- NYC mayor to expand municipal electric vehicle fleet Updated: Dec-01-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - New York City plans to launch the largest municipal electric vehicle fleet in the U.S.
- Univ. of California joins Bill Gates' clean energy coalition Updated: Nov-29-15 9:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The University of California announced Sunday it is joining a coalition led by Microsoft founder Bill Gates that will invest in the research and development of clean energy technology to fight climate change.
- Obama prods world on climate change, faces pushback at home Updated: Nov-29-15 8:52 pm
PARIS - Facing pushback at home, President Barack Obama said Sunday that American leadership was helping make gains in the global fight against climate change as he tried to reassure world leaders assembling for a historic conference in Paris that the U.S. can deliver on its own commitments.
- The Latest: Obama visits site of Paris concert attack Updated: Nov-29-15 7:16 pm
PARIS - The latest from the much-anticipated U.N. climate conference that gets underway in Paris on Monday. All times local:
- Better batteries to beat global warming: A race against time Updated: Nov-24-15 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - One of the key technologies that could help wean the globe off fossil fuel is probably at your fingertips or in your pocket right now: the battery.
- Stennis, Loyola-New Orleans partner to market tech patent Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Loyola University New Orleans says its business students will work with engineers at NASA's Stennis Space Center to market a new technology patent.
- China, US promise better protection for business secrets Updated: Nov-24-15 1:18 am
BEIJING - U.S. and Chinese trade envoys on Tuesday promised to work together to protect business secrets and Beijing appeared to give ground in a dispute over proposed technology security rules for its banks.
- UMaine debuting ocean simulator to test sea-bound technology Updated: Nov-22-15 11:12 am
ORONO, Maine - Builders of everything from cruise ships and ports to oil rigs offshore wind turbines are tasked with the same question - will their work will be strong enough to stand up to the sea?
- Utah testing technology that could improve truckers' safety Updated: Nov-21-15 6:46 pm
TOOELE, Utah - Utah is test-driving new technology that could improve safety and fuel efficiency for big-rig truckers.
- EPA says VW cheating software is on more vehicles Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Volkswagen's emissions cheating scandal widened Friday after the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said the German automaker used software to cheat on pollution tests on more six-cylinder diesel vehicles than originally thought.
- The Latest: US says more cars included in VW diesel cheating Updated: Nov-20-15 1:41 pm
BERLIN - The latest developments in Volkswagen's emissions scandal. All times local:
- Nevada officials working 'every day' to strike Faraday deal Updated: Nov-20-15 6:11 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada's top economic development officer says the state is working daily on a potential deal to bring secretive electric car startup Faraday Future to North Las Vegas.
- What's for dinner? Genetically engineered salmon OK'd by FDA Updated: Nov-19-15 10:48 pm
WASHINGTON - What's for dinner? Before long, it may well be genetically modified salmon, the first such altered animal cleared for human consumption in the United States.
- VW has only a few costly options to fix polluting diesels Updated: Nov-19-15 5:03 pm
DETROIT - When Volkswagen submits a plan to fix emissions-cheating diesel engines on Friday, it will have only two options for most of the cars.
- OECD countries to limit overseas financing for coal plants Updated: Nov-18-15 10:06 pm
TOKYO - A compromise struck by the United States, Japan and other major nations will restrict export financing to build coal power plants overseas, but not eliminate it completely.
- VW offers diesel owners $1,000 in gift cards and vouchers Updated: Nov-09-15 11:07 pm
DETROIT - Volkswagen is offering $1,000 in gift cards and vouchers as a goodwill gesture to owners of small diesel-powered cars involved in an emissions cheating scandal.
- Mysterious electric car startup looking to build $1B factory Updated: Nov-08-15 2:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - The luxury electric car market may be small, but it's lucrative enough to get another jolt - this time from a mysterious startup that says it wants to re-imagine how people interact with their autos.
- Kit plane crashes onto building's roof, injuring 2 Updated: Nov-06-15 7:28 pm
LEBANON, Oregon - Authorities in Linn County say a pilot and passenger sustained non-life-threatening injuries after a small airplane crashed onto the roof of a building near Lebanon.
- Toyota invests $1 billion in artificial intelligence in US Updated: Nov-06-15 3:49 am
TOKYO - Toyota is investing $1 billion in a research company it's setting up in Silicon Valley to develop artificial intelligence and robotics, underlining the Japanese automaker's determination to lead in futuristic cars that drive themselves and apply the technology to other areas of daily life.
- AP News Guide: A look at the Volkswagen emissions scandal Updated: Nov-05-15 7:52 am
DETROIT - The dirty cloud hanging over Volkswagen continues to grow.
- EXCHANGE: Technology helps farmers keep up with the times Updated: Nov-05-15 6:15 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Joliet area farmer Dave Kestel set up Monday all the instrumentation in his farming combine with the intent to harvest about 50 acres of corn before the day was done.
- Porsche halts diesel Cayenne sales in US, Canada Updated: Nov-03-15 7:05 pm
DETROIT - Porsche is voluntarily halting the sale of some diesel SUVs in the U.S. and Canada after U.S. regulators accused the brand of using software to cheat on emissions tests.
- Germany's VW: New C02 problems with 800,000 vehicles Updated: Nov-03-15 4:48 pm
BERLIN - Germany's Volkswagen, already reeling from the fallout of cheating on U.S. emissions tests for nitrogen oxide, said Tuesday that an internal investigation has revealed "unexplained inconsistencies" in the carbon dioxide emissions from 800,000 of its vehicles - a development it said could cost the company another 2 billion euros ($2.2 billion).
- MBTA approves safety technology for commuter rail Updated: Nov-03-15 9:37 am
BOSTON - Boston transit officials plan to spend more than $450 million on safety technology for the commuter rail system.
- Nissan test car drives itself safely, recognizes pedestrians Updated: Nov-02-15 11:59 pm
TOKYO - Being a passenger in a self-driving car is similar to being driven around by a very cautious person, maybe your grandmother.