- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - As Mariette Williams waited for her flight from South Florida to Haiti, she paced the departure lounge, folding and re-folding her ticket and clutching the handle of a bag sagging with gifts. She was excited but terrified: For the first time in nearly 30 years, she was about to see her mother.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:51 pm
The Durango Herald, Nov. 17, on Syrian refugees:
- Donors who support early childhood education get tax credits Updated: Nov-02-15 12:40 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Over the past few weeks, donors have pledged $35,000 to help support an agency that provides training and support to people who work with Lafayette Parish preschoolers.
- ACLU sues Indiana agency over adoption subsidies Updated: Oct-30-15 3:11 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana has filed a lawsuit on behalf of two foster parents against the director of the Indiana Department of Child Services' Central Eligibility Unit over adoption subsidies.
- State opens enrollment for first new responder death benefit Updated: Oct-29-15 8:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - State officials are offering a new life insurance benefit for first responders who are not otherwise covered.