- Injured snowboarder helps other brain injury survivors Updated: May-28-16 12:24 pm
LINCOLN, Vermont - A near-fatal halfpipe crash while training for the 2010 Olympics ended Kevin Pearce's snowboarding career and changed his life forever. Six years later, Pearce, 28, continues to cope with his traumatic brain injury that he will carry with him for the rest of his life and he's helping other survivors do the same.
- Injured vet leading yoga class as part of Michigan benefit Updated: May-27-16 8:57 pm
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A retired U.S. Army sergeant who lost his legs after being hurt by an improvised explosive device in Iraq will lead a yoga class in suburban Detroit as part of a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Pipeline oil spill drill takes place on St. Clair River Updated: May-25-16 6:01 pm
MARYSVILLE, Michigan - U.S. and Canadian agencies have staged a mock oil spill response in the area where an underground pipeline runs beneath the St. Clair River near Marysville.
- TVA opens new swim beach, boat launch ramp Updated: May-25-16 3:48 am
KINGSPORT, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority has opened up a new swim beach and boat launch ramp on TVA land just north of Boone Dam.
- Event marks renovation of ball field, equipment drive launch Updated: May-24-16 9:18 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is marking the renovation of a baseball field and launch of an equipment drive for a youth league.
- Jogger seriously injured by flying truck tire Updated: May-23-16 5:32 pm
MIAMI - Authorities say a jogger was seriously injured on a South Florida causeway when she was hit by a flying tire.
- Missouri governor pushing back on newly passed tax breaks Updated: May-22-16 12:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican-led Legislature this year passed tax breaks for goods and services ranging from wheelchairs to yoga classes, setting up a potential showdown with Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon over what he said could lead to a hole in the state budget.
- Jogger reports sexual assault along Boulder Creek bike path Updated: May-21-16 6:28 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder police say a jogger has reported being sexually assaulted along the Boulder Creek bike path.
- Emilio Navaira's brother says autopsy shows clogged artery Updated: May-19-16 2:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The brother of Tejano star Emilio Navaira (nah-VY'-rah) says the Grammy winner may have suffered a fatal heart attack shortly after returning from a jog.
- Houston police arrest woman in slaying of ex-boyfriend Updated: May-19-16 10:32 am
HOUSTON - Houston police have arrested a woman in the fatal shooting of her ex-boyfriend in a parking lot near a fitness center.
- Opportunities and hurdles with Google's Daydream VR vision Updated: May-19-16 3:31 am
NEW YORK - Upcoming virtual-reality headsets based on Google's new Daydream VR system won't be as sophisticated as Facebook's Oculus Rift.
- District: Jump-rope with cat intestines was part of lesson Updated: May-18-16 7:53 am
SAN ANTONIO - A Texas school district says no one will face punishment after video surfaced of high school students using a cat's intestines as a jump rope during a lesson.
- UFC fighters get a lesson in training Updated: May-17-16 3:56 pm
PHOENIX - Paul Felder finished a set of shoulder presses followed by squats with kettle bells and walked across the EXOS weight room, his chest heaving as he spoke to no one in particular.
- About a ton of debris left after Washington climate protest Updated: May-17-16 10:45 am
ANACORTES, Washington - Authorities say about a ton of debris was left on the ground after weekend environmental protest in northwest Washington.
- Walking school bus brings fun, safety to elementary students Updated: May-15-16 11:35 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - It was a bus without walls, windows, seats or even wheels.
- The Latest: Nixon isn't saying whether he'll veto gun bill Updated: May-13-16 9:45 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Latest on the final day of the Missouri legislative session (all times local):
- Northern California widow of slain yoga teacher testifies Updated: May-09-16 3:56 pm
SAN RAFAEL, California - The widow of a popular Northern California yoga teacher shot dead while walking his dog last year testified about the last time she saw her husband alive.
- These beasts are beauties: India holds bovine beauty pageant Updated: May-07-16 10:02 am
ROHTAK, India - Even beasts can be beautiful.
- Police say man tried to kidnap jogger in Minot Updated: May-07-16 9:44 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Police in Minot say a man tried to lure a 27-year-old woman into a car as she was jogging.
- 'Million-dollar man' uses marathon to rebuild his life Updated: May-06-16 2:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - He's supposed to be angry. Right? Angry at the tie rod for busting, angry at all the pain that followed, angry that he'll never get his old life back. His SUV slammed into the median at 60 mph that day, and before it could somersault across the highway, it tried to slice off John Miller's legs.
- Man accused in killing of camper, yoga teacher pleads guilty Updated: May-02-16 6:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One of three young transients accused of killing a Canadian who was camping during a music festival and a yoga teacher who was walking a dog pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday.
- Beatrice woman attributes bone strength to water aerobics Updated: May-01-16 10:59 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - There was a time when Doris Ourecky's bones were like that of a 100-year-old. She hadn't yet turned 70, the Beatrice Daily Sun (http://bit.ly/1YVtpYR ) reports.
- Wyoming Downs struggles with new horse race machines Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of two companies licensed to operate historic horse racing machines in Wyoming has closed half of its locations and reduced hours at the others in recent months.