- US probes e-commerce giant Alibaba's accounting practices Updated: May-25-16 4:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba wowed investors when it went public in the U.S. in September 2014, and its profits have bucked Wall Street expectations amid the Chinese economy's slowdown. Yet its unorthodox business structure has raised eyebrows, it's been suspended from an anti-counterfeiting group, and now U.S. regulators are investigating its accounting practices.
- Long-awaited hospital in Prince George's Co. faces setbacks Updated: May-25-16 9:34 am
LAKE ARBOR, Maryland - A Maryland Health Care Commission member says that the long-awaited Prince George's County regional hospital needs major changes to win state regulatory approval.
- Regulators, Palisades plant reach settlement over leak Updated: May-17-16 9:58 am
COVERT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Federal regulators say they have reached a settlement with owners of the Palisades nuclear power plant in southwestern Michigan stemming from a leak five years ago.
- Millstone reactor shuts down due to hydrogen gas leak Updated: May-16-16 11:07 am
WATERFORD, Connecticut - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is investigating a hydrogen gas leak that has shut down the Millstone Unit 3 nuclear reactor.
- Federal agency authorizes Hackberry LNG facility expansion Updated: May-13-16 1:46 pm
HACKBERRY, Louisiana - An expansion project has been given the go-ahead at the Cameron LNG export facility in Hackberry.
- Arizona restructures program to remove old fuel tanks Updated: May-13-16 5:59 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's environmental regulatory agency has launched a recently extended and revamped state program for removing old and potentially leaking underground fuel storage tanks free of charge.
- Upstate NY climate activists heckle federal energy chairman Updated: May-11-16 5:45 pm
COLONIE, New York - Climate activists have driven the chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission from the stage at a conference of power plant owners.
- Leader: New Yucca Mountain report ignores impact on tribe Updated: May-10-16 8:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Native American tribal leader said Tuesday that federal regulators failed to consider people living in the Death Valley area in a key environmental report about the likelihood of underground water contamination from a proposed radioactive waste dump in the Nevada desert.
- Feds move forward rejecting southeast Idaho dam project Updated: May-09-16 4:32 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Federal authorities have issued a final environmental impact statement recommending denial of a proposed dam in southeast Idaho on the Bear River.
- Residents to weigh in on new Atlantic Coast Pipeline path Updated: May-05-16 6:13 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Residents in three western Virginia counties will have a chance to weigh in a proposed new path of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- NRC says regulators used wrong info in Indian Point analysis Updated: May-04-16 7:54 pm
NEW YORK - New York's attorney general says federal safety regulators will need to conduct a new analysis into the effects of a devastating accident, should there ever be one at a nuclear power plant north of New York City.