislation to allow for public sales and operation - a significant expansion beyond an existing state law that sanctions such vehicles for testing only.
- Jury sides with Google in battle over Android software Updated: May-26-16 8:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's Android software just dodged a $9 billion bullet.
- Woman pleads guilty in $54M green energy Ponzi scheme Updated: May-26-16 1:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Pennsylvania woman admitted her role in a $54 million Ponzi scheme that federal prosecutors say was built on promises of a green energy technology that never developed.
- Solar-powered airplane lands in Pennsylvania Updated: May-25-16 8:55 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A solar-powered airplane has landed in Pennsylvania, about 17 hours after it took off from the Ohio hometown of America aviation pioneers Wilbur and Orville Wright.
- The Latest: Solar-powered airplane lands in Pennsylvania Updated: May-25-16 8:50 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The Latest on a solar-powered plane's flight from Ohio to Pennsylvania (all times local):
- US Army to test driverless vehicle technology in Michigan Updated: May-25-16 3:16 pm
LAPEER, Michigan - A convoy of U.S. Army vehicles will cruise along a stretch of Interstate 69 in Michigan as part of an initial testing of driverless military vehicle equipment on public roadways.
- Google self-driving car project opening Michigan tech center Updated: May-25-16 12:47 pm
DETROIT - Google's self-driving car project is heading to the Motor City.
- Vallejo unveils plans for electric car plant at ex-shipyard Updated: May-24-16 10:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The city of Vallejo, which emerged from bankruptcy five years ago, is poised to get a big economic boost as plans to build a major plant for electric cars are rolling forward, officials said Tuesday.
- Markets Right Now: Stocks move solidly higher on Wall Street Updated: May-24-16 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on developments in global financial markets (all times local):
- Wichita State gets $1M to help modernize aerospace building Updated: May-24-16 9:12 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A $1 million gift will help Wichita State University renovate the aerospace engineering building on campus.
- Indy 500 champions call safety measures greatest innovation Updated: May-24-16 2:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Imagine climbing into your sedan in the driveway and not putting on a seatbelt, then trying to back out onto a busy street without the benefit of a rear-view mirror.
- How would Bayer-Monsanto affect workers, farmers, investors? Updated: May-23-16 5:31 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayer wants to buy Monsanto for $62 billion, hooking up the German chemical and drug company with the St. Louis-based producer of seeds and weed-killers.
- Scientists get money to study astronaut memory Updated: May-23-16 3:33 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Two University of Central Florida professors have been awarded $900,000 to study how astronauts' memory and attention spans change during long missions in space.
- Energy expert says oil prices won't top $100 a barrel Updated: May-22-16 12:28 pm
Following a stunning decline, oil prices have clawed back near the $50 level this year. Production boomed in the U.S. but is now slumping. Globally, OPEC is in disarray and major producers can't agree on steps to boost prices.
- Couple offers public electric car charging station at home Updated: May-21-16 11:40 am
OZARK, Alabama - Tom Wyse could count at least three times when he said he vowed that his last vehicle purchase would be his last time in the market for a car.
- NYC mentorship program puts startup staffers in schools Updated: May-21-16 10:34 am
NEW YORK - The budding entrepreneurs wore glasses made of wooden tongue depressors to pitch their idea for glasses with a chip that lets you find them from your phone.
- After brief layover in Tulsa, solar plane heading to Ohio Updated: May-20-16 4:07 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A solar-powered airplane that landed in Oklahoma last week amid its around-the-world journey plans to continue its voyage to Ohio.
- Vail council considers electric bikes on recreational paths Updated: May-20-16 10:59 am
VAIL, Colorado - Vail's Town Council has asked staff to write regulations for a trial of electric bikes on paved recreation paths.
- Airbus unit unveils 3D-printed electric motorcycle Updated: May-20-16 10:54 am
BERLIN - What weighs 77 pounds, goes 50 mph (80 kph) and looks like a Swiss cheese on wheels?
- Uber testing self-driving car in Pittsburgh Updated: May-19-16 1:47 pm
DETROIT - Uber is testing a self-driving car on public streets in Pittsburgh.
- Sugar tax, spaceports meet pageantry in UK Queen's Speech Updated: May-18-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II donned an ermine-trimmed robe and diamond-studded crown Wednesday to announce government promises to put Britain at the cutting edge of technology and social progress in the 21st century.